Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashant
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrashantYour feedback matters!
Corns and calluses refer to the hardening of the skin to form a layer over an area where constant pressure and abrasion is experienced. This thickening of the skin is known as a corn or callus. One will usually experience pain and tenderness in the area where this thickening happens. While corns are thick and tender coatings, a callus is usually the flattened thick area on the skin (know more to make the skin healthy and glowing). As far as shape goes, corns are conical and sharpened while calluses are flat. They are most typically found on the hands and feet. There are various ways of treating this condition. Let us find out more.
What causes corns and calluses?
To understand how to treat these corns and calluses, it is important to first of all understand what causes the same. These corns and calluses are usually formed as a natural defence as the body tries to strengthen the skin when it meets too much friction or pressure. This condition may occur when the toes are pressed together constantly with an abnormal elevation. This can also happen when there is prolonged use of high heels as well as sports training footwear. Bone deformities in the toes and fingers can also be one of the causes of this condition. In many cases, the gait and movement of the patient can cause corns and calluses. Also, when a person plays musical instruments that require constant strumming like a guitar or other instruments, it may result in formation of corns and calluses in the fingers.
- Medical Intervention for Complications: If a patient is suffering from conditions like diabetes (know more about Diabetes) or peripheral arterial disease, it may lead to poor circulation and delicate skin. This can cause the development and growth of corns and calluses. It is important to see your doctor in such cases so that such symptoms may be treated at the onset before they become too painful and end up spreading.
- Medication: A patient will have to ingest salicylic acid based medicines and even resort to the use of sulphur in order to cure these corns and calluses. One must ensure that a skin specialist or dermatologist prescribes the medicines so that one can apply and administer as per the correct dosage.
- Home Remedies: Personal hygiene is one of the primary factors that can help in treating and curing this condition. Keeping the affected area clean can increase the chances of the growth to clear up soon. Also, one may have to avoid wearing high heels and constricting footwear for a while until the corns and calluses clear up or fall off. This will also ensure that there is less friction between the feet and the footwear for better recovery chances.
I am 20 years old male I have one problem. Someone beat kidding me. In skins some thing dot dot created after 10 mins its gone.
My skin is Dark, and I want a treatment for skin brightening, but I am not sure, may be this may cause any disease.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.