Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep ShenoyYour feedback matters!
As my son is 3month old and he always asked for mother milk every 30hrs and his mother don't having sufficient milk to feed him so can we give him cerelac now and he had also having cold in regular interval so how to rid this issue.
1. Infant oral health exam, which includes risk assessment for caries in mother and child.
2. Preventive dental care including cleaning and flouride application as well as nutrition and diet recommendations.
3. Habit counselling like pacifier use and thumb sucking.
4. Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite.
5. Repair of tooth cavities or defects.
6. Management of gum diseases.
7. Care of dental injuries for examle-fractured, displaced or knocked out teeth.
Excessive hair fall, thinning of hair and bald spots are not only concerns of adults, children too suffer from hair woes. Look for signs and identify causes that are leading to your child's hair loss. With proper treatment hair loss can be reversed and your child's hair can be restored.
Look for these signs to determine whether your child is suffering from hair loss.
- Bald patches on the head.
- Loss of hair from the entire body
- Excessive hair loss but not complete fallout
- Spots of broken hair and scattered hair loss
- Alopecia areata - This condition results in oval patches of hair fallout from certain portions of the head. It is a noncontiguous condition that appears when the body's immunization attacks the hair follicles. About 25% of affected kids also suffer from ridging nails.
- Tinea capitis - Also known as ringworms of the scalp, this is a type of fungal infections that are often seen in children. It causes oval shaped scaly spots on the head due to breakage of hair and the remaining roots seem like black spots.
- Telogen effluvium - If your child has undergone some kind of trauma, be it physical or psychological, it can cause the hair follicles to enter into the resting phase and within 6 to 16 weeks excessive hair loss occurs leaving your child partially bald.
- Trichotillomania - Stress or anxiety can cause your child to pull out his/her own hair. This results in scattered hair loss and broken hair which is prominent on the sides of the head.
- Lack of nutrients - Nutritional deficiency can cause hair loss if your child lacks vitamin A, B complex and biotin it can trigger hair fall.
Hair fall in children is common and treatable if they are of medical causes. Sometimes rubbing and playing with hair can also cause hair loss so parents are advised to look into all the probable causes that might lead to shedding.
Related Tip: What is the Most Effective Hair Regrowth Treatment??
Whooping Cough (another name for Pertussis) can be termed as an infection to the respiratory system caused by the bacterium Bordetella Pertussis (B. pertussis). It generally affects infants (below one year of age) and who have not yet been immunized; also kids between 11 to 18 years of age whose immunity graphs are on a downward spiral.
What are the Signs and Symptoms?
Initially, whooping cough produces signs and symptoms that may just seem to overlap with those exhibited during the average cough and cold; mild coughing, sneezing, runny nose, low fever, etc. These persist for about a week or two and then slowly, there is the onset of the dry, irritating cough which again turns to prolonged coughing spells. The child’s face may seem flushed with a purple hue. The child may also vomit or make the distinctive whooping sound at the end of one such spell. Breathing difficulty can be another issue.
What is the Diagnosis?
The doctor performs an initial check-up followed by tests of mucus sample from the nose or throat. The mucus is checked for the presence of the Bordetella pertussis bacteria. To make a more thorough diagnosis, a blood test is also advisable.
What is the Treatment?
Hospitalisation might be required in case of acute distress. Respiratory support may also be provided if required. If there is intense dehydration, intravenous (IV) fluids may also be administered. As this disease is on account of a bacterial infection, antibiotics will be needed. But these will just treat the immediate effects and the cough cannot be completely done away with.
What can be the Possible Complications?
The possible immediate complications include:
- Brain Damage
- Haemorrhaging in the brain
What can be the Prevention?
Vaccination is needed in order to prevent whooping cough. The vaccines are advised to be administered at the age of two months, four months and six months respectively. The 1st booster dose is to be given at 16 to 18 months age and 2nd booster dose is given on 5 year completion of age. An optional booster may be given at 10 year age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
My baby is 17 months old and had viral from past 10 days now its 3 days she feeling better nd no fever bt she is very uncomfortable nw pre viral she waz very active bt now she has no energy to do such activities. I am giving 1 boiled egg daily bt she is taking only white part of it nd curd I am giving. Rest she is on breastfeeding. She doesn't take anything. Plain water she is taking. She refuses to take juices or electral or any flavour drink. Please advise what to do fr bringing her energy back and also advice some good food options.
Hi, . I have a kid aged 8 months. She is not accepting any food other than her mother feed. Could any one suggest me how can I solve this ?
I have 4 month baby. My home elders always playing with my baby face to face. Some times some sores are seen her chin. Is it the reason? I am hesitate to tell to don't do it to them. It will infected to my baby.
My 3.3 Years Son remains constipated. He does not passes stool daily. Though we offer him dalia, papaya and fruits, less milk with high sugar. On daily basis but he resist to pass stool or even sit on his potty seat. He sits there plays and get down. Because of which he is low on appetite and remains full most of the time without eating. Please advise how to deal with this? We started giving him loose syrup also 5ml twice daily still it is difficult to make him sit and concentrate to discharge stool. Dnt want to put him on too much medicine for this. Can anyone help on this please or this is a normal stage for toddlers?
Sir, two months old boy has breathing problems and he cannot take breast milk. Where to we take him?
Hi, My one year baby boy is suffering from fever since last 12 days. He has diagnosed with urine infection. Doctor has started 14 days Amikacin injection daily one dose. 5 doses completed now and no fever from yesterday. please let me know if we can stop Amikacin dose or need to continue.
Hello! Pl advise how to slow down puberty of my 10 year old daughter. She is too short and small to understand.
I cannot concentrate on my work or studies. When I am studying my mind gets shifted easily or I will be distracted by myself with some thoughts (good or bad. I had better results in my subjects but now that my concentration powers are reducing causing to have poor marks I had a past history with ADHD and I consulted a psychiatrist. I completed the course of medicines, but now I think I am falling to former condition. So is there anyway I can remedy myself without medicines.
I'm a mother of a daughter who completed 4 years this month. But I'm facing a big problem and that is she is not eating any thing except milk. She generally does not feel hungry for whole day. But she is very much active also .she keeps on playing without any food or juice. She is just taking approximately 400 ml of milk in one day and whole night. She is not taking single drop of juice also. She doesn't like any kind of eatable Items which other children of her age eat like chocolate, ice creams,cakes, any kind of junk food also she do not like. have done her blood test her hemoglobin level is 6. Which is very low. Im giving her Hemsi Pd drops and "Bevon syrup. For her growth. Her weight is just 9 kg and height also short. Can you suggest any syrup for growth and height and for making her hungry for food.
Hello, My child suffering from marasmus which of the clinical manifestation is commonly observed? What should we do to cure?
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.