Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash Kher
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash KherYour feedback matters!
I have played cricket after long tym I have full back pain n body pains how to outcome such situation.
I suffered from Chikungunya 2 months back but since then I am still suffering from severe pain in ankles and feet along with swelling due to which I can hardly walk. Please advise whether I can take Eupatorium Perfoliatum Mother Tincture, what dosage and for how long. Thank you.
I am a 25 year old female and have pain below the shoulder and that mountain like bone at back that gets at extreme when I wake up in morning from last 6 months. Consulted with doctors but till the time I take medicines pain is very less but when dose gets over same problem arises again.
Vertebroplasty means shaping the backbone i.e. vertebra for backbone and plasty is related to shape. This is an outpatient procedure done to treat compression fractures of the spinal cord. The backbone is made up of multiple small bones which are stacked one on top of the other with a filling material in between that is known as vertebrae. The stack of bones are held in place by the soft, elastic vertebral material.
Vertebroplasty & similar procedure called kyphoplasty is a non-surgical procedure where collapsed vertebrae is brought back to shape by injecting medical bone cement under fluroscopy / image intensifier in OT, thereby relieving pressure on the spinal cord or spinal nerves with special canula directed to the core of vertebral body. Indicated in osteoporotic vertebrae, spinal fracture, metastatic tumour or primary tumour of spine. This technique has replaced major surgery done earlier to reshape & fix vertabrae.
Technique: Bone cement, in a semisolid state, is injected into the weakened or fractured bone space. Once this solidifies, it provides additional support to the spine, enabling normal movement. It also helps in reducing the pain significantly and improves the overall mobility.
In what takes about an hour, the following steps are done. Earlier, a few decades ago, this would be an open surgical procedure. However, with advance technology, now it is done using a small incision
- Local anesthesia is given in the area that needs to be operated
- A biopsy needle is inserted into the fractured space with the help of an X-ray
- The acrylic bone cement is injected into the bone space with a needle to fill up the space, once it solidifies, it stabilizes the vertebral space
- The needle is removed and the incision is covered with a bandage
- Usually the patient is sent home in an hour’s time unless the overall condition is really bad
- There could be some soreness at the site where injection is given, but one can notice a significant reduction in pain from the day of the procedure
- There is also improvement in mobility while doing daily chores
- The pain relief can last up to 3 years after the procedure
- Returning back to normal activities takes about 3 to 4 days after the procedure
When to use this procedure?
Vertebroplasty is usually done in case of non-radicular pain that is intractable. In most cases, they do not respond to traditional therapies including physiotherapy, pain medications and even surgery. The pain could be due to:
- Cancer metastasis
- Spinal hemangiomas
- Traumatic fractures
Benefits of using vertebroplasty for managing pain
- Minimally invasive
- Effective way to get relief
- Improves mobility
- Reduces need for long-term use of painkillers
- Stabilizes the spine and prevents further collapse
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother has high pressure. What is the basic/normal way to keep pressure in control? and I have a problem. Sometimes from my shoulder a pain begin. Is it symptom of spondalities?
Muscle pain is common to both men and women irrespective of their age. People usually resort to painkillers in order to receive temporary relief, but taking too much of these can affect your health adversely. Ayurveda provides effective ways to heal muscle pain.
The following few ways to treat muscle pain can be taken into notice:
1. Regular exercise- Regular exercise can help you treat muscle pain. Yoga can prove to be very helpful. You may try lotus pose, cobra pose, boat pose among many others to get relief from muscle pain.
2. Panchakarma- Panchakarma is a therapeutic treatment, which can help you heal your muscle pain. It includes five steps vamana, virechana, nasya, basti, raktamokshana, which will clean your body and mind from toxins and can also offer relief from pain.
3. Abhyanga-This process is suggested in ayurveda to offer relief from muscular pain. It involves applying oil all over your body followed by a warm bath.
5. Use of ice cubes- Applying ice cubes over the area of muscle pain can help you get some relief.
6. Foods to avoid- Avoiding food items like curd, sugar, refined cereal, rice, potato and sour food can help you to reduce muscle pain.
7. Ayurvedic Herbs- Ayurveda also offers many herbs, which can help you find relief from your muscle pain.