Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep MehtaYour feedback matters!
Im a 21 year old woman, I want to know apart from condoms which are the other safe birth control pills which can be taken orally by a female to prevent pregnancy. Apart from saheli which are the other pills available.
Hi I have white patch grown in last 3-4 months near vagina outer libs abd anal part. It causes itching n some skin removes as well. Sometimes swelling in affected area. I am unable to sleep properly due to this. Patch is growing daily. .i maintains hygiene. .i m nt sexually active. . Age is 26 unmarried. . Never had sexual relation . Takes plenty of water daily. I am worried. Is it lichen sclerosus or something else. Please guide me.
I have multiple fibroid uterus with one submucosal component. This fibroid is 28-12 mm. Can homeopathy cure this fibroid.
I am suffering from mild PCOD. Today was 1st session of my treatment. I'm consulting homeopathic for this. Is it ok or should I consult an endocrinologist as per my family doc suggestion. What should I do, I'm highly tensed.
I need help to control pregnancy after intercourse. (I'm not using condom) And I need ayurveda solution not a tablets.
The heat in summers can be dangerous. The heated summers bring along the medical conditions that need attention while enjoying sun-filled fun. It’s time to stock your cabinet with your summer arsenal. This year consider doing it with homeopathic preparations. They are safe, non-toxic with relatively simple guidelines for first aid use and equally effective for children and elders alike. The underlying principle of homeopathy involves taking a substance that can cause symptoms similar to those that a person is experiencing in illness.
The homeopathic remedies work rapidly to relieve pain, speed healing, and prevent infection. In addition, homeopathic treatments are safe, gentle, non-toxic, pleasant tasting and without side effects. In hot weather our body’s store of vital fluids and salts decreases as we sweat, taking with them nutrients we need to function healthily. This can lead to common problems such as dehydration and exhaustion, or even heat stroke which can sometimes be fatal.
Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive sweating
- Cold and clammy skin
- Quickened pulse and breathing
- Muscle cramps and stomach pain
Homeopathic remedies are non-toxic and a safe way to help the body to replenish its store of the cell salts and nutrients it needs in warmer periods and help to relieve cramps, aches and fatigue. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines are:
- Calendula: This is an all-purpose medicine for many kinds of skin damage that many of us face during the summer season. When the skin gets damaged due to wounds, infection, prolonged sun exposure and even excessive pollution and dirt, one can try using calendula.
- Arnica: All that running around on the beach can easily give you sore muscles, while the heat can sap up your energy and leave you fatigued. In such cases, Arnica is the perfect homeopathic answer to your maladies. This medicine can be used for topical application if bought in its cream or gel form.
- Belladonna: Sun strokes, dehydration and over-exposure to the sun, in general, can give you a host of problems and conditions including heat headaches. In order to treat such conditions, one can use Belladonna, which is a homeopathic medicine used for sun-stroke related ailments and symptoms.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This medicine is also known as Rhus Tox. It is made from poison ivy extracts and is an effective drug when it comes to dealing with itchy rashes. These rashes may be caused because of exposure to oak, sumac and even poison ivy.
- Ledum: Ledum or Ledum Palustre is one of the best homeopathic drugs when it comes to treating insect bites during summers.
- Euphrasia Officinalis: This medicine is most commonly used for eye related problems that may come about due to sun exposure or excessive sweating and other heat related factors.
How to stay safe in sun
- It is always advised to drink plenty of water or drinks during summers, to cool down your body and to remain hydrated.
- If you are suffering from tiredness, headaches or any other conditions which may be aggravated in the warmer months, consult a specialised homeopath who will look at your diet, mood, sleep and lifestyle prescribe a suitable homeopathic remedy for you to take.
Abnormal uterine bleeding, formerly known as dysfunctional uterine bleeding, is vaginal bleeding that cannot be related to pelvic injuries, miscarriage, pregnancy or menstrual cycle.
The cycle changes and the bleeding become heavier.
Bleeding lasts for 7 days or more.
A tender or dry vagina.
Abnormal mood swings.
Excessive body hair, especially on the back, chest and face.
The ovaries do not release an egg.
Changes in the hormone level.
Lower levels of oestrogen or progesterone.
Thickening of the uterine wall in women above 40 years of age.
Certain birth control pills can also cause abnormal bleeding.
