Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pragnya ParikhYour feedback matters!
I am having this problem for last two years. I am feeling persistent blockage in my throat. It's causing difficulty in speaking. I have been taking medication but no effect. Wat shd I do.
I have yellow color discharge from ear but no intense pain. This happened after using swimming pool. The discharge is small and not regular. Will it heal on its own or I should immediately see the doctor. I have been taking amoxicillin for two days.
My left ear sounding since last 6 months I checked with the local doctor he tested me and said no loss of ear but he can't find the problem so can you help On this.
I am having throat pain and coughing and swollen tonsils. I started taking Gudcef Cv 200. After I take this medicine I feel very uneasy and heaviness in stomach, acidity and vomit type feeling. I took vizylac capsule too prior taking this antibiotic. Please suggest something for stopping this uneasy type feeling. It's my 2nd day of medicine. Should I stop this antibiotics. Please help.
There is a tradition in a lot of families to clean ears regularly with ear buds or q tips and those who don't do it are many times considered unhygienic. But it may risk hearing ability. Inside ear is a very delicate structure and is likely to be damaged easily even with trivial trauma.
First, we must understand that wax has a useful role to play in the ear, it lubricates protects and renders antiseptic property. Ears without wax feel dry and itchy. Wax is self-cleaned from our ear canal propagated by movements of the jaw. So most of the times there is never any need to clean wax from inside the ears. The only external surface of the ear should be cleaned with a cloth.
Many times attempts to clean ears with ear buds results in injury to the delicate skin of ear canal and even worse it may injure the eardrum or if there is a wax chunk it may push deep into the eardrums.
Earwax needs to cleaned only when it obstructs the sound pathway to ear drum. When there is a feeling of fullness or blockage or plugged, there is a partial hearing loss there is ringing in the ears or tinnitus or noise in the ear or there is itching or odour in the ear.
Many times home remedies are useful to remove ear wax like instilling drops of mineral oil glycerine or commercially available drops. If not successful then it should be removed by ent surgeon. Ent surgeon may wash earwax out with warm water or saline. Sometimes ent surgeon may remove wax by suction or microinstruments under a microscope. There is no proven remedy for frequent wax impaction but it is very important to avoid inserting any object inside the ear to clean wax. Those who get frequent wax impaction or using hearing aids may need to see ent surgeon every 6 to 12 months to clean wax regularly.
Hi I am 25 years male. I have sinus problem, dust allergy, and head getting weight. What to do's and dont's, kindly give suggestion.
Hi I have epilepsy and I've been seizure free for over 6 months. The problem is that I am having auras. I had 13 auras in October and 8 auras in December I'm taking my meds like I'm supposed to. I just want to get my epilepsy under control and keep it that way. What can I do about this problem. And by the way, my aura/warning is a strange smell or dizziness.
Enter questions for me I am 20 year old boy having running nose at least 2 times a month. Give me some step to stop this.
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but is extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in un-blocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
I am 28 years old female, I am having weakness from couple of days done blood reports Everything every report is normal still feel tiredness laziness and feeling dizzy not able to do anything I'm not able to remember things now and my weight is increased day by day.
I am 18 year old and I have tonsils swollen in my neck every month or two, than have to take antibiotics, what should be remedy?
• Nasal allergies
• Blowing your nose too hard or trying to remove something from inside the nose
• A result of “popping” the ear
• Nasal exposure to chemicals
• Frequent sneezing or having an upper respiratory infection
• Use of nasal spray or a blood-thinning drug, such as aspirin
• Inhaling air that is extremely dry or cold
• Having recent surgery on the nose or elsewhere on the face
• Breaking the nose or a similar injury
• Uncontrolled blood pressure
Bleeding can be controlled by direct pressure i.e. compression of the nostrils grasping the alae distally so all mucosal surfaces are opposed. Direct pressure should be applied continuously for at least 5 minutes, and for up to 20 minutes. The patient should be encouraged not to check for active bleeding. Patients who are properly instructed may control their bleeding while the evaluation gets underway.
Other maneuvers include bending forward at the waist while sitting up (to avoid swallowing blood), placing a plug of cotton wool or gauze into the bleeding nostril (sometimes coated with antibiotic ointment), expectorating out blood that accumulates in the pharynx and a cold compress applied to the bridge of the nose.
These maneuvers also should be taught to high-risk patients for use at home. Initial treatment with two puffs of oxymetazoline may hasten hemostasis