Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. PramodYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 23 sir mera stomach bahut kharab rahta h kabi kabi chest m bi dard hota h sir hum kya kare.
What is ayurvedic medicine for portal hypertension? Having edema, fluctuating BP diastolic always go high. gastric issues are also frequent. Need to know medicine for same. presently taking, punarvana mandir, chandraprabha vati, 2 3 more medicines unable to remember names.
Hi doc my mom is 55 yrs old. C has high blood pressure. C s taking medicines. Additionally wat type of food to take.
Sir my blood pressure is very high since 2 day I have use many tablet BT it was not down please slow my problem.
Hi I am 37 year old male, I always think of heart attack, I have done all tests but still I think of it continuously. Please let me know if I need any medical therapy.
I have been suffering from acute headache in the morning and chest pain and continuous pain in the neck and shoulder pain as well.
My chest is panning since yesterday morning when I woke up. That night it was too much hot so I slept directly in front of cooler for more than 8 hour. I don't know if its panning because of that. I smoke cigarettes since few months but I am not a chain smoker, I smoke hardly 1 cigarette per day. I don't know what is the reason but it's almost 24 hr and still panning. When I press middle part of chest bone it pains more. I don't have cough and all. I was a patience of jaundice 2 year before with bilirubin level 18, but I am fine now. Please help me doctor.
I am 61 years old male and regularly go for brisk walking in the morning and evening for each 1 hour for the last 10 years. Though I am not putting on weight still I am unable to reduce my (over) weight and also my cholesterol levels (always in border line) though I don't consume non veg, ghee, use very less sugar, salt, oil in food. Even I have tried brown rice, Wheat pulkas at night, consume fresh fruits etc. Even my good cholesterol level is not increasing. Please advice.
I am suffering cough for last two weeks and have a chest pain whenever cough hard. Can you suggest me some medicines.
I am 38 years women weighing 78 kg height 5 ft with high cholesterol and high uric acid. I want to loose weight.
I am a diabetic and also BP but my blood pressure is under control but when tested I found my pulse rate at 95 what will be the reason I am on amaryl 1 mg and angizar 25 mg what is the normal pulse rate what can I do to bring the pulse rate lower please help my pulse rate is not taken while resting.
I have a ringing sound in my ear. First it was occasional for a week but after that it is for long duration. It started when I had a bad allergic cold with blocked nose and continuous sneezing. When moving my jaw I can feel some wax type feeling. Should I be worried?
I have a problem in my heart. My heart beats more than normal. And also I have problem in my chest. My chest feels heavy and I m not able to breathe easily.
Yesterday I have taken very heavy weight and due to this the pain generate on the chest and its like heavy chest? Please tell what to do?
Hello my question is. I feel tired on my wake-up everyday sometimes very worse deep breathing after 10 min walk and stretching it become ok not completely .I do workout on evening after that I fell tired till morning and muscle pain on my chest and back .how to get rid of this morning tiredness.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.