Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradnya S. Gaitonde
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Pradnya S. GaitondeYour feedback matters!
I'm fair and my skin gets tan in summer so Whether sunscreen lotion of SPF25 is okay for the body. Thanks in advance.
I work in a mnc company so basically we have to sit and work continously sometimes. Is there any effect to our health if we sit and work prolong. I have developed belly by this work. I don't do some exercises because of heptic schedule. Is there any way to decrease my belly and gastric problems.
I am suffering from pcos. Currently under homeopathic treatment. I have acne and scars on my face. I am about to get married. Can I opt for chemical peels and laser for clearing out my skin without being on allopathic medication? And if so, will these treatment help me get rid of scars and acne?
I am 25 years old female and have hair issues. I have been using many natural remedies for these problems but to no use. My hair is very thin and have bald spots on the temple. Need your advice that what should I do for my hair to grow thick and strong.
I am known patient of cancer on right lateral boarder of tongue. Operation of right hemiglossectomy & right sond was done on 15th Nov, 2014. Five chemotherapy and 30 radiotherapy completed on 31st Jan, 2015. PET CT SCAN done on 16.7. 2015 by SPANDAN diagnostic center reports" A nodular enhanced lesion (1.63 cm x 1.12 cm) is seen in left lateral boarder of tongue, showing increased FDG uptake. An ill defined irregular mass with increased FDG uptake is also seen at left side of base of tongue. The mass and nodule appeared as continuous. PET CT SCAN done by AIIMS on 19.8. 2015 reports" Ill defined soft tissue thickening with increased FDG uptake noted involving left lateral boarder of tongue which extends till floor of the mouth. PET CT done by AIIMS again on 5.12. 2015. It also reports same as earlier. But I do not have any complain today. I am afraid of the impression derived by the AIIMS" Metabolically active residual / recurrent disease involving tongue and floor of mouth" What should I do?
During a practise jump one day my ankle of left leg was twist but it is not paining at that time but slowly slowly after a few days it is paining so much when I walk or jogging. I do x ray also but nothing was found. I do warm water massage or ice massage also. Now 1 month is completed and pain is still. Give me some solution.
I want to eat fiber food but idk what adjactly fiber food is so can you give the the list of fiber food I need to know about this.
Hi my name Yash I have problems of pimples on my face I have tried many doctors but I have never benefit I need any guidance.
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..