Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasad Mahadevan
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasad MahadevanYour feedback matters!
oday my twins r alive is all becoz of him....I can blindly trust him for everything.Dr Prasad n Dr Dipti were always there for me..whenever it was required ...with all their extenTed help.Very cooperative n talks point to point. His all staff r very helpful. Thanks
I'm 9 weeks pregnant. And my doctor suggested me to take cefadroxil bludrox 500 mg for 5 days as I'm suffering from throat pain. Is it ok? Does it harm to baby?
My wife is pregnant and have thalassemia we have weekly iron sucrose drips for it doctor said to have egg for protien but we don't eat non veg so what can we do.
Hi I am 34 years female, doing follicular scan without any medicines my 15th day follicle size is 18×13mm is that ok that too only in right ovary. Will I get conceived this time?
Dr. sir, my wife has a back pain and excess bleeding during periods ,whether their is fibroid in her uterus if yes what test shall confirm fibroid and medicines can be taken to eliminate the fibroid. She is also not conceiving. Shall be glad if reply me.
I took unwanted 72 in February (on first day of my periods, as when I started bleeding I took the pill) and my periods stopped but after few days I started bleeding but in the month of March it's delayed with few days. Will I get me periods this month or is it something to worry about?
I got an abortion last year because of less growth of child. So I hve taken rest. Now frm 3 months m trying but still no hope for conceiving the child. So what should I do.? My marriage time period is 1and a half year.
Hi I am 7 months pregnant and this is the start of my 8th month. I have been told by numerous people to be extra careful. What extra precautions to take in this month. I am working and have to travel to office for1 hr each way. Kindly advise.
Hello. Mai suru se ab tk ki puri detail likh rhi hu. Phle k qtns me maine clearly nhi likha to mai isme mai apni saari problems likh rhi hu. M 6 to 7 week pregnant. and maine jb se conceive kia hai muje tbi se brown discharge ho rha hai. Kbi bht light to kbi bht dark. 2 aug ko maine ultrasound krwaya jisme baby bht chota sa aaya to de. Ne kaha k abi kuch khna mushki h.kuch time baad fir se ek baar ultrasound krenge fir dekhte hai. then maine 22 aug ko fir se ultrasound krwaya jisme aaya k baby growth to puri kr rha hai but abi heartbeat nhi aayi. To Dr. Boli k abi 50 50 chances hai. 10 days baad aap dubara krwao ultrasound. Yo muje yhi puchna hai k muje discharge hone se koi dkkt to nhi hogi meri pregnancy me. Or abi ye b nhi pta chla k bleeding ho kis wjh se rhi hai. Or hearbeat kb tk bnti hai. Kya in 10 days me heartbeat bn jygi? Maine isme saari prlblm likh di hai. Pls ek baar aap isey read krke again ans kr dijiye. Thanks.
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. Talk to your doctor about it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!