Some women also complain of abnormal bleeding in their first few weeks of pregnancy.
The physician first checks the haemoglobin levels of the woman.
An ultrasound of the pelvic region is done to check for physical injuries.
Sometimes, an endometrial biopsy (the doctor checks a sample of the endometrium, which is the lining of the uterus) is also used to test the condition of the uterine lining.
Hysteroscopy, using a hysteroscope, is used to test the insides of the uterus. A hysteroscope is a thin tube that is inserted into the vagina for the examination of cervix as well as the insides of the uterus.
Younger women in the range of 18-23 years of age are usually treated using low doses of birth control pills.
Oestrogen therapy is used.
Painkillers such as ibuprofen are also prescribed before the beginning of the menstrual periods.
The increase of ‘progesterone’ through IUD. An IUD (intrauterine device) is a contraceptive device that is inserted into the uterus.
Cyclic hormone therapy is given to women above 40 years of age (Progesterone is administered in a periodic interval, usually about 4 weeks).
Women considering pregnancy are recommended hormone therapy to increase ovulation.
- Anaemic women are given iron supplements.
Yummy tehri reinvented
Let's make a conventional tehri in our own style. Let's see how we promote the weight loss after eating healthy and nutritious food.
2nd recipe direct from my kitchen just for you.
Tehri (conventional way)
Rice 1 1⁄2 cup (24 tbs), soaked in water for 30 minutes, drained
Water 3 cup (48 tbs)
Vegetable oil 3 tablespoon
Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
Salt 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Peppercorns 1⁄2 teaspoon
Star anise 3
Cinnamon stick 1
Carrot 1, cut up
Green peas 1⁄4 cup (4 tbs)
Cabbage /cauliflower 1⁄2 cup
Onion 1, thinly sliced
1. In a pressure cooker, heat oil, add in the whole spices, cook for 30 seconds. Add onion and saute until the onions turn translucent.
2. Add the other vegetables and rice, stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in water, add salt and turmeric, close the lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
Serving (ideal for two serve).
Total fat 44 g 60%
Saturated fat 6 g
Sodium 2027.5 mg 84.5%
Total carbohydrates 264 g 87.9%
Dietary fiber 14.7 g 58.9%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 28 g 56.6%
Vitamin a 212.2% vitamin c 52.5%
Calcium 28.1% iron 59.2%
Who does not like the yummy tasty' tehri. Now lets make it our way. Very healthy, yummy and low calorie. My own version of my favorite tehri right from my own kitchen.
We will use the same ingredient in most healthy and low calorie style, and then check the calorie count of our tehri.
Same ingredients just minus the oil and lessen the carbohydrate of the rice.
1. Boil one cup rice rice, when they are cooked and then drain the excess water. So our simple rice is ready.
2. Take a kadai, it should be heated t the maximum flame, then add onion, tomato, garlic and cook them with no oil. Add in the whole spices with salt, cook for 30 seconds and saute until the onions turn translucent after that add peas, other vegetables like carrot, cauliflower, broccoli.
3. Cook till the vegetables becomes soft, then add the turmeric powder, dhaniya powder, lal mirch and cook for 1 min.
4. After that add little water in the mix and add rice. Cook for 5-7 min and your yummy healthy recipe is ready. Now lets check its nutrific and calorie value.
So now lets check what is the diffrence between boiled and steamed rice.
Boiling means straining the excess water (starch) when the rice becomes soft. Steamed rice refer to the rice which is pressure cooked.
So the difference in calories if we take 100 gram steamed rice the calorie is 150 kcal and in cooked 100 grams boiled rice the calorie is 100 kcal. And the carbohydrate content is also very less in boiled rice. Brown rice can be a more healthier option if you like the taste of brown rice.
Lets see the calorie counts of our tehri.
We have used only one cup rice and taken out the excess starch. Secondly try to use as much vegetables in the rice. Vegetable increases the nutritive value but decreases the calories. We have reduced the calories count by 900 kcal. There is no diffrence in taste but we have added more of vegetables. So your minerals, vitamins and antioxidantteh content is more. What more you can ask for?
Calories 800 kcal (for two servings)
Total fat 2 g
Sodium 2027.5 mg
Total carbohydrates 175 g
Dietary fiber 20 g
Protein 28 g
Vitamin a 212 vitamin c 5
Calcium 28.1% iron 59.2%