Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasad V. DalviYour feedback matters!
I have pimples for a long time, and its not going till now. Its not only in my face but in my chest, back and in hand.
I am 19 years old. My hair is very thin. Recently m facing hair fall. What should I do for this hair fall and for hair growth.
Hello Doctor! My Gf had an contraceptive pill for first time and 18th March and have been bleeding since yesterday morning. Bleeding has not been as much as periods. Is der any problem with it and suggest any precautions if any. Wen does the bleeding stop and will she have menstrual cycle as before on regular date. Is der any chance of pregnancy as such.
Hi, Some times I have mild pain in my heart from last one year. I have gone through blood test and found. My LDL is 221. Is high bad cholesterol can cause heart problems and what are the measures need to apply for cure of this problem. My current age is 27.
Hi I am 25 years old, suffering with hair fall in the top portion of the head, almost 30-40% of the hair fallen.
Libido or sex drive means the desire to have sex; there are a number of reasons that can lead to low libido. There are a number of methods by which you can increase your libido, some of them are:
- Exercise: Exercise is one of your major weapons against low libido; make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it helps in improving circulation in the body. Do various exercises such as squats and push-ups to improve your strength and endurance. It is known to increase production of sex hormones and endorphins in the body.
- Limit Smoking: Smoking cigarettes causes complications in the body as it is known to be a vasoconstrictor. The blood vessels tend to narrow, thus leading to damage in the arteries and veins. The veins of the penis may be damaged leading to sexual problems.
- Stress Reduction: You may adopt various techniques such as meditation and yoga to reduce stress levels in the body. Stress raises cortisol levels in the body which can hamper your sex life.
- Sleep: You need to sleep adequately and sleep sound as sleeping deficiency has been linked with erectile dysfunction. Sleep also revitalizes your body and releases beneficial hormones in the body.
- Restrict Alcohol Consumption: It is important that you restrict alcohol consumption as alcohol in excess may lead to obesity and other related disorders. It may also lead to mental health problems such as anxiety which can impair sexual drive.
- Cut Down on Coffee: Coffee is a known vasoconstrictor as it tends to narrow your blood vessels. It limits blood flow, thus may reduce your sex drive. Make sure you limit coffee intake to 1 or 2 cups of coffee to avoid the complications.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the necessary nutrients in your diet. Vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli contain antioxidants that protect your body against free radical damage. Include oily fish such as salmon that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids because they help in improving sexual drive.
Sir , gd evng , my height growth has stopped since when I was 16 , now I'm 19 , is it possible to increase my height ? If possible anyway, sir please help me ,thank you sir.
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
I am 21 years old, male. I have a question, how to reduce dark spots near eyes. Suggest some diet to follow to reduce the dark spots and to increase the glow in my face.
A missed period is one of the most common worries for women. When her menstrual cycle dates don?t match her marked calendar dates, there are a dozen of fears she is burdened with. Most women find a missed menstrual period occasionally. But when it happens twice in a row, it means it?s time to get yourself checked.
Taking a little extra time to check in with your body gives you the chance to recognize abnormalities. You can then take steps accordingly to effectively address them.
A normal menstrual cycle is of 28 days, plus or minus seven days. An irregular menstrual cycle is characterized either as an earlier than expected period or a later than expected period. It can also mean a skipped period or bleeding in between regular periods, heavier/ lighter menstrual flow than usual. The most common reasons for irregular monthly cycle are as below.
Excessive weight loss or gain: Weighing too much or too little affects a woman?s menstrual cycle. Too much weight gain can cause excess estrogen storage in fatty tissues. This then gets partially converted by the body to androgens leading to thinning of the uterine lining and decreased ovulation. Excessively low body weight interrupts many hormonal functions in the body, potentially halting ovulation. Strive for a healthy weight.
Stress: Stress can affect hormones and induce irregular periods. Extreme fatigue, worry or anxiety cause the hormones to become unbalanced. Excessive stress plays a role in suppressing the functioning of the hypothalamus. Hypothalamus, controls the pituitary gland that in turn controls the thyroid and adrenal glands and the ovaries, all of which work together to manage hormones. The side effects of ovarian dysfunction leads to irregular periods. Monthly periods are quite susceptible to dips and spikes in our emotions and our health. A sudden change in the way your brain reacts to stressed situations interferes with the hormonal productivity, leading to irregular estrogen and progesterone levels.
Intense Exercise: Regular exercise is good to maintain a healthy life. However, too much exercise can result in estrogen dominance thereby leading to irregular periods. Girls who are athletic and very active in sports normally face problems with their regular menstrual cycle. Athletic amenorrhea tends to be seen in women who participate in rigorous training exercises like long distance running, ballet, gymnastics, and figure skating.
Birth Control Pills ? they can make one?s periods lighter, or cause one to miss periods. The body takes sometime to adjust to the new levels of hormones delivered by hormonal birth control therefore leading to irregularity.
Chronic Illness ? Chronic illnesses such as Celiac disease, Crohn?s disease, cystic fibrosis, Tuberculosis, heart disease, uncontrolled diabetes may postpone menstrual periods by delaying ovulation.
PCOS ? It is a genetic condition that results from abnormal levels of certain hormones. Girls with PCOS typically have irregular menstrual cycles and may experience fewer than 9 menstrual cycles a year. Due to PCOS, the ovaries do not regularly ovulate and there are also a number of under-developed follicles in the ovaries. They have high levels of androgen (male hormones) which leads to excess hair growth, acne and often overweight.
Alcohol Abuse ? Long-term heavy drinking can cause women to have irregular periods or stop ovulating. Drinking alcohol causes hormonal imbalances and can affect the way the liver processes the hormones that are responsible for ovulation and menstrual regularity.
Many women miss periods now and then. If you?ve skipped a period, try to relax and firstly restore the emotional and physical balance of yourself. Unless you are pregnant, chances are your cycle will return to normal next month. However, if you miss it the second time or show symptoms of irregular periods along with symptoms like flushing, sweating, heat intolerance, heart palpitations, and sleeplessness immediately check with the doctor. Many menstrual problems could indicate undiagnosed thyroid conditions. They call for a thyroid evaluation by your physician.
Never ignore menstrual changes. Talk to your doctor without delay!
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed after a thorough analysis of your medical history, emotional and physical constitution. All Homeopathic medicines are based on achieving potency of the substance, which is done by diluting it with water and alcohol. In case of acne, this treatment controls the secretion of oil from the skin, removes acne related scars and eliminates underlying conditions such as hormonal imbalance that causes acne.
Various Homeopathic remedies to treat acne are:
- Calcaria sulphuricum: This treatment is recommended for people who regularly have large pimples filled with pus. The person tends to be easily affected by heat.
- Dulcamara: It is used in treating acne as well as scars left by acne. It is usually recommended for acne that occurs due to climate changes.
- Sanguinaria: It is a very effective remedy for treating acne in women who have problems in their periods. It is also used in acne treatment in women who suffer from sexual problems.
- Silica: This treatment enhances the immune system of the body so that acne formation in the body is reduced. This is a common treatment for people who have recurrent bouts of acne.
- Natrum Muriaticum: This treatment is made from common salt and is used to treat acne that results from menstrual irregularities and other hormonal disturbances. It is also used for treating oily skin and other rashes which result from it.
- Arctium lappa: It is a Homeopathic remedy for treating symptoms of acne and its scars. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.