Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Prachi DargainyaYour feedback matters!
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees.
I am 25 years old male and have backache for last two months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
I am 82 years Male. Have for over 3 years tingling sensation on my left hand .diagnosed as CTS. It has now become acute and painful, besides stiff right shoulder.
Sir I had back bone since 1 month I had consulted a doctor in bijapur only they had given a tablet n applying cream I had taken for 8 days that tablet's but I had relief just 50 percent but now also I had pain sir wt is the main reason and what should I have to do weather should I take x ray or not please inform me.
I AM 54 year old. I have knee problem so I can't walk, I have sugar between 300 to 400 from last month. Taking glimmer ds regularly. Should I change medicine or any other.
I have a problem regarding my back. My back is pained whenever I pick up a heavy stuff. Please tell me the solution for my problem.
I am 30 year old having pain in my shoulder & neck from last 1 week, can you please tell me the remedies.
My mother is 83yrs old and having knee pains for the past 2 years and legs get swollen if she walks. Please suggest me what to do.
Please suggest me a way to cure my knee pain. Moreover, please provide me a diet chart so that I can reduce my weight.
I am 34 year old male. I got hurt on my left knee in 2015 and the pain took quite some time to go. But now after longs hours of sitting, if I start to walk, it pains and the movement is not smooth (doesn't happen after a sleep, it happens mainly when I am working on my laptop or sitting in a car for a long time). It takes some time to come back to normal. Please let me know WHY this is happening, if this is serious or it will heal naturally with time. Are there any exercises etc that can be done to bring it back to normal.
People say I look different with my shoulders and I have slouching problems at the age of 19? what should I do?
My back hurts very bad whenever I lie down I've have this pain right from the day I started going to gym why is it happening any problem with me.
Hello, I am 18 years old boy, my height is 5'10" and weight 86, my legs have pain daily, from the knee to foot. And my foot size is also big and wide from others, its foot wear size is 10. I want to improve it. I also take tension always of little little things. And I cannot take part in sports activities and feel so under confident in all situation. Thanks.
I am 20 years old, I have back pain, can't sit without any support for more than 10 mins, I also consulted others they said for students its common. Please solve my problem.
In our fast paced life, a wrong bend or an incorrect posture is quick to trigger a back ache. It can also occur because of reasons like arthritis, improper diet, lack of physical activity, an improper lifting of a heavy object, excessive physical labour or pregnancy. Most white collared professionals are a victim of a sedentary lifestyle where they spend hours on end sitting in the same position. In fact prolonged sitting is also a cause for weight gain, obesity, joint problems, poor health and even premature death.
Our instant reaction is to take a painkiller and get relief from a back ache. But painkillers often come with unwanted side effects and it is best not to take them unless prescribed by a physician. Some of the commonly prescribed painkillers in the market increase your risk to a heart attack by 2 to 4 times, cause cardiovascular problems, gastrointestinal problems, like digestive tract bleeding and even kidney problems. Instead, back ache has several home remedies that can wonders. It will require a little patience but the zero side effect factor and long term relief will eventually be great for you.
Try these herbal and home remedies for backache:
- Internal and external pain relief with Ginger: Ginger has anti-inflammatory compounds that can work well for pain relief. You can start by making Ginger tea. To do this, add 2-3 slices of ginger in half cup boiling water and simmer it for 10 - 15 minutes. You can add honey and drink it 2-3 times a day. You can also add half tea spoon crushed peppercorns and 2-3 cloves to this tea. Adding a dash of black salt helps in improving the taste.
- Harness the power of Basil: Add 10 Basil leaves to a boiling cup of water and continue to boil it until it reduces to half. You can add a dash of salt to this and drink it through the day.
- Home remedies with exercise: Not only should you stretch between long sitting hours, you should also get some back exercise suggested by a physical trainer with expertise in the field.
- Trigger your inner healing by releasing endorphins: Endorphins act as a pain blocking mechanism in the body and doing certain activities you like can help release them. From walking for 20 minutes to aerobics, to yoga to meditation to chiropractic care, you can try whatever makes you happy and calm to trigger your inner healing.
- Garlic: These tiny cloves healing powers are well known for a variety of body ailments including blood pressure. Taking a couple of cloves early in the morning on empty stomach or massaging with garlic oil helps relieve back ache