Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Pragati AgrawalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from asthma symptoms from my childhood after an accident involving falling into an storage tank and inhaling the bad water. The 3 months of summer is only the time I will be fine, but once the rainy and winter season starts the symptoms of breath shortness, accumulation of sputum in the lungs and sinus starts. I used to take ampoxin 500 and betnesol to get relief. I have decided to diagnose this problem and had consulted a general chest specialist 4 months back and used his medication till March 2016. My blood test had revealed elevated IGE levels of >2500. Is there any permanent cure or should I use any medication.
I have breathing problem from 7 years. I get many medicine from different doctors. I get advice from my home doctor as well as some my friends doctor but I don, t solve this problem. So please give me some advice for these problem.
I am a 28 year old female I have cough ,sneezing, fever upto 100 f . I am a mother of 4 month old baby .i have mild body pain, sputum is light in colour.
I hv throat itching since last two months, this cause dry coughing and sometimes cause blockage so that I can't breath properly.
I am 40 years of male and suffering from sinus and cold cough in head and my mind is blocked and I feel that I will get mad if I will not get proper treatment.
I am salman 22 years old, my problem is I am a asthma patient from childhood but now a days asthma is happening mostly in night regularly. I am using inhaler seroflo (cipla, it recurs suddenly but by using it its very sleepy and tired. Please advise me with proper life styles, food,and also with medicine.
My chest is full of cough (balgum), every time I spit balgum comes, the balgum is of white colour. Due to this many times I am unable to breathe properly. So tell me what should I do.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 3 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
I had a severe case of lung TB. Now, my XRAY report shows Fibrotic Koch Lesions in the upper/mid zones. What does it mean? How it can be treated? I completed my TB course for 6 months. I am a 26 yrs. Old female.
I am 30 male. I am suffering with dust allergy from 1 year. Cold, cough with heavy sneezing. I have used many allopathy medicine, but no result. Is there any homeopathy medicine for this. If so please suggest me any homeopathy Medicine and specify how to use it.
Hello sir, I'm having cold and cough from past 2 days. Tell me some medicines so that I will get cured within 2 days?
I am coughing over 7 days. I am also eating medicine for that but I am not getting any relief. How I get relief?
Hi doctor, I am 45 year male, takings pills for high blood preassure, my height is 171cms and weight is 85 kg. I want to get relief from snoring and uneasy breathing at night. I am not able to sleep well. Please help thanks and best regards
Hi Dr. my baby 7 months old. Suffering with cough from todays. We r using ambrodil-s syrup with 1 ml dosage. Is it ok?
I am 27 years old female. 6 months before I used one hair oil made by aluvera and some natural thinks. It makes dry cough and austhmatic problem. I consult the doctor n take medicines and reduces the cough but never cured completely. I am unable to eat cooling foods. The breath time is too short. What should I do?
If I have suffering for cough syrups then which one medicine is batter in this conditions and I want good treatment.
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition.