Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pranay R. ShahYour feedback matters!
Have pain while Urinating??
If left untreated, what are the complications?
If painful urination is left untreated, it can be life threatening depending on the cause. Complications include kidney failure, septicemia, shock and spread of cancer.
That’s why it is better to seek medical help if the symptoms last for 2 days, especially if your pain is associated with other symptoms like foul smelling urine, pus or blood in the urine, nausea, vomiting, fever, pain in lower back and frequent chills.
Treatment and Prevention
If the cause of painful urination is an infection, then it is treated with antibiotics, urinary analgesics and anti-fungal agents in the form of creams or tablets. There are several natural remedies for painful urination as well.
Here are some tips to avoid painful urination:
1) Drink lots of water every day to cleanse your system.
2) Urinate as soon as you feel the urge to urinate to reduce the risk of infection.
3) Avoid eating spicy and sugary foods. They can irritate the linings of your bladder, cause pelvic cramps and also burden your kidneys and bladder.
4) Avoid drinking alcohol and caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee. They tend to stimulate bladder irritation and cause dehydration.
5) Avoid eating tomatoes and citrus foods.
6) Follow proper hygiene daily.
After urinating, women should dry the area from front to back for preventing germ inoculation in the urinary tract. Change sanitary towels regularly during periods.
Avoid using products like soap, oils or talc around the genital area that can cause irritation.
Practice safe and hygienic sex. Urinate after having an intercourse to flush out bacteria from the urethra.
Avoid wearing tight clothes.
For more queries and herbal health tips u may consult me.
Wish u a good health.
1. What fruits and vegetables should be taken for pregnant women? 2. Can she eat egg/fish/mutton/chicken? 3. What exercise is good for pregnant women?
My wife had a severe lower back pain during her menstrual cycle. Is it normal or we should consult with doctor.
On 14th of sep my friend had unprotected sex and after 24 hrs she had consumed a pill name unwanted 72 right after consuming the same she was feeling little unwell and puked after 2 hours of consumption, she have done sex for the first time and broke her hymen too a little bleeding happened oy at that time since thn her vagina is completely dry and felt that its little swollen, is it normal to hv swollen vagina after first time. She felt pain for few days and her dates were supposed to come near to 23rd sep but she is still waiting and no discharge coming from vagina please suggest are these signs of pregnancy as she had unprotected sex, if yes, then how can she avoid it.
Hello, I maintain sexual relations with my boyfriend three times and each time I have consumed unwanted 72. Its causing sharp pain in my stomach. Please tell me what I should do ?
Some love it, some hate it because of the smell that stays behind. However, it is advisable to eat a lot of onions, as they are very good for your health.
Cooking the onions kill their medicinal properties. That is why red onions should be eaten raw and untreated. There are a lot of combinations, and if you're brave enough, you can eat it as a side dish almost every lunch. Today, we'll give you 7 reasons to add red onions to your diet.
Stops cancer cell growth
Onions are rich sulfur compounds that protect the body from stomach cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer. They are also effective in fighting off bacteria in the urinary tract.
Raw onions increase the production of insulin. If you are a diabetic, you have a good reason to regularly eat fresh raw onions.
Fibers found in raw onions can help you in the fight against constipation. They force out toxins and hard food particles from your intestines.
Help for a sore throat
Make onion juice. It's great for healing colds and sore throats.
If you are tormented by nosebleeds, red onions can stop the bleeding. You can also smell onions for healing nose bleeds.
It protects the heart
Onions can help protect the heart from coronary disease. Onions can also control high blood pressure.
Controls cholesterol levels
Raw onions control cholesterol levels and lower bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.
I have varicose vein in legs. It is getting improved. But my problem is doctors are giving me tb medication. So for 4 months it will last. I want to plan baby. Can I plan. I am heavy weight. My age is 28 yrs. What to do. My periods flow is regular but medium flow is there. It last for only 2-3 days.
My vagina had been itching for months and I don't find a permanent solution for this, what can I do?
Wife ultrasound says dat at gestation age: 8 weeks 3 days +-7 days and menstrual age: 7 weeks 1 day No fetal node/yolk sac seen Kindly help me is it f9 reports or what else.
Hi in this month pregnancy ke liye try kiya tha aap batayiye succesfully result ayega ya nai Wife ka period 33 days ka he so 3 may ko aane wala tha 4 may b nikal gayi Period asakta he abi b ya fir wo pregnent he.
Continuing frm the ans I got 4 my last query, i've sme queries- 1) diff b/w OCP n Emergency pills n their uses is clear 2 me now, Bt is either of them supposed 2 b taken if involving in sex during SAFE DAYS (days EXCEPT 10-18 of a cycle). Or r they ONLY supposed 2 b taken during sex in UNSAFE DAYS (days 10-18 of cycle) 2 avoid pregnancy. 2) Should either of them b consumed after SAFE DAYS sex also just 2 get 100% sure abt having no pregnancy at all. If yes, which 1. 3) Can v get involved in sex multiple tyms a day/multiple days during a SINGLE 28 days course of OCP during a cycle 2 avoid pregnancy. 4) Using cndm in UNSAFE DAYS is imp 2 avoid pregnancy n STDs. Bt m I supposed 2 use it even in SAFE DAYS too if involving 1st tym wid a known virgin grl as a virgin. Or can I go WITHOUT it coz of being in SAFE DAYS n wid known partner. 5) Is it OK 2 go WITHOUT cndm frm 2nd tym onwards wid same partner in SAFE DAYS 2 avoid STDs (n of course pregnancy (being in SAFE DAYS)). please ans numbrwise.
I am a married women since 2.5 years, am suffering from pain in left of my lower abdomen. I had gone through many sonography yet not getting any positive response. Many Dr. said it may be kidney stone. I consulted a laparoscopic surgeon he said it is infection n told me to continue the course for 1.5 month. During sex also I suffer a severe pain. After so many tablets I am not getting cure of it. So please suggest me what to so.
Yesterday I had sex During the oral sex, I ejaculated into her mouth nd she swallowed it. After that she is suffering from vomitinga nd slight abdominal pain. Why is it so doctor. Pls help sir.
Sir I have done sex with my gf last 13 days ago. Now she is said that there is bleeding with her urine and feeling painful also but she is suffering for stone pain also, she is going toilet so many times in an hour and vomit and rawness also she ho in a clinic but doctor said there is a only infection not anything serious now I m confuse that is she is pregnant or not please help I m very worry about this.
Sir .I took abortion pills mifrestrone at 3 pm then I took 4 misoprostol vaginally at 5 pm after 26 hrs of 1st pill .It's start bleeding after 3 hrs but not heavy as expected. Bleeding still continue. Now it's become 29 hrs of taking of misoprostol still bleeding. During these hrs no heavy bleeding occur as expected. I am 6 week pregnant. Counting from last period. How can I be sure that abortion complete. What should I do?
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.