Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashant G. Bhinde
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant G. BhindeYour feedback matters!
I have no bad habits but my mouth always dry and block colors changing. Please help my problem doctors.
July 17th I extracted wisdom tooth. But there is no stitches over there. But still is not healed. Still I can see the big hole. Sometimes I can see over there whitish. After rinse it's cleared. There is only big hole. What should I do.
I' m 22 year female. I want to know that plen braces is good for teeth setting. Because I don' t want to take off my teeth. I consulted a dentist and he said my four teeth must be remove. So please any other options tell me.
I do brush everyday still my teeth are going yellow day by day which do not look nice please suggest either any home made remedy or any ointment to cure it I also want yo lose weight but dont hav time for gym I want to loose 12 kgs in 6 months please guide.
Doctor .I want my teeth to be cleaned. N make white like before can you help me with the address and cost.
I have tongue with sores all over 24 x 7 days and don't go away even after taking vitamin b complex and folic acid regularly. I feel pain while talking sour and spicy food. Please guide me for permanent solution. Thanks.
Hi doctor,, i just want to ask about my 11 year old son, about his teeth, his teeth is not like all, if he chew means front teeth will together, not like as front & back, but he can eat normal every thing. But in future he will get any problem for this i want to know.
I have a yellow teeth problem and I brush 2 times daily, instead of brushing my teeth are getting yellow and smelling. What should I do?
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying, but there are ways to manage it effectively, please get in touch with your dentist, today!