Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prameela
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrameelaYour feedback matters!
I had a sex with my girl friend on 5th day of her period starting date she had regular periods for every 28 days is dere chance of pregnancy wat is safe period days to have sex please let me know doctor.
Pregnancy, especially the first one, is a very anxious phase in a couple's life. There is the knowledge of leaving your previous life and transition to a new one filled with excitement (and copious amount of poop). Every pregnancy is different. Some women are completely turned off by the thought of having sex while others suddenly have their interests spiked. Here are six things you need to know about sex during and after pregnancy
1. You won't hurt the baby: As creative as you get thinking of different positions, it is unlikely that sex will harm your unborn child. Although it is a good sign that your maternal instincts are kicking in, this is a simple open and shut case. While you and your partner get on the act, your baby will rest safely in the amniotic sack well protected with layers of cushion in the form of flesh and fluids. The mucous plug in your cervix that puts a cork on the amniotic fluid ensures things remain stable.
2. You won't bump the baby on the head: As much as your partner would like to believe that his penis is long enough bump into the baby during sex, this is not a possibility. No penis is that big or close to being big enough to get close to the baby. Even if your baby is head down resting in your pelvis, it is unlikely he or she will take a hit during sex.
3. Your baby won't watch your act: You have to have sex to make babies. That is one of the most natural and beautiful realities of our lives. It is true that your baby activity may spike a little when your uterus contracts after an orgasm, so that way the baby will know something exciting happened. But it is not possible for the baby to 'know' or 'remember' what happens on the outside.
4. Sex won't result into an STD transmission to your baby: For one, it is best to stick to your partner who you know is free from STD with or without the baby bump. You'll also feel better knowing that once the baby is inside, your cervix is shut and out of access for anything from semen to other organisms as the mucus plug acts as a super tight cork. But when it comes to STD, it is better you go the safe way for yourself and only proceed if you know your partner is clean for sure.
5. You'll have some extra fun with new manoeuvers: With a baby bump in between, the usual missionary position becomes uncomfortable for many women. Try new and fun ways to keep your partner happy
6. Sex will feel better or worse: Sex will make you feel better or worse depending on how comfortable you are. It is always great to get that loving feeling with your partner, but if you don't want to go all the way, you can start with a hug and end with a kiss too.
In case you have some questions or concerns you must discuss with your doctor.
My friend is coming on 3rd month of pregnancy. She is face some problems like stomach pain and some wired noise she finds from inside.
I have hairfall problem for last 2 years it become so thin and also I have the irregular periods for did I used medicine last 5 years now its cured am not taking any medicines. Now I want my hair growth and to increase the hair.
Pregnancy mai bache ko hydrocephalus tha. Ultrasound mai pta chala. Bacha 5 months ka tha to doc normal delivery se nikal di. Hydrocephalus kyu hua region. Aur kya next pregnant mai bhi ho sakta hai kya? Please advice
Isabgol health benefits
Here are some health benefits that this super food has to offer.
The hygroscopic nature of the soluble fiber in isabgol helps in absorbing moisture and swelling up to form soft stools. The insoluble fiber in isabgol helps by providing enough roughage to the wastes and takes it towards the intestine. Together they make the elimination of the waste easy and painless.
How to consume – in case of constipation, isabgol is mostly consumed with warm milk. Milk is high in residue and thus together with isabgol acts as a wonderful remedy to relieve constipation effectively.
If you have severe constipation, add 2 tsp isabgol in a bowl with 1/ tsp sugar, and add warm milk to it, it will thicken and become sticky, you need to intake this at bedtime. In cases where constipation is not very severe or where stools are passed regularly but are hard, mix 1 tsp isabgol in warm milk.
Helps in diarrhoea
Yes it is hard to believe that isabgol can help in both extreme conditions of digestive system. This effect is due to the soluble fiber in isabgol. The soluble fiber absorbs the water in intestine and swells up to bind the loose stools.
How to consume – add 2 tsp isabgol to 3 tsp curd, mix well and eat it twice a day after eating food. The probiotics in the curd helps in healing and recovering from stomach infections.
Helps in weight loss
Fighting hunger is a big challenge while on a weight loss diet. Isabgol helps in reaching satiety. It makes you feel full. And also helps in cleaning the gut. While on weight loss, the body seems to be producing a lot of waste products due to the fat burning process. The sudden increase in intake of raw foods may be a little heavy on digestion and may cause constipation and flatulence. It is important to clear this waste from the body to remain healthy and feel fit. Taking isabgol every day will help in weight loss.
How to consume – isabgol can be consumed with a glass of warm water and lemon early in the morning or just before your main meals. This will help you reaching satiety (the feeling of fullness) early, and naturally reduce your food intake.
If you suffer from indigestion on a regular basis and are experiencing on and off episodes of constipation and diarrhoea, isabgol is your magic wand. Isabgol helps in regularizing the bowel movement and increasing the peristalsis of waste (movement of food towards intestine).
How to consume – you can have 1 tsp of isabgol with a glass of buttermilk after your lunch. In severe cases you can have this after lunch and dinner too.
You may b interested in reading – how to get instant relief from gas and indigestion
Controls cholesterol levels in blood
The soluble fiber in isabgol helps in reducing cholesterol from blood. It forms a gel with the excess cholesterol and fat in the gut and eliminates it with the wastes in the body. Not only does isabgol eliminate the excess fat, but it also helps by reducing the absorption of fat by the intestinal walls.
How to consume – isabgol can be consumed either in the morning or at night based on other problems. You can have it in any of the above mentioned ways.
Read – how to reduce triglycerides
Helps in diabetes
The insoluble fibre in isabgol helps in diabetes by managing hunger pangs. The soluble fiber in isabgol makes a gel with food inside the stomach and hence delays the digestion and absorption of food. This helps in keeping the sugar levels in blood near normal and does help against sugar level hikes in the blood.
How to consume – to maintain the blood sugar level, you can have 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp isabgol mixed with warm milk in a bowl. (please avoid adding sugar).
Read – 1200 calorie indian diabetic diet plan
Helps in conditions like piles and fissures
Isabgol is very helpful in conditions like piles and fissures. It helps in easy elimination of wastes by forming soft stools. Those who suffer from painful eliminations do benefit from isabgol.
How to consume – isabgol can be consumed with a glass of warm milk or warm water at bedtime.
Helps in acidity
Isabgol is a known home remedy for hyper acidity. Isabgol forms a gel with the content of stomach and protects the stomach lining by controlling the secretion of stomach acids and digestive juices.
How to consume – one can consume isabgol during an acidity episode with a cup of luke warm milk. If the acidity occurs regularly, one can continue to take this mix after meals for up to a week. The acidity episodes will surely reduce.
Isabgol is a boon to those who suffer with stomach problems, it has so many health benefits that isabgol suits to be called as a magical fiber.