Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrashantYour feedback matters!
Colored marks, which are present on the skin since birth or develop soon after birth are called birthmarks. They can be of many sizes, colors and shapes. Some of them are present on the surface, while a few of them are raised over the skin surface.
Here are some common types of birthmarks:
- Salmon patches: These birthmarks are most commonly found. They are flat and thin and are mostly present on the back of the neck, the upper lips, eyelids and in some cases, between the eyebrows. They are usually pale pink or reddish in colour and fade within a year. However, those which are on the nape of the neck might stay and become permanent marks.
- Congenital moles: Congenital moles appear at birth. They are usually brown in colour and can be of different sizes. While some moles appear as a single mark, others can appear clustered in groups. The moles which become larger, however, need close observation because there remains a possibility of them becoming cancerous later on in life.
- Cafe-au-lait spots: They are smoother than other types of patches. They are present from birth and may develop more during childhood. Usually, these spots are not found in the neck or shoulders, but rather at the legs or torso. It is generally not a health scare. However, if these spots appear in clusters and occur in the armpits accompanied with freckles, they might be suggestive of neurofibromatosis later in life.
- Mongolian Spots: They are usually present in babies who are born with darker skins. Mongolian spots usually fade by the time the baby has reached school-going age.
- Venous Malformations: These are very rare birthmarks which are formed because of the abnormalities in the veins. These are usually bigger than other birthmarks and need to be treated by a process which is known as 'embolization'. This involves treating the malformation with a solution, thus putting a clog in the blood vessels and shrinking the mark.
Are home remedies for white patches shown on net useful. If yes up to what extend. I'm covered with white patches on the hand, elbow, chest, stomach and it is increasing rapidly. What is the best method in home remedies. I also have periodic pimples on my bumb, which itches and is recurrent, skin has become black I'm applying Betnovet Gm vety often. Pl. Suggest cream. My age is 48 yrs. Pl. Reply Sir. Thank you.
Hello I have so much spots on my face. N my face is so dull, itz not shiny at all. Please tell me something by which I can get rid of spots and get shiny and smooth skin.
What to do for heavy dark circles around eyes. Am getting enough sleep for more than 8 hrs and no problem with eyesight.
I am a 22 yrs old male and have a weird kind of scaly skin patches around my both hand's upper position, some around neck and chest. In summers, when I go out, these patches turn into red itching patches. What's this problem and what is its cure? thank you.
I am having a problem at my lips corners it seems like skin problem and I used so many creams bt no result. Can you help through this.
Meri Buaji ke chehre pr ankho ke niche Kali jhaiya ho gayi h.suggest good product. How to cure these things. These things looking very bad. How to cure kaali chaya aur jhaiya. Suggest me best treatment.
Hello sir, my mother eyes surrounding have dark black sports from long time about 15-20 years . Please suggest treatment, cream or other way to remove it.
My skin is so dry. So, which of type of fairness cream should I apply for glowing and more farer skin than previous one. I used only NOSCARS cream in night before going to bed for fair skin. Is it good cream for me? Pls tell me what should I do?
There is a lightblackish spot on the right side of my nose since 7-8 moths . Its not going instead it looks like it is expanded more compared to one before 8 months. Suggest me the necessary to vanish that spot from my nose.
I am a 32 year lady, I have a very dry skin. I have never followed a skincare routine, just used a moisture in morning. But now I feel that my skin is ageing and is very dull. So please tell me the dry skin care routine I should be following.
I was fair in complexion but due to sales job I have to spend lots of time under sun as a result my skin is becoming dark can you please suggest me any natural way decrease my melanin production and get back my fair complexion.
Hello, I have a rash on the skin between my scrotum and my leg and a little bit on my leg and scrotum, it is itchy and little patches of skin have turned red. It covered large area including my both thighs.
Hello Doctor, I am 36 year old male and noticing a small node left side to spinal cord just above the centre of back for last few days small in size no pain, no sensation nothing its as good as normal skin. Please suggest.
Hi doctor, I have bought cernor xo kit for dark circles. Can you please tell me how to apply that serum (micro emulsion) on dark circles? It is in the liquid form. Thank u.
The condition which occurs on exposure to foreign substances and causes the skin to become red, itchy and inflamed is known as contact dermatitis. It is commonly known as a rash. Although most of the reactions to contact dermatitis are not serious, they can be very irritating till the itching subsides. The causes of contact dermatitis are usually case specific; they vary according to the different types of this disease.
The types of contact dermatitis are:
- Allergic contact dermatitis: This condition occurs when an allergic reaction is developed after exposure to foreign substances. The reaction occurs with a release of inflammatory chemicals that causes the skin to become irritated and itchy. If a person has eczema, he or she can suffer from this kind of rash. Causes of allergic contact dermatitis include:
- Latex gloves
- Poison Oak
- Jewellery (gold or nickel)
- Perfumes and chemicals in skincare and cosmetic products
- Irritant contact dermatitis: Contact between the skin and a toxic material causes Irritant contact dermatitis. They can be sub divided into two categories, namely chemical irritants and physical irritants. Some of the toxic substances that cause this condition include battery acid, drain cleaners, detergents, kerosene, pepper spray and bleach. The physical causes of Irritant contact dermatitis include low humidity from air conditioning, a variety of plants and so on so forth. The condition tends to become more painful, rather than itchy.
- Photo-contact dermatitis: This is a very uncommon type of contact dermatitis which is caused due to the exposure of some active ingredients in sunscreen to sunlight. When sunlight is not present, the sensitive chemicals in the substances are not harmful.
Symptoms of contact dermatitis depend upon the causes of this condition. The symptoms of allergic contact dermatitis are:
- Dry or oozing blisters
- Dry, flaky and scaly skin
- Redness of the skin
- Extreme itching
- Burning of the skin with or without sores
- Leathery or dark appearance of the skin
- Swelling, particularly on the face, in your eyes or groin regions
Symptoms of Irritant Contact dermatitis can be slightly different. They include: