Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am 20 years old and student. I have some serious issues these days. 2-3 years before I was fine but now a days I can't remember much things specifically names and information. I get lost in words to convey what I m trying to say. So this is my problem you can suggest something its better. Am I losing my nerve cells or what?
I am 38 years old. Feel sweet pain in my back. I am a smoker. About 3 month back gone thru health check up including chest X ray. All was normal.
I am 44 years old and suffering from loss of memory or concentration and feeling blurred vision and the tendency of upside uric acid. And pain in sch older joint.
I am going to be married this year I had done some sex with males. Now I just want to know that it will not impact on my married life or how can I come out homosexuality. Or I have to continue the sex with male after marriage.
How to quit smoking? guidance to quit smoking as I do smoke 15-20 cig. A day please prescribe any supplements medicine without any side effects or dietary is required.
My child gets into trouble at school. He doesn't write. At home he tells a lot of lies. He has more friends of the opposite sex. He uses abusive language at school. He is very violent. He raises his voice. He is a poor eater when it comes to home made food. He throws tantrums to get things his way. He has no emotional bondage with anyone.
How to remain fit and fine while we are studying regularly and have no time to do exercise please can you give me advice to remain fit.
My mother is suffering from unexpected behavior which is totally unexpected from her and she is living alone after marriage of my sister and mine and my father is no more and she is teacher so details will be explained in further communication.
I have daughter who is 24 years old. We got her psychological test done 2 years back and as per doctor she had been identified as border line personality disorder. We tried that she take counselling but every 2 to 3 sessions she leaves it saying it is useless and I am alright. The impact is aggression in personality which is more when she comes close to her mensuration cycle. I need advise on medication counselling and how to tackle as a parent. Please suggest if we can find some good doctors in Bangalore.
पिछले दो दिनों सेअजीब सी बेचनी हो रहा है। घबराहट से हो रहा है। मन में बुरे ख्याल आ रहे है। ऐसा लग रहा है कुछ होने वाला है। नींद नहीं आरही है। कोई भी चीझ से परेशानी हो जा रही है जैसे की पंखे की आवाज।
I feel stressed and tired and lazy most of the time especially in the morning. What to do? Please suggest.
My wife for small small things she will create problems n later she vil blame on me. Recently I visit to Mantralaya I booked ola cab n I told I will pick, but unfortunately driver told I can't go in another way. So I told my can you come by auto for tht she created more problems in bus n I thought I vil die I can't lead life anymore with my wife. Can you give suggestion please.
Hi I am abbas WI would like to know the reasons Last night my room mate and I went for outing we had alcohol 180 ml each from there we had birayni but after he had food after 20 mins his face was totally sweating and he was unable to stand also he was telling he is getting unconscious suddenly And he told me that this is happened after dinner only and this was 2nd time happened Iwas thinking that this is happen bcoz of blood pressure issues Can u pls help me with reason.
I am seeing porn videos everyday! Is this a good thing, will it cause any effect to the mental behaviour?
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia