Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of UTI
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Urine Stone
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Treatment of Urinary Tract Problems
Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Treatment of Blood in Semen
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of Impotence
Treatment of Bladder Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep ShenoyYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic patient and my creatinine level is 1.4 but sugar and hba1c is under control, how to lower my creatinine level?
Following has been identified in my urine sample: Push cells: 8-10 RBC: 6-8 Bacteria. :2+ Nitrate. :Present Blood. :2.
My age is 57. I find a change in my urination on a daily basis. Looks like the pressure has decreased and also feel like urinating at short intervals but the quanity is small. Do I have any problem or is it age related ? Can this be corrected ? Please advise. Many thanks.
Hello, I am 39 years old having a kidney stone problem since years but when sonography was done I found out 6mm and 7mm stone in my kidney one is in left and other right in each kidney I am already taking 2 Cystone table after lunch and dinner. kindly suggest if there is any other solution or med to it?
Every time I have sex with my boyfriend I suffer from urinary tract infection the next day. It keeps me awake all night really. Its not that painful but the frequency and the urge with which I want to pee is really too much. I clean myself and urinate every time we have an intercourse but I am guessing maybe this time it happened because we had unprotected sex. Can that be the reason? Also can alcohol trigger uti? Please help me. Is it going to stay like this only always. P.s - we have sex generally after a gap of 6- 7 months. He is an army guy.
Dear madam, I am suffering from stomach ache since so many years, earlier it was occasional once in 3 to 4 months, then recently it became continuous, till I had a pain killer. In 2014 in scanning they mentioned the issue is" prostate size is increased. Last year in another scan they said that" Mild fatty infiltration of liver, small para umbilical hernia 2.8cm contains part of bowel loop" Last month I had one more scan which says that" Grade 1 fatty liver, umbilical hernia detect size 24mm with herniation of omentum" As per the above reports, the size of the hernia decreased, but pain increased a lot. Is surgery is only solution to it? What problems I have to face due to fatty liver, how to overcome? Please advice!
My kidney had damaged slightly due to the over dosage of medicine which was prescribed by the doctor whom I consulted. What are all the foods that I should not eat?
I have 4mm kidney stones in both kidneys and doctor advice me potassium citrate and magnesium citrate oral solution (k mac tonic. Is it helpful to dissolve stones?
The prostate gland is a very important gland in the male reproductive system. It is responsible for producing around 30% of the fluid which comprises semen. While the statement that homeopathy cannot treat problems in the prostate such as prostate cancer is true, it is untrue that prostate gland enlargement cannot be treated by homeopathy.
Here are the most common homeopathic remedies for prostate gland enlargement and what are the medicines best suited for it:
- Baryta carb: Baryta carb is one of the best homeopathic remedies for prostate gland enlargement in the elderly. Common conditions which may indicate that Baryta carb is the best remedy for your prostate gland enlargement patient include degenerative diseases such as losing memory, cardiovascular problems and other problems besides losing memory in the cerebral system.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is mostly used when the patient suffering from prostate gland enlargement also suffers from heart problems. Digitalis does make the pulse weak, slow or even intermittent, however it is worth note that oedema may also occur.
- Staphysagria: Staphysagria is one of the best homeopathic medicines for various pains which occur in the urinary system in addition to prostate gland enlargement. Common pains which staphysagria cures include pain while urinating, burning sensation in the urethra, feeling like the bladder is not completely emptied as well as pain in the urethra when one is not urinating.
- Conium: Frequent urination is yet another symptom of prostate gland enlargement. This problem is caused by an injury to the area where the prostate glands are located. This injury hardens the glands. The passage of urine will be extremely difficult with urine starting to pass and then stopping again. There is also dribbling of urine after completion of urinating.
- Sabal Serrulata: Sabal Serrulata is one of the most popular homeopathic medicines for prostate gland enlargement with many patients having consumed it reported great results. It works for most causes of prostate gland enlargement as well.
Even though homeopathy is supposed to have no side effect, it is still imperative that you consult your doctor about which ones to take.
