Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep B. Bhosale
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep B. BhosaleYour feedback matters!
Mrs. Manisha Walavalkar
I was suffering from knee pain from last 10yrs. Before 5 mnths back situation was very critical, i can't able to stand for a while. Today the situation is very different. A lots of thanks to Dr. Pradeep Bhosale. I can't express in words my happiness. Because of him today i can walk, i can stand. He is like god for me.
My mom is totally bed ridden from November Actually she got Blood clot in head so Operation has been done After a month again a bed sore happened for that again Operation has been done So Now she is able to speak slowly She is not able to walk She is getting pain in bones knee Totally body pains why should be taken and physiotherapy is going on please help in me in this Treatment is taken from apollo.
I am 20 years old and I have lower backpain. Whenever I try to bend backwards it hurts at a point in lower back. What could be the possible reason?
Yesterday at evening walk my ankle twisting and pain too much. But there is no swelling or any other symptom of breakage. Why to do know and want some home remedies don't want plaster. So solve my problem.
Ow! My aching back! Most of us have stuttered these words at one time or another. Worldwide back pain affects 4 out of 5 people at some point in life. It is one of the top ten high burden diseases and is largely responsible for decreased quality of life and disability in young adults.
Back Pain Symptoms
Back pain can range from a dull nagging ache to sudden debilitating pain. It can affect anyone at any age, but becomes more common as you grow older. People, who are overweight, lead a sedentary lifestyle, under extreme psychological stress and smokers have been found to be at a higher risk for back pain. Some of the common symptoms that occur with back pain include stiffness, trouble flexing your back, difficulty with range of motion, sharp shooting pain, pain radiating down the legs and numbness in the legs or groin.
Back pain that develops abruptly, often after some activity, is known as acute pain. If your pain lasts for more than three months, it is known as chronic pain. Most causes of acute back pain are related to the muscles and/or ligaments, widely known as strains. Back strains usually result from activities such as heavy lifting, overuse, abrupt movement and poor postures. Chronic pains may be associated with infections, trauma, spinal deformities and problems with the discs, nerves and bones.
Understanding the root cause of your back pain is key to preventing it from worsening or recurring. A better resolution of this problem can be achieved when you learn more and start identifying the factors that trigger your pain.
10 Tips to Beat Back Pain
Most episodes of back pain resolve within a few days on its own. Sadly, for some people it can return and can be the most frustrating and bothersome problem to manage. Here are few tips that you can try to minimise your discomfort and prevent the back pain from becoming a long-term issue.
- Ice the area – Keep ice on the area for the first one or two days. Ice helps slow down inflammation that occurs after an injury. You may switch to heat after two days. Do not place heat or ice directly on your skin and do not keep it for more than 20 minutes at a time.
- Be active – Continue your normal activities such as walking and mild exercises, but don’t overdo it. Avoid sitting at a place for more than half an hour, get up and do some mild stretching.
- Make your workstation ergonomic – Use chairs that have proper back support. Avoid hunching forward often and keep both your feet firmly planted on the floor.
- Maintain good posture – Avoid stooping or bending over from your waist when lifting heavy objects. Lift with bent knees.
- Wear footwear with low heels – High heels threaten good posture and put more pressure on the lower spine.
- De-stress – Anxiety, stress and depression can worsen back pain. Engage in activities that keep you happy.
- Get enough sleep – Inadequate sleep can aggravate your back pain. Sleep plays a major role in healing your body and mind. Sleep on a mattress that provides good back support. Keep a pillow between your knees if sleeping on your sides. If sleeping on your back, keep a pillow under your knees. These measures help maintain neutral spine position.
- Quit smoking – Smokers are at a greater risk of developing bone problems that worsen back discomfort.
- Exercise – Once your back pain has subsided, perform exercises to strengthen your back muscles.
- Shed some weight – Being overweight can put excess pressure on your spine. Losing weight can help relieve your back pain.
There is often no single solution for back pain. You may need to explore and find out what works best for you, which often involves a process of trial and error.
It is advised that you consult a qualified doctor if your back pain does not subside within 72 hours. Depending on your type of back pain, your doctor may recommend blood tests and/or imaging studies to identify the root cause of your pain. Depending on your specific condition, treatment options can include oral medications, injections or surgery. You may also choose complementary therapies such as exercises, massage, yoga, biofeedback, acupuncture, physiotherapy and chiropractic treatments that may offer some relief.
I am 35 aged person and am suffering pain from shoulder to elbow, by some special movement of hand.Please do help
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have rheumatoid arthritis can I under go stem cells therapy in india who claim it will cure rheumatoid arthritis completely. Other complications associated with it also cured or won't come .please reply.
Osteoarthritis is a common disorder that affects the joints in the body. It is characterized by wear and tear of the cartilage present in the bones which lead to pain and mobility issues. The disorder mostly affects the joints in the hips, spine, knees and the hands. This disorder can’t be cured; the symptoms, however, can be managed.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis are progressive in nature and tend to worsen with time. You will experience pain in the affected joint, leading to limited mobility. Joint stiffness occurs when you wake up in the morning or when you have been inactive for a long period. You will also experience a grating-like sensation when the respective joint is being used.
This condition occurs when the protective cartilage around the bones tend to deteriorate. The function of the cartilage is to allow the joints to move without friction. In this disorder, the surface of the affected cartilage turns rough, ultimately resulting in complete damage. This leads to loss of the protective cushion of the bone, making the bone rub on other bones. There are certain factors that make you prone to osteoarthritis, some of them are:
Aging increases the risks of this disorder.
Women are more prone to this disorder as compared to men.
Obesity puts added stress on the joints.
It might be hereditary as well.
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that balances the different energies in the body to keep you healthy. Ayurveda believes in the fact that a disorder in the body occurs when there is an imbalance in the respective doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. The idea is to get the doshas in order in order to get relief from the symptoms of this disorder. Osteoarthritis, or for that matter any disorder occurs due to the imbalance of the ‘Vata dosha’. The Ayurvedic treatments for this condition is Pachkarma therapy.
Panchakarma is the elimination of doshas from the body. It is one of the peculiarities of Ayurveda. Since according to Ayurveda, disease is the result of imbalance of doshas, when the increase of dosha is in a large quantity the best way to get cured faster is expelling the doshas out. These procedures (Karmas) are five (Pancha) and hence they are described as Panchakarma i.e. five procedures. These are to be performed not only by the patient for getting them cured but even by healthy persons for maintaining the health.
- Vamana: This is the elimination of doshas by the process of emesis. This is particularly useful for diseases arising from kapha and also from pitta. Diseases like chr. bronchitis, asthma, skin diseases, allergies, herpes, diabetes, sinusitis, osteoarthritis, hyperacidity are best dealt with this procedure. The best season for doing this procedure is ‘ Spring’ or even ‘Autumn’.
- Virechana: In this procedure, loose motions are produced to eliminate the doshas. This is very useful in diseases caused by pitta dosha e.g. Hyperacidity, herpes, gulma (Type of tumor) jaundice, osteoarthritis, anemia, skin diseases etc. The best season for this procedure is ‘autumn’.
- Basti: The procedure is important for the Vata dosha mainly, but can be used for Kapha and pitta and for all sorts of diseases also. In this procedure enema with herbal decoction, oil, honey and salt is given. Since it has a direct action over the large intestine, which is the main site of Vata dosha, it acts instantaneously. The procedure is especially useful for all kinds of diseases caused by Vata Dosha e.g. back ache, arthritis, osteoarthritis, dystrophies, multiple scherosis, muscle waisting etc. The best season for this procedure is the rainy season. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.