Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prajakta Pradhan (Tungare)
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Prajakta Pradhan (Tungare)Your feedback matters!
PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder that is very common among women, in their reproductive age. It is the condition in which cysts are formed in the ovary of the affected woman and/or the levels of the male hormone called androgen increases in her body.
- As a result of these, she faces a variety of symptoms like late or no periods, heavy menstrual bleeding, the growth of facial hair, unintended weight gain, acne and pain in the pelvic region. It is also associated with problems related to conception and pregnancy in more complex conditions.
- While the complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process since it demands thorough observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient over a period of time; and the course of treatment follows these observations.
- Although PCOS and its symptoms can be treated using conventional drugs, use of homeopathic medications is better to treat this condition for the following reasons.
Treatment addressing the root-cause
Using homeopathy for PCOS is a good idea because it offers permanent treatment for the condition. Homeopathy treats and cures the root cause of the condition rather than focussing on the external factors that cause the disease. Therefore, the treatment offered by homeopathy is more reliable. For example, the medicines prescribed for an interrupted period is different from the medicines prescribed for profuse bleeding.
No side effects
Homeopathic treatment is based on the belief that the human body was meant to remain disease free always. So it never tries to make use of drugs that can disturb the body's ability to function naturally. All that homeopathic medications do is to restore the vitality of the body so that it can find its way out of the disease all by itself. This kind of a treatment ensures that there are no side-effects whatsoever of homeopathic medicines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I am 24 year old and I have sex with my girl friend without protection. Can I check the pregnancy before 30 days. Its really urgent to check the pregnancy. Her age is around 30 year.
I am on sleep medication for 15 years. Now taking zolfresh 5 mg. Can I take it all my life as I can not sleep otherwise. Any other alternative that can work for me. I have tried relaxation, exercise, aroma, ayurvedic etc. Please help.
Hi I've a headache problem since15 days ,taken so many disprines but no solution ,any solution what I do ,to get rid of this
Diabetic neuropathy is a nerve disorder caused by diabetes. The high blood sugar from diabetes affects the nerves and over time increases a person's risk for nerve damage. Keeping blood sugar levels within the target range recommended by your doctor helps prevent diabetic neuropathy.
Types of Diabetic Neuropathy:
Diabetic neuropathy can be classified as Peripheral, Autonomic, Proximal, or Focal. Each affects different parts of the body in various ways...
Autonomic neuropathy affects the nerves that control involuntary body functions such as digestion, bowel and bladder function, sexual response, and perspiration. It can also affect the nerves that serve the heart and control blood pressure, as well as nerves in the lungs and eyes. Autonomic neuropathy can also cause hypoglycemia unawareness, a condition in which people no longer experience the warning symptoms of low blood glucose levels.
Proximal neuropathy causes pain in the thighs, hips, arms, or buttocks and leads to weakness in the legs and hands, resulting in difficulty in walking, standing, picking up objects, buttoning your clothes, etc.
Focal neuropathy results in the sudden weakness of one nerve or a group of nerves, causing muscle weakness or pain. Any nerve in the body can be affected.
How Diabetes Causes Damage to the Nervous System?
There are several factors that are likely to contribute to nerve damage through diabetes...
- High blood glucose, a condition associated with diabetes, causes chemical changes in nerves. These changes impair the nerves' ability to transmit signals.
- High glucose levels affect many metabolic pathways in the nerves, leading to an accumulation of a sugar called sorbitol and depletion of a substance called myoinositol. These changes are the mechanism that causes nerve damage. Nitric oxide dilates blood vessels. In a person with diabetes, low levels of nitric oxide may lead to constriction of blood vessels supplying the nerve, contributing to nerve damage.
- Presence of mechanical injury like carpal tunnel syndrome in a diabetic patient worsens its symptoms and prognosis
- inherited traits increase susceptibility to nerve disease
- lifestyle factors, such as smoking or alcohol use
- Numbness, burning sensations, tingling, or pain in the toes, feet, legs, hands, arms, and fingers
- Either hypersensitivity to touch or insensitivity, even to hot and cold temperatures
- Weakness in muscles and loss of reflexes
- indigestion, nausea, or vomiting
- diarrhea or constipation
- dizziness or faintness due to a drop in blood pressure after standing or sitting up
- problems with urination
- Changes in gait and balance
- Injuries that are taking longer to heal and are more prone to infections
Prevent Diabetic Nerve Damage:
Keeping your blood sugar levels in your target range, set with your doctor, may help prevent nerve damage from ever developing. The best way to do this is by checking your blood sugar and adjusting your treatment. It is also important to get to and stay at a healthy weight by exercising and eating healthy foods.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.