Sir, I have a digestion problem from so many years. I go to toilet only one time in 24 hours, I spend so many times in toilet after that toilet is not fresh. I do not know whih I eat where is going. My health is also down. For this problem I consult so many doctor. But my digestion problem can not solve. So I request you please suggest me what will I do for this.
I am having so much heat in my body. Because of that heat I am loosing hair. Getting pimples. Yellow urine. So please tell how to solve this problem.
I have a severe condition of fissures. And what you call in layman terms as modes on the outside of the anal opening. Doctors recommending surgery. I am working and mother of two. In case of surgery which are the best options in Mumbai and the best places o get it done. Also, what is the recovery time of these surgeries and approximate cost of the procedure.
I lived in hostel for 5 years and in those days I had a very bad food habit like junk food sometimes and skipping breakfast. Now I have frequent urination problem since 1 month where I have the feeling like urinating all the time. At first urination was very frequent (15-30 mins) but very less in quantity. Because of that I did my blood taste twice as I was scared of it as diabetes and results came normal. But since 3-4 days the break is every (1--1.30 hr) but quantity is more than before. And I wake up more hungrier than before in the morning. I'm not thirsty all the time though. At night I didn't go to bathroom in the beginning. Now I'm going twice once at 4 am and another at 6 am. Another thing I've noticed is that when I lie down or sit the urge to urinate is more but when I stand or walk the urge decreases. So I'm again tensed about the symptoms. Can the previous blood tests be faulty? Or can I develop diabetes in the gap? What should I do as I'm unable to concentrate on anything and it's very frustrating? I also have a habit of checking about symptoms whenever I feel sick. Am I being paranoid? Can my mind play tricks like this after reading about the symptoms? Please help.
Alport Syndrome, first detected by Dr. A. Cecil Alport and named after him is a rare inherited disease. It affects the kidney and also the inner cochlea or ear and the eyes. Passed down through families, it is caused by genetic mutations that affect the type IV collagen family of proteins. Collagen is an important tissue that forms the basement structure of the kidney, inner ear and eye.
Types of Alport syndrome
X-Linked Alport Syndrome: A most common form of Alport Syndrome, boys who are affected with this type tend to develop serious complications and kidney failure.
Autosomal recessive Alport syndrome (ARAS): When both the parents carry the abnormal gene and pass it down to their offspring, this type of syndrome is caused. If affects the male and female with equal severity.
Autosomal dominant Alport syndrome (ADAS): This happens when the child inherits the abnormal gene from one of the parents. Only one copy is needed to cause a mutation.
Signs and symptoms of Alport syndrome
With all types of Alport Syndrome, the tiny blood vessels of the kidney called glomeruli are damaged and the kidney will be unable to filter the toxins from the body. The most common symptoms include:
- Hematuria – Blood in the urine
- Proteinuria – Protein in the urine
- High blood pressure
- Edema – Swelling in the legs, ankle, feet and around the eyes
- Hearing and vision problems
- Flank pain
The following tests and examinations can be performed to assess the condition and type of Alport Syndrome:
1. Urine test – It helps in finding the presence of blood or protein in your urine
2. Glomerular Filtration Rate – The blood work assesses the levels of waste and protein in your blood
3. Kidney Biopsy – A tiny piece of kidney is removed with special needle and analyzed
4. Hearing Test – It checks, if hearing is affected
5. Vision Test – This is conducted to check any abnormalities in vision
6. Genetic Test – It determines the type of Alport syndrome and confirm the diagnosis
There is no specific treatment for Alport Syndrome. However, treatment aims to relieve the symptoms and slow the progression of kidney disease.
- Medications to control high blood pressure
- Diuretics or water pills
- Limiting salt or sodium intake in your diet
- Kidney transplantation if patient is progressing towards kidney failure
- Medications to slow down the onset of kidney damage
Awareness of family history of this disorder will help in detecting Alport Syndrome at an early stage and also help you take the right steps to prevent any further complications. Seek medical attention and contact a nephrologist immediately if you have a family history of this disease.