Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash PatilYour feedback matters!
Sir my sister has a breast cancer stage 4 on left side as of now doctors says that it has spread so operation cannot happen we need a consultation from you asap we will be very thankful if you help us.
Sir I am a cancer patient. I have Ewing sarcoma. I receive chemotherapy after 21 days. My question is whether I eat Red meat or not. Or it cause any health problem.
1-- one third spoon of baking soda
2--2 spoon of fresh lemon juice
3--300 ml water
Mix all of these and drink at a time.
Dear doctor, Please help and advice. I'm a Omani national I had a small tongue surgery for the removal of small tissue After surgery doctors send the tissue to laboratory and said that I have tongue cancer I have attached the report for your review kindly advice if this is something serious or there is nothing to worry Because doctors here are not really sure 'I m ready to travel to India if needed. Here the doctors are again saying that they need to do tongue surgery again. I'm desperately waiting for reply. Kindly also send me the details tongue cancer doctor whom I can reach.
What you have to cure cancer forever? Why there is not a Single method to cure cancer in its last stage? What about blood cancer? How to prevent cancer? And WHY we can't use small robo-cells to cure cancer, to help destroy cancer cells and strengthen healthy cells?
Hi, I am 31 years old male and suffering from urinary tract problem for past one month. Doctor says it is chronic prostatitis. But I would like to share my history here. Before 2 years, I received unprotected oral sex from a massage therapist. Even 4 months back I received the same unprotected oral sex. No symptoms were shown all these days and I started having urinary problem since end of June and it is continuing till date. I am worried a lot that it could be chlamydia or gonorrhoea. I expressed my anxiety to the doctor, but he strongly opposed my thought that it cannot be. I have been tested for HIV, HBsAg, VDRL and everything turned out NEGATIVE. Do I still susceptible to chlamydia or gonorrhoea? I feel fluctuating burning sensation or pain around my genitals. All of the sudden it had stopped in the middle but again started. Apart from this, there are no other symptoms observed. No discharge or no rashes. Please let me know the chances of getting chlamydia or gonorrhoea through oral sex. What test should I take? Why the doctor was so strongly opposing my thought? He said that 3 months is a longer period for the symptoms to show up and therefore he asked me not to worry about it. But I am terribly worried as urinary problem still persists.
Hi Being 78 years of age suffering from 9I0 Prostatic Problem and (ii) Rt Kidney calculi, one calculi is stuck in ureter thus highly infecting the kidney with Pain I am a Sr Gp "A" officer retired from Govt. Of India and hold a CGHS Card valid for whole life. Not suffering from any other prob like BP, Sugar etc. Seek urgent remedial process / action pl.
My brother is suffering from gall bladder cancer we found in biopsy after getting operation of gall bladder with tumor n stones n Dr. has suggested for chemotherapy We r from gaya Bihar n very confused what we do I heard about treatment in vellore Dr. told us he is stage 2 if we diagnosed chemotherapy what is the chance of healing n he can survive for whole life I can send biopsy n other medical records n please provide best suggestion n guide perfectly.
My mum has suddenly developed a gland in her left breast. Has been hurting since 5-6 days.in between got her checked by an MD, MbbS who advised to get USG sonography for tumour and now IFst to find out if its cancer. Sister says drops of water like coming out of her breast. Can someone please help me what this could be.
Im 32 years old n I have been suffering from gastritis since childhood with severe cramps. Im using homeopathic and my symptoms are less but since last november Im experiencing mild dysphagya. Im worried because my dad has been diagnosed with eosophgeal cancer. What should I do?
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer. It is a cancer which begins in the lining of the uterus. The uterus is the part of a woman's body where the fetus develops. Uterine cancer is one of those rare cancers in India, which can be diagnosed in its early stages. This is because excessive vaginal bleeding occurs, thus making it a very serious and an apparent symptom. It is also one of the few forms of cancer which can be cured as removing the uterus is often more than enough to cure the patient of uterine cancer.
