Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhu SanjayYour feedback matters!
My child is 10 years old her weight is 25 kg haven't got hungry she got affect digestion problems. She affect stomach ache. So she couldn't eat food? What medicines needed her?
I am not eating food 3 times a day I only take food for 1 time that is in afternoon so will it creates any problem.
One of my friends is blessed with a baby and she has been advised to take vibact DS along with other medicines post c-section. By mistake she is been taking 3 capsules of vibact DS instead of one suggested at night. The kid is urinating a lot but she is all okay. What can she do to reverse the action of excess dosage?
My son aged 3 years 6 months weighing 12.7 kg have had his first febrile seizure on friday with a temp of 102.8. We immediately rushed him to hospital and he was admitted for 2 days. Al his blood test came normal and doctor said that he had viral infection. So to prevent future seizures he prescribed gardenal 10 ml for 15 days. And later tab frisium 5 mg and nasal spray medacif. My question is since from the day he has come come home I find him active but trembling whenever I hold him to make him sleep he is always shivering. And when I ask him do you feel cold h says no. Like when I keep my hand on him I feel the vibration. Wveyone says that this cud be due to the weakness or cough syrup impact. Also his temp varies from 97 to 99 from past 3 days. He is suffering frm cough right after the discharge he is taking medicine as ascoril ls 5 ml thrice aday, gardenal 10 ml once night, multivitamin and avfer 2.5 ml twice a days. We are really tensed and stay in remote area near rewari. Please let us know if we are getting the right dose and do we need to take him again to doctor for chkup. He otherwise has become very hyperactive and does not even rest.
My 4 months old baby having cold and cough and his nose is blocked like sounds gur gur please help me what should in do.
Hi My son had viral fever 15 days back with no symptom. This fever last for seven days. Doctor gave flexon and augpen for possible infection like uti or throat. Now fevr came back after 15 day with block nose n cough. Does viral fever reoccur. What to do now. Should I visit his doctor or should I give him gladimol c n asthalin expectorant. Plzz suggest his age 4 years weight 14 kg.
Hi m having a 2 month baby. Since birth day my baby is having a white molluscum on his left chin. Its almost 2 month over but it is not going off. As I got infected a year before with this molluscum which was there during I was pregnant. please tell me is my baby infected through it in womb itself? How to get baby rid of it? please help.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.
RTS, S/AS01 I had heard a malaria vaccine has been developed the last year. Can we get it in India for our babies.
My kid is 4 and half yr, he is having allergy problem. He had wheezing now he is fine. No cough too. His nose is always blocked. His chest seems to be clear. Doc said to give nasal drops daily before sleeping. Is it safe to give nasal drops daily.
My son is 2 years and 6 month old, he is very active, he can says words, identify color, since then he can't speak in sentence form. Could you suggest any ideas to speak as ours.
Hi doctor I have 13 months baby. I went to doctor for baby 12 months vaccination and next day my baby got cold and cough. I have given her Relent syrup for 7 days but still her nose is running. Doctor told to me to give steam to baby but which nebulizer medicine should I used to get rid off this cold. Should I use in warm water or normal also any other medicine which should I use to get rid off.
My child aged 6 years is having retina eye problem. Everything is ok, but he can't read from certain distance. All tests have been done. But, even erg test also failed to diagnose exact problem. But it has been diagnosed as retina problem. Probably small retina. It has been suggested another test scanning after 6 months. Is there any remedy for retina problems.
My son age is 3 year and his healthy is ok by god but I want question for what I give to him for food like. Please suggestion me any strong powder is to add to milk.
Hi, My sister adopted a baby boy having 4 month we don't know how we will care? Can you please give some tips how could we care, what type of Food , timing, oil, medicine for digestion . Everything.
Me and my wife are having cold and we have a 2 months baby, can you tell me how to prevent our baby from getting cold?
I have got a new born baby boy on 8th july. What care should I take for him. How and when to have feeding. His diet plus mother's care and diet.
Hello Dr. My baby is 8months old. Can we give every home made item to her like (rajma, change, chapati, cheese, besan)?
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 5 benefits of breastfeeding:
- Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
- Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
- Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
- Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
- Reduces the risk of obesity: It reduces the risk of allergic diseases and obesity in children during infancy and their life ahead. Barker hypothesis says that there is a possibility of fetal origin of adult diseases, so early obesity may predispose child to diabetes and hypertension in later life which decreases significantly with breastfeeding. Ideal situation is exclusive breast feeding till 4-6 moths followed by a phase of complimentary feeding with breastfeeding and to continue breastfeeding till 2 yrs and beyond. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.