Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep R Raisinghani
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep R RaisinghaniYour feedback matters!
My daddy lipid profile test results Total cholesterol - 160 mg/dI HDL Cholesterol - 40 mg/dI LDL Cholesterol - 92 mg/dI VLDL Cholesterol - 28 mg /dI Triglycerides - 140 mg/dI Are these values are within the normal range? If not please suggest measures? Age -53 Height - 5.10 Weight: 85 -90.
Sir I am 29 year male having regular high blood pressure 160/95 I am taking one tablet (Tricinod-10/6.25) (composition is cilnidipine-10mg, Telmisartan-40mg, Chlothalidone-6.25mg) daily in morning but my BP is not come down. I am non smoker, non alcoholic. Doing daily exercise and taking too low salt and am taking vegetable and fruits in my diet. My glucose fasting is 58 mg/dl, HDL CHOLESTEROL is 31 mg/dl, TRIGLYCERIDES is 186 mg/dl, TOTAL CHOLESTEROL is 135 mg/dl. Please help me sir.
My father is 59 years old and he has a 70% blockage on his one artery. He is under medication. But from 3 to 4 days he feels a speaking on his left hand which is passes through from heart to right hand. Is it dangerous or what?
Our survival is solely reliant on the working of the heart. It is this that makes the prospect of a heart failure so fatal and so terrifying. Notwithstanding what the heart evokes, a heart failure is not indicative of a defunct heart; but only a situation when the heart pumps weaker than what is generally deemed as natural. Consequently, the blood flows at a slower rate to the heart and the body that in turn increases pressure in the heart. The oxygen that is produced by the heart in such a scenario is scanty and insufficient for the body.
body responds with its own defense mechanism, as the heart, in an attempt to hold more blood, stretches its chambers. Though this strenuous effort may keep the blood moving, it would gradually and inevitably weary the heart with all the effort. Subsequently, the kidney responds by retaining more salt and fluid in the body. These fluids may accumulate in different parts of the body, mainly in the legs, feet, ankles leading to congestion in the body. This very condition in medical terminology is referred to as congestive heart failure.
Different causes can contribute to the onset of such a fatal condition. Some of them are
- Coronary artery disease: In such a condition, the arteries supply insufficient amount of oxygen and blood to the heart. Subsequently, the heart receives scanty amount of nutrients and oxygen.
- Heart attack: The sudden, unanticipated blockage of the coronary artery and the ensuing stoppage of the flow of the blood lead to a heart attack. The heart muscles are damaged in such a case and prevent the proper functioning.
- Diseases: Though the term may be generic and over expansive, most of the ailments which people suffer from tend to manifest themselves by posing a potential threat to the functioning of the heart. A high blood pressure, kidney disease, even a thyroid disease can cause congestive heart failure.
Every disorder is preceded by certain symptoms, and congestive heart failure is no different. Some of them are
- Fatigue: This is one of the most perceptible symptoms of congestive heart failure. One of the earliest premonitions of an impending heart failure is a nagging sense of weariness and lethargy.
- Swelling: As the condition is characterized by accumulation and build-up of fluids in various part of the body, swelling is an inevitable symptom of this condition and a clear indication of the ailment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!