Here are the causes, diagnosis and treatment of uterine cancer:
The exact cause of uterine cancer is not yet known, however, there is a theory on what causes uterine cancer. Hormones in a woman's body have been thought to increase the chances of getting uterine cancer. This is because it has long been thought that having high levels of estrogen is the cause of uterine cancer. Increased estrogen thickens the endometrium and thus, increases the likelihood of uterine cancer.
There are several tests used to diagnose whether you have uterine cancer including:
1. Pelvic exam: This is an examination in which the vagina, bladder, rectum and uterus are scanned for lumps. If they are found, it might be due to uterine cancer.
2. Pap test: A pap test is a special test designed to scan for uterine cancer.
3. Transvaginal ultrasound: A transvaginal ultrasound uses high-intensity sound waves so that pictures of the uterus can be taken.
4. Biopsy: During a biopsy, the doctor will remove tissue from the endometrium and it will then be analyzed for cancerous growths.
1. Surgery: This is the most common treatment as it removes the entire uterus and prevents the spreading of the cancer.
2. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves giving drugs which kill cancerous cells. They are given through either an intravenous line or even in pill form.
3. Hormone therapy: This is a therapy in which either progesterone levels are increased or estrogen levels are decreased.
4. Radiation therapy: In this treatment, high energy laser beams are used to destroy cancerous cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I fond mouth wound yesterday. I think this is mouth cancer. I have more pain. Please tell me how can I survive. Tell me some remedy.
Sir, My mother is suffering from In Situ Malignant Melanoma in left great toe. One excision has done. The biopsy report says --- In Situ Malignant Melanoma and still some melanocyte are present in the toe. Then I have consulted with a surgeon and he says again a deep excision and skin grafting is required and this the end of the treatment. Because,there is no chemotherapy or radiotherapy of In Situ Malignant Melanoma. Sir,will it be better to cut off the whole toe?
My 1st chemotherapy complete. More 3 low doses small chemotherapy in next 21 days. Can I take this two capsules, Cap.Gau piyush, Cap.detoxified.
Sir since two days I have pain in the breast wall muscles what could be the possible reason please prescribe some medicine or therapy.
Skin cancer has two forms, melanoma and basal cell carcinoma. While the latter could be easily treated and cured, the former is hard to get rid of. Like all other forms of cancer, skin cancer can be easily treated if detected in its early stages. Ayurvedic medicines are known to cure and manage cancer for ages. Also checkout Ayurvedic remedies for healthy Hair.
Here is a list of 9 Ayurvedic medicines that can help in fighting skin cancer.
- Aloe vera: It has numerous skin benefits. For starters, it is considered to be a natural sun skin protector. It protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. It stops the production of carcinogen and helps the body to heal faster from cancer.
- Flaxseeds: Apart from being rich in dietary fibre, this seed contains fatty acid micronutrients and lignans. The latter has the ability to stop the cancerous cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Astralagus: Astralagus has multiple health benefits. It not only helps to boost the immune system, but helps the body produce skin cancer agents.
- Turmeric: This is one of the oldest Ayurvedic herbs that combat a lot of diseases. Turmeric has a crucial component known as the curcumin. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that has the capability to stop the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bilberry: Due to the availability of free radicals, bilberry tea can counter skin cancer and helps minimise the damage caused by the cancer cells. They are a strong antioxidant and help the body to recover quickly.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn berries are strong antioxidants that not only stop the growth of cancer cells, but prevent them from affecting other organs of the body. This fruit should only be consumed if the patient is taking betablockers.
- Artemisia: Commonly known as sweet wormwood, artemisia has a compound known as the artemisinin. Studies have shown that artemisinin can stop the cancer from spreading. Being non-toxic in nature, they have no side effects at all.
- Scutellaria: More commonly known as the Chinese herb, this Ayurvedic herb stops the progression of skin cancer into further stages. They contain a compound known as the flavonoids, which are known to be an anticancer agent.
- Saffron: Saffron has the unique property of slowing down skin cancer growth. Saffron can be applied in the form of extracts in small quantities to get best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.