Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep R Raisinghani
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep R RaisinghaniYour feedback matters!
My son, 18 yrs, is suffering from gastritis / dyspepsia. He also has gilbert's syndrome due to which his bilirubin total is between 2.9 to 3.00. He was on diet for the last 4 months, but then doctor advised him to start normal food but with very less oil, chili & spices. He has drastically lost weight, from 62 kg to 52 in 5 months. He is still not 100% fit. Whenever he bends down, like for prayer, he feels as if the food / water will flow back. He eats very less. His bp is usually little bit below normal, whenever we checked. We have stopped allopathic treatment after 3 months and since then he is taking homeopathic treatment but we see no improvement in his health. Kindly advise.
I want to know how to end brain fog or brain inflammation. My blood sugar is normal. Hypertension may be. Please tell me some effective home remedies to end brain fog or brain inflammation.
Hi. My great grandmother (85) has been coughing for more than a week. She's not coughing up blood but she coughs until she's red in the face. A wet cough. She is so week she can't hold a proper conversation nor get to the bathroom alone. She has this discomfort feeling around her stomach. Her stomach is abnormally big. I would just like to know what's wrong with her and whether I must take her to the nearest doctor or not. A few months ago we found out that she was accumulating water in her blood and lungs but she is on furrusomide (water tablets). She had hypertension but that was because of the water and is now undercontrol.
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers . THis is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet.
Remember early detection is the key to prevent or delay heart attacks.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello I drink liquor daily continuously by last 5 years near about 200 to 300 ml daily To before 3 month I have an issue related high blood pressure and right now my bp is 140/100 and suddenly my heart beats increases day by day and getting tired when I run or walk 1 km Kindly revert.
Can I get the list of all possible lifestyle changes which are required for lowering bp? I am 19 years old and my BP is 150/90 currently on an average with medicine. I don't know whether it's white coat hypertension or really some issue bcoz all my reports were normal.
I am 22 years old. I started consuming alcohol at the age of 18, but now whenever I drink after half an hour my blood pressure rises, heartbeat rises and eyes get red. please help.
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure (HBP) is a long-term or chronic health condition where the pressure of the flow of blood is always high in the arteries. High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
- Primary Hypertension - High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
- Secondary Hypertension - Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Blood pressure depends on the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the radius of the blood vessels. The delicate balance can get disturbed due to a number of factors.
- Primary hypertension may be caused by genetic factors. There are 35 identified genetic loci related to blood pressure. Mutations in these can cause chronic HBP. Other factors like maternal smoking, deficiency of vitamin D, deficiency of calcium, insufficient breast milk consumption also increase the risk of HBP.
- Secondary hypertension is caused by a variety of conditions like hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism, nephritis, asthma, sleep apnea, depression, pregnancy etc. Overconsumption of caffeine, alcohol, sodium and illegal drugs may also be responsible for high blood pressure.
Hypertension may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Treatment and Prevention
Hypertension is a common condition, especially after the age of 40. Medication may help control severely high blood pressure to an extent but certain lifestyle changes go a long way in both preventing and treating the disorder. Some of them are:
1. Taking regular blood pressure readings after the age of 25. High blood pressure is defined differently in different age groups. It is not always 120/80.
2. Obesity causes hypertension. A normal body mass index of 18-25, should be maintained.
3. The daily diet should include at least 4 to 6 portions of fruits and vegetables.
4. Salt intake is to be limited.
5. Drinking and smoking are to be minimized.
6. Stress and burnout should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.