Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pramila Kanchan AswaniYour feedback matters!
Dermabrasion is a procedure where a brush made up of wire or a rough edged diamond wheel is used on the skin to remove the upper layer from the skin. The rotation of the brush causes the upper layer of the skin to come off and may cause bleeding. The skin that comes off is replaced with new skin.
Why it is done?
- The procedure may be used to treat various surgical scars.
- Usually this procedure is used to get rid of acne scars.
- The procedure is used to treat various superficial growths that occur on the skin such as small cysts.
- It may also be used to treat wrinkles around the mouth.
The area where the procedure is carried out is marked and then cleaned properly. Local anesthesia is used to numb the skin followed by an application of ice pack for about half an hour. If the preceding procedures do not harden the skin enough, then a freezing spray may be used to firm up the skin. Gauze may be used to restrict the bleeding which results from the procedure. The area is then cleaned and ointment is applied.
The depth and size of the procedure determines, how much time the recovery process will take. For example, a small patch of skin will take little time to heal compared to a full face dermabrasion. It usually takes 6 to 7 days for the skin to regrow, which is pink in color. The color tends to fade away in 2 to 3 months. Usually patients do not suffer from pain, but if you do have some pain then you can take pain relievers. Corticosteroids may be used to treat swellings, if any.
You need to follow certain precautionary measures after the surgery:
- Regular cleaning of the skin to avoid various infections of the skin.
- Regular changing of the dressing and the ointment to speed up the healing process.
- Sun exposure needs to be avoided as the new skin is prone to damage. You may use sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun's rays.
I am 19 years old boy. I have fungal infection last 1 year. I am studying in veterinary college. I used betnovate, zole -f, terbinaft, ketoconazole, seratoconazole, zimig, michonizole oinments. And I take fluconazole, citrazin tablets ansd some. What is the solution for this infection.
Hi doctors I am 28 years old male, I am taking head bath daily, I am losing 50 to 80 hairs daily I am always clean, and maintaining good diet, slightly I have dandruff. Kindly give me some solutions to get rid from this.
I am a boy of 23 years old. Living in bangalore and I am serving in defence for 3 years. I am from assam .i have been suffering from hair loss since four month and leading towards baldness. My hair loss is not stopping. I have used all oild. Coconut oil, mahabhingraj oil, nuzen gold hair oil, patanjali almond oil and patanjali amla oil. Sir pls guide me what to do.
I am shuhab I have been smoking since last 2 years and now I am facing serious problems in breathing, lack of stamina and dark circles..
I am 29 yrs old man. I am suffering from septate hypae fungal infection from 8 months. fluconazole, terbinafine tablets have no effect on me anymore. Kindly suggest. My palm and abdomen area is badly infected. I have met 7-8 doctors all concluded it to be tinea crisis. In koh report its septate hypae fungal infection. I have tried itraconazole tablet and zole f cream also, it is not getting fully cured.
Am suffering with dandruff from past 5 years I have used many shampoos and also I consulted 2 doctors but still no results. Now it is too many wounds are there on my head feeling really bad need very urgent prescription.
I don't have beard and moustache. Every other boys in my age have it. How can I make it quickly and safely?
I am facing problem of lipoma. Lots of lumps are under skin in my whole body and I am worried about cancer. It has been started around 15-16 years back but at that time very small lumps was their. Now slowly my whole body is having lots of lumps and size is also grown.
Ringworm (Dermatophytosis) is a contagious disease, which affects the skin, nails and scalp. It is a fungal infection that can affect diverse areas of your body gravely. Tinea is a medical term for ringworm. It is not a life-threatening or fatal condition as such. It can very easily be treated with homeopathic treatments, all of which will have to prescribed by a doctor specifically. This skin condition is especially normal among teenagers. This condition is not that serious till the time it affects the scalp severely. There are distinctive sorts of ringworm influencing every body part.
Homeopathic cures the contagious disease and turns on the melanin creating cells in the skin. This further enhances the surface of the skin, trims down growth of new patches, and gradually returns to its typical condition without leaving any pigmentation or scars. As Homeopathy treats the scalp ringworms from the inside, when the protected treatment is finished successfully, it is impossible that the patches return again as compared to other kinds of treatments. Homeopathic cures are regular, delicate, safe and simple to take. The treatment might seem like it is not showing immediate effects but it will gradually eradicate the disease from its roots so that it never grows back.
Homeopathy is based on the standard of 'like curing like'. This means that the homeopath takes a touch of the plant material, deactivates it and simply uses it like an antibody or a vaccine. He or she infuses the patient's body with little amounts of it. Most effective and mainstream homeopathy solutions for treating scalp ringworm are:
- Sepia: Sepia is acquired from squid's ink as contact with the ink creates the same symptoms as those delivered by the ringworms. The expert will put forward a few questions including those about your eating routine, past ailments, how often the ringworm has happened, and your capacity to handle the heat, cold and so forth. He or she will then recommend Sepia in the right intensity depending on your answers to the above-mentioned questions. Sepia is a very effective homeopathic solution for treating ringworms in children especially the individuals who tend to sweat a lot, especially during the evening.
- Sulfur: Sulfur is an extremely powerful homeopathic cure used for treating ringworms in the scalp. It is a perfect medicine for when the scalp ringworm infections cause itching, hair loss, pus discharge, blisters and sores. Sulfur based homeopathy creams can also be used on the scalp to get rid of the ringworm.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This homeopathy solution for ringworm is usually obtained by refining poison ivy leaves overnight. They are distilled for hours. Poison ivy additionally delivers same symptoms as those of ringworm, so Rhus Tox is a perfect homeopathic medicine for treating scalp ringworm side effects like burning sensations, pain in the scalp, continuous itching and so on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.