Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasad Mahadevan
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasad MahadevanYour feedback matters!
oday my twins r alive is all becoz of him....I can blindly trust him for everything.Dr Prasad n Dr Dipti were always there for me..whenever it was required ...with all their extenTed help.Very cooperative n talks point to point. His all staff r very helpful. Thanks
Hello madam/sir. I want to ask you that my mom's having CA right breast cancer. She is under treatment taking herceptin Injection along with saline once in a month. Suddenly she got feel paining on her left upper chest just upper portion from the left breast. What should we do is that heart disease? She has back thought out pain also. Spinal cord. Now seriously scared about that coz of cancer? Kindly help us.
Bones are quite literally the support system of the body, so it's super important to keep them strong and healthy. Strength is not a goal you achieve in a day, week or month. It is a way more rigorous process that has to go on for years. The growing age of your life matters the most; it is at this point that you can make your bones strong. Bone strength should also be maintained in certain ways. Child or adult, you must aim for both mental and physical strength.
Here are some tips to make deposits in your bone bank for a healthier future:
- Know your family history: As with many medical conditions, family history is a key indicator of bone health. Those with a parent or sibling who has or had osteoporosis are more likely to develop it. So, how's your bone density, grandma? might seem like an awkward question at thanksgiving dinner, but ask anyway before she passes the gravy.
- Boost calcium consumption: When most people think bones, they think calcium. This mineral is essential for the proper development of teeth and bones. But calcium isn't the end-all, be-all bone loss cure. The key might be to help the body absorb calcium by pairing calcium-rich foods with those high in vitamin d. Foods that are good sources of calcium include yogurt, cheese, milk, spinach and collard greens.
- Don't forget the vitamin d: where there's calcium, there must be vitamin d: the two works together to help the body absorb bone-boosting calcium. Boost vitamin d consumption by munching on shrimp, fortified foods like cereal and orange juice, sardines, eggs (in the yolks) and tuna, or opt for a vitamin d supplement. The body also produces vitamin d when exposed to the sun - 10 to 15 minutes of exposure three times per week will do. Vitamin d's importance to bone health has been proven in studies on seasonal bone loss - elderly people can lose more bone mass during the winter because of lack of sun exposure.
- Make exercise a priority: Seriously regular exercise is to keep a number of health issues at bay, and bone health is no exception. In fact, living a sedentary lifestyle is considered a risk factor for osteoporosis. What type of exercise is most effective? weight-bearing exercises like running, walking, jumping rope, skiing and stair climbing keep bones strongest.
- Consume less caffeine: Caffeine does have some health benefits, but unfortunately not for our bones. Too much of it can interfere with the body's ability to absorb calcium. Drinking more than two cups of coffee per day accelerated bone loss in subjects who also didn't consume enough calcium. Also more than 18 ounces of coffee per day can accelerate bone loss by negatively interacting with vitamin d. So enjoy the java, but keep it in moderation and consume enough calcium, too.
- Quit smoking: Here's yet another reason to lose the cigarettes: multiple studies have shown that smoking can prevent the body from efficiently absorbing calcium, decreasing bone mass.
In pregnancy how should I maintain my figure Suggest me home workouts that maintain my fitness in pregnancy Thanks.
I do weekly sex that is once in a week on monday & every time doing this I feel pain in vagina & this Monday even got bleeding. My white discharge is also normal. Bt sometimes in white discharge there's little redness of blood then why do I still feel pain & why bleeding happened?
Sleep hygiene is a variety of different practices and habits that are necessary to have good nighttime sleep quality and full daytime alertness.
Why is it important to practice good sleep hygiene?
Obtaining healthy sleep is important for both physical and mental health. It can also improve productivity and overall quality of life. Everyone, from children to older adults, can benefit from practicing good sleep habits.
How can I improve my sleep hygiene?
One of the most important sleep hygiene practices is to spend an appropriate amount of time asleep in bed, not too little or too excessive. Sleep needs vary across ages and are especially impacted by lifestyle and health. However, there are recommendations that can provide guidance on how much sleep you need generally. Other good sleep hygiene practices include:
Limiting daytime naps to 30 minutes. Napping does not make up for inadequate nighttime sleep. However, a short nap of 20-30 minutes can help to improve mood, alertness and performance.
Avoiding stimulants such as caffeineand nicotine close to bedtime. And when it comes to alcohol, moderation is key 4. While alcohol is well-known to help you fall asleep faster, too much close to bedtime can disrupt sleep in the second half of the night as the body begins to process the alcohol.
Exercising to promote good quality sleep. As little as 10 minutes of aerobic exercise, such as walking or cycling, can drastically improve nighttime sleep quality. For the best night’s sleep, most people should avoid strenuous workouts close to bedtime. However, the effect of intense nighttime exercise on sleep differs from person to person, so find out what works best for you.
Steering clear of food that can be disruptive right before sleep. Heavy or rich foods, fatty or fried meals, spicy dishes, citrus fruits, and carbonated drinks can trigger indigestion for some people. When this occurs close to bedtime, it can lead to painful heartburn that disrupts sleep.
Ensuring adequate exposure to natural light. This is particularly important for individuals who may not venture outside frequently. Exposure to sunlight during the day, as well as darkness at night, helps to maintain a healthy sleep-wake cycle.
Establishing a regular relaxing bedtime routine. A regular nightly routine helps the body recognize that it is bedtime. This could include taking warm shower or bath, reading a book, or light stretches. When possible, try to avoid emotionally upsetting conversations and activities before attempting to sleep.
Making sure that sleep environment is pleasant. Mattress and pillows should be comfortable. The bedroom should be cool – between 60 and 67 degrees – for optimal sleep. Bright light from lamps, cell phone and tv screens can make it difficult to fall asleep, so turn those light off or adjust them when possible. Consider using blackout curtains, eye shades, ear plugs" white noise" machines, humidifiers, fans and other devices that can make the bedroom more relaxing.
Hi doctor I have taken siphene 100 mg and ovulated on 16th day. Now am 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. Today only fetal heartbeat was visible in transvaginal scan and it is Brady. Fetal pole also visible today only. My doctor scheduled next appointment this Sunday. Am really scared because my doctor told the chances are very less for further growth. Please let me know whether my baby is growing well?
Hi.I've been taking Venlift OD 75 mg and Trika SR 0.5 mg. I've just conceived. Is it advisable to take these medicines during pregnancy ? If not.What to do ?
These drinks are not only amazingly delicious but they have so many health benefits as well! If you are feeling low on energy, maybe you work a job that requires little physical motion. Maybe you just didn?t get enough sleep and are feeling drained. These drinks have the nutrients your body needs in order to thrive.
1. Green Supreme
In a juicer blend together?
-8 Kale Stocks
-2 Green Apples
-2 Green Pears
2. Beetroot Blend
In a juicer blend together?
-6 Peeled Carrots
-4 Peeled Beets
-2 Red Apples
-A bit of peeled ginger
-Add some turmeric if you?re feeling adventurous.
3. Lavender Tea
4 Boil a small amount of water in a pot ? this is going to be a concentrated amount.
Add sugar when water is bubbling and stir until completely dissolved. Taste for sweetness, add more lemon if too sweet.
Add in lavender and stir for a minute, then add the mint and let boil for a few minutes.
Taste every so often as the tastes get more pungent as it cooks.
Through a strainer, pour the concentrated tea into a jug filled with ice cubes ? and there you have it!
-4 Lavender Sprigs or 1 cup crushed lavender
-2 Sprigs of mint
-Honey or Raw Sugar
-Lemon to taste
Add bit of ginger if you want to add some spice.