Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pramod Bhandary
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod BhandaryYour feedback matters!
I hav a back and chest acne problem whT should. I do I hav taken medicine suprimox n use lotion caloteral I have use dis bt the problem is whn I stop using again I get pimples wt to do?
I do get itching near my testicles & butt frequently since many days. I was using micogel-f & terbinaforce plus ointment. It will be cured for just 3 days & it reappears again. I do masturbate thrice a week. Please suggest me how to get rid of this itching problem.
I have severe itching on my balls for the last 5 years. None of the treatment could cure it so far .Can you suggest a solution.
Vitiligo is a skin disorder which results in the loss of skin pigments in different parts of the body due to the destruction of the colour producing cells called the melanocytes. Vitiligo can affect any part of the skin present in different parts of the body. Vitiligo is a disorder in which the immune system of the body gets overactive and destroys these colour producing cells on it's own, therefore resulting in white patches which are generally much fairer than the original skin colour of the human skin. In this article we are going to talk about some more facts and details about Vitiligo.
Facts about Vitiligo
Here are some important facts about vitiligo which should be kept in mind:
- Vitiligo can affect an individual of any skin colour, gender, age and ethnicity. There is no particular set of people, only who gets affected by it.
- Vitiligo cannot be cured completely even though a few treatments are there. Usually it is a lifelong disorder and once affected stays with the person forever.
- Thankfully, in spite of being a harmful disorder, vitiligo is not at all contagious. Vitiligo cannot be spread to others when they come in contact with a person suffering from vitiligo.
After reading these few points we hope you now know about vitiligo in a much better way.
Symptoms of Vitiligo
One of the common symptoms of Vitiligo is that the skin will have white patches in the affected areas. The white patches can occur on any part of the body ie hands, legs, lips, mouth and armsarmpit, groin, eyes, nostrils, navel and genitals.
In focal pattern this white patches will be seen only in some few areas and in segmental pattern this white patches will be seen in one side of the body and in bilateral pattern this white patches will be seen different parts of the body. Sometimes vitiligo may be associated with white hair (Leukotrichia)
Sometimes you may have difficulties in understanding whether a particular skin colour disorder is Vitiligo or not. Thus here are the symptoms to look out for:
- Vitiligo results in loss of skin colour in different parts of the body in patches.
- Early whitening or graying of hair present on your scalp, eyes or even the beard can indicate the onset of vitiligo.
- Vitiligo even affects the mucous membrane inside your mouth and nise and therefore you will understand when the inside of the mouth starts losing colour as well.
- Vitiligo usually spreads in different skin parts of the body. But it sometimes can also affect only one side of the body and is known as segmental vitiligo.
So here are the important symptoms that can be observed to understand whether a person has vitiligo or not. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have scars due to pimple on my face. And I do not know how to treat them. And they are even increasing, I seriously need help. Please tell.
I have acne which often comes when I step out of home in sunlight. When I don't go out it doesn't comes but as soon as I start traveling it displays on my chick. Which medicine should I prefer?
I am 29 yrs old male. I am facing hair fall problem for several years. I have consulted a few doctors but no one gave me any satisfactory results. My hair fall problem has rose recently not only from scalp but also from whole body.
I have white patches on my skin and sometimes I feel like scratching it, it looks awkward as it is on the centre of my arm. Pls help meee.
Lybrate | Dr. Annu Jayan speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY