Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PradnaYour feedback matters!
1-healthy eating having diabetes means learning how to count carbohydrates and how the foods you eat affect your blood sugar. A healthy meal plan also includes complex carbohydrates, protein, fiber (beans, whole grains, fruits and vegetables), lots of green, leafy vegetables, and limited amounts of heart-healthy fats.
2-being active physical activity can help you keep blood sugar levels normal and manage your diabetes. Being active can also improve your mood and reduce your feelings of stress and anxiety.
3-monitoring checking your blood sugar levels regularly gives you information about your diabetes management. Monitoring helps you know when your blood sugar levels are within your target range and helps you to make choices in what you eat and what you do.
4-taking medication obviously, it's important that you take your insulin, but it's vitally important that you understand how much to take in certain situations. This comes from careful monitoring of your blood sugar levels and getting to know the cause and effect between your insulin therapy and your blood sugar levels.
5-problem solving everyone encounters problems with their diabetes control. If/when you have a problem, you need to know how to troubleshoot your self-care. This can include analyzing and evaluating your situation and thinking about what was different from usual that could have affected your blood sugar. It also means coming up with solutions to try, as well as looking at what worked and what didn't. Don't get bitter, get better.
6-reducing risks you can take steps now to lower your risks of developing health problems in the future. Recommendations to reduce your risks and avoid other health problems include: not smoking, seeing you doctor regularly (to check a1c), visiting your eye doctor at least once a year, brushing and flossing daily and seeing your dentist, taking care of your feet, and listening to your body.
7-healthy coping living with diabetes and its daily demands for self-care can be stressful and may negatively impact your self-management. Not only can stress increase your blood sugar levels, but it can contribute to you making poor choices. The good news is there are many healthy ways to cope with stress.
I think this last point is vitally important, and I want to share three options for managing the stress of living with diabetes:
8-be kind to yourself. Do the best that you can do. It's important to feel good about your successes. Give yourself credit when you are successful at managing your blood sugar and don't be overly critical of yourself if you fall short of a goal.
9-seek support from a network of family and friends who you can talk to when you are upset. Seek opportunities to meet other people with diabetes, such as attending support groups or participating in online forums (such as podcasts or tweet chats), so that you won't feel isolated and alone. Talk to a psychologist or other mental health provider who provides diabetes-focused therapy if you feel depressed or overwhelmed.
10.-choose to have a positive attitude, and cultivate it every day, but also accept when you feel down about diabetes. To have occasional negative thoughts is normal; research has shown that acknowledging those thoughts may help people with diabetes keep their blood sugar levels stable. Acknowledge, but don't dwell; living with a negative mindset will limit your ability to cope. The way you think about events can influence your mood, thoughts and actions.
I took I pill on 25 Oct. .after one week of that I had weakness n a slight whitish discharge. .is that something to worry like related to pregnancy? Will my dates be on time? Pls reply .seeking advice.
Hello doctor, I am married & have a 1.5 years old kid. My LMP was 25th April and have not got my periods till now. I am expecting an unplanned pregnancy. Can you pls suggest me any tablet to avoid this pregnancy as I am not prepared for same.
My wife had 4th day transfer of 5 excellent embryo on 30th of Dec. When she will experience pregnancy symptoms if it will go positive.
Hello Urgent help My 13 days old baby is on breast feed n my left breast nipple is becoming hard n it's paining during feed n baby is unable to feed please suggest some help.
Hello, I am 22 years old n married. V r having a healthy sex lif. V r having unprotected sex 4m lst 4 months bt I am still nt conceiving. My menstrual cycle is regular. I want to knw is Der any prob in me? And few tips to gt pregnant soon.
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!
Due to hair removing I got pimples over my vagina which is very painful all r popped out I wash it with boric powder and applied the ointment surfaz-sn which is very effective. But there is pain still in the area where the pimple was there. Its nearly one week.
I am seeking from high fever and headache and I pregnant since 9 month so I can take a medicine.Please tell.
It refers to the touching of your own body in order to get pleasure and satisfaction. This activity is a very important part of physical as well as mental wellbeing.
Men and women all over the world engage in masturbation, irrespective of whether or not they are sexually active with their partners. There are many myths and debates associated with the act of masturbation, especially for those who are in committal (or non-committal) relationships with a regular sexual partner.
One of these myths is that masturbating when you're in a relationship is abnormal and is indicative of the fact that your partner has lost interest in you and is not sexually attracted to you.
However, masturbating in a relationship is perfectly normal for the following reasons:
- It is how many learn about their bodies and sexual responsiveness, which enables them to perform better during intercourse
- It acts as a sexual outlet for those whose partners do not wish to have sex or are unavailable for a temporary time period
- It is a safe alternative when the risk of sexually transmitted infections and diseases is present
Apart from that masturbation can also help enhancing the sexual relationship as studies show that those who had experienced orgasm through masturbation before they started having sex are likelier to experience better orgasms when they have sex than those who don't masturbate.
However, masturbation comes with its own set of problems. If done excessively, these problems will begin to manifest themselves in the bedroom in the form of sexual dysfunction.
The subsequent reasons entail why it is not good to masturbate too frequently:
- Too much masturbation leads to loss of libido: Some people tend to constant masturbate to pornography despite having regular sexual partners. They often find themselves underperforming during intercourse as unwarranted masturbation lowers sexual drive.
- Masturbation does not have the health benefits of sexual intercourse: Having regular sex with a partner positively impacts many aspects of one's health, such as blood pressure, cardiac vigour, hormone secretions, etc. However, masturbation does not carry many of those benefits, as studies have shown.
- Masturbation has its own risks: It may be considered the safest form of sex possible but it isn't entirely risk-free. Frequent masturbation can cause skin irritations and men who masturbate with roughness face the risk of penile fracture.
The amount of masturbation that one should indulge in is extremely subjective. Those who masturbate regularly and still have a healthy sexual relationship with their partners are in a wholesome place. But if masturbation causes you to develop an aversion to having sex with your partner, consult a sex therapist right away. Compulsive masturbation is a behavior that disrupts one's life both physically and mentally.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
1. High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
2. Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
3. Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.
IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
कॉफी :- खाली पेट कॉफी का सेवन करना नुकसानदायक हो सकता है. कॉफी में मौजूद कैफीन पेट के लिए सही नहीं होता है. अगर आपको सुबह के समय कॉफी पीने की आदत है तो आप पहले एक गिलास पानी पी लें. उसके बाद ही कॉफी का कप लें.
बहुत अधिक मसालेदार खाना :- हमारे शरीर में प्राकृतिक रूप से कुछ एसिड मौजूद होते हैं. बहुत अधिक मसालेदार खाना खाने से इस एसिड और मसालों के बीच जो रासायनिक क्रिया होती है, उसका आंतों पर बुरा असर पड़ता है.
अल्कोहल :- कई लोगों को खाली पेट अल्कोहल लेना पसंद होता है. ऐसे में नशा जल्दी होता है, लेकिन खाली पेट अल्कोहल लेने से आंतें बुरी तरह प्रभावित होती हैं.
दवाइयां :- खाली पेट दवा लेने से वह पेट की सबसे अंदरुनी सतह को प्रभावित करती है और पेट में मौजूद एसिड्स के साथ क्रिया करके शरीर के संतुलन को डिस्टर्ब कर देती है