Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep MehtaYour feedback matters!
Best time to conceive baby boy in the age of 27? How to identify ovulation date? Ovulation will long for two days?
Miscarriage refers to the spontaneous loss of the fetus before one completes the 20th week of pregnancy, taking into account the period from the conception to gestation. It usually happens in the first trimester of the pregnancy; that is within the seventh and the twelfth week of conception. Recurrent miscarriage is when one suffers from multiple miscarriages in a row.
- Abnormally-shaped Uterus: Some miscarriages, particularly late ones, are thought to happen because the uterus (womb) has an abnormal shape.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Women with this condition have many small cysts in their ovaries.They also tend to have hormonal problems, including high levels of insulin and male hormone in the blood, which can lead to recurrent miscarriage.
- Infection: Some serious infections can cause or increase the risk of single miscarriages. These include toxoplasmosis, rubella, listeria and genital infection. But it is not clear whether infection plays a role in recurrent miscarriage.
- Diabetes and Thyroid Problems: Uncontrolled diabetes and untreated thyroid problems can cause miscarriage. But well-controlled diabetes and treated thyroid problems do not cause recurrent miscarriage.
Your risk of recurrent miscarriage is higher if:
- you and your partner are older; the risk is highest if you are over 35 and your partner over 40;
- you are very overweight. Being very underweight may also increase your risk.
Each new pregnancy loss increases the risk of a further miscarriage. But even after three miscarriages, most couples will have a live baby next time.
Testing After Recurrent Miscarriage:
If you have had three miscarriages in a row, you should be offered tests to try to find the cause. This should happen whether or not you already have one or more children. Testing is usually offered two early miscarriages (up to 14 weeks) because these are often due to chance. But you might be offered tests after two early miscarriages if you are in your late 30s or 40s or if it has taken you a long time to conceive.
If you had a late (second trimester) miscarriage, where your baby died after 14 weeks of pregnancy, you should be offered tests after this loss.
- You can opt for blood tests to check for sticky blood syndrome or APS. Tests would look for antibodies that would help treat the condition. Antibodies are chemicals produced by the body to combat infections.
- Get an examination done should the doctor suspect chromosomal abnormalities and in case it is diagnosed, both of you can consult a clinical genetics specialist for genetics counseling.
- Your doctor will recommend an ultrasound scan to trace any type of abnormality that may make a pregnancy futile, for instance, a short or a fragile cervix.
It is natural to pin your hopes on testing as the answer to your problems. But there are three reasons why it may not be the answer you’re looking for:
- A cause may not be found; when this happens your miscarriages are called ‘unexplained’
- Even if a cause is found, it may not be treatable;
- Treatment may not lead to a successful pregnancy. This can happen if a pregnancy miscarries for a different reason than the one being treated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have cough. Cough increases only in cold. In night when I am on bed its normal and in day time it increases. I have this problem since 2 years. I take treatment from but they told me yiu have infection. I had test my blood and urine all normal.
My periods are irregular more than 35 days I am trying to conceive my last period was start on 6th july and end in 10th July but on 18th July bleeding occur which is very light and ends in 4 days. My doc. Prescribed me ovabless tablets and cycloset syrup and hamper syrup for conceiving. What's the problem with me.
Mujhe periods time se mai ho the h mere delivery ke bad this routine par hue but 2 month se problem start hue hai.
Hi doctor. My baby is 4 months old. My delivery was done at last year December 20th. When am having intercourse with my husband.
My daughter's blood report is blood glucose fasting-101 .1, insulin fasting -19.34,total t3-180, t4-10.14,tsh-cLIA-17.54. She had irregular periods and excess bleeding, how to control her insulin levels and tsh level.
Sir my gf got pregnant by mistake .pregnancy about 20 months .suggest me good pills and better method.
I am 35 years old, 5 feet and weight 58 kg. I have a period cycle that fluctuate from 31 days to 22 days to 19 days in the past 6 month .I have been trying to conceive for the past 7 months .Do I need to be concern?
Coconut water or nariyal paani as we know it, is a staple in many homes during summer. Starting the day with a glass of coconut water has more benefits than you can imagine. We in India have been fortunate to have abundant access to coconut water that is healthier for your body than any sports drink, cola drink, sugary premix or fruit juice.
From a nutritional point of view, water from a green tender coconut is packed with vitamins, electrolytes, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, phytohormones, and cytokines. It has more potassium than in four bananas; is fat-free with hardly any calories, and very easy to digest.
Here are some benefits of drinking coconut water regularly.
1. Coconut water is a diuretic
When consumed regularly, it keeps your renal system (kidneys, bladder, ureters and urethra) healthy, prevents the occurrence of kidney stones, flushes out toxins like uric acid, phosphates, from the body via urine, and prevents urinary problems.
2. Coconut water helps reduce weight
300 ml of coconut water has just 60 calories, compared to 139 calories in a cola drink, 142 in fruit juice and a whopping 200 in a sports drink. It provides nutrition, keeps you feeling full and suppresses the appetite. Having coconut water with breakfast or lunch keeps you from snacking between meals or reaching for high-calorie meals and keeps water retention in check.
3. Coconut water slows down the aging process
Coconut water hydrates the cells and helps delay aging at a cellular level, combats the effects of pollution, stress and irregular food habits. All this is due to the presence of cytokines, which are a group of proteins that improve the quality of cells and regulate immunity.
4. Coconut water rehydrates and restores
Loss of vital nutrients through sweat is one of the main reasons we feel sapped of energy, listless and lethargic during summer months. Coconut water replenishes the body of vital nutrients, gives energy and gets absorbed by the body instantaneously. For severe cases of dehydration, add a pinch of salt to coconut water for results that are the same as any ors.
5. Coconut water helps maintain blood pressure
Coconut water which is packed with potassium, magnesium and vitamin c is a natural way to main blood pressure. Potassium counteracts the effects of sodium (found in salt) which is known to increase the blood pressure. It also maintains a healthy heart by lowering bad cholesterol, reduces plaque formation in the arteries, increases circulation, and maintains good cholesterol in the body.
6. Coconut water is good for the skin
Topical application of coconut water prevents acne, reduces blemishes, tightens pores, lightens scars, reduces wrinkles and slows down the aging of the skin. Coconut water hydrates the skin and hair both from inside and outside.
7. Coconut water is an anti-bacterial
Coconut water naturally prevents infections, boosts immunity, and maintains the healthy flora and fauna of the digestive system. The natural sugars in coconut water destroy microbes and disease-causing pathogens making it a delicious and preventative addition to your diet.
Hi Doctor. I missed my periods, since it was on march 12th. But till now I didn't get. I had home pregnancy test on 19th march, 2016 and it was negative. What should I do. I started yoga from past 15 days and is that the reason behind my missed periods. I started using deviry 10mg tablets. Does these tablets avoid pregnancy? Thanks in advance.
I am pregnant again I had miscarriage earlier and cervical polypectomy lmp 7sep but little spotting once last week and today please suggest what to do?
Madam, Periods are stopped since Two Years.My age is 26 years.I am having Two childrens.My weight is 94.Doctors telling Pituatory gland problem.What is the solution for coming periods regularly.Thyroid is normal.
Often, as men and women approach their mid life, they face sexual problems. Like other major health problem like cancer, diabetes and heart disease, it is beneficial to seek early treatment for sexual problems. Brushing these issues under the carpet may be harmful as it can undo a good relationship and could bring about discord and resentment in the couple. Often, in our culture, mediation and help is sought from friends and relatives. However, seeking professional help is always better as it is unbiased, scientifically correct and based on objective consideration of the overall problem.