Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar S ShettyYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have eosinophilia from cold place or hot place and also from pollution please give a suitable treatment for this.
Sleep on your back or side only. Do not sleep on your stomach as this often causes lower back and neck strain. Use a quality contoured pillow that provides adequate support to your head and neck while sleeping.
When your back is painful you may place a pillow under your knees (when on your back) or between your knees (when on your side).
- Kidney disease can affect children in various ways, ranging from treatable disorders without long-term consequences to life-threatening conditions.
- Acute kidney disease develops suddenly, lasts a short time, and can be serious with long-lasting consequences, or may go away completely once the underlying cause has been treated.
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) does not go away with treatment and tends to get worse over time.
Kidney disease in children can be caused by
- birth defects
- hereditary diseases
- nephrotic syndrome
- systemic diseases
- urine blockage or reflux
A health care provider diagnoses kidney disease in children by completing a physical exam, asking for a medical history, and reviewing signs and symptoms. To confirm diagnosis, the health care provider may order one or more of the following tests:
- urine tests
- blood test
- imaging studies
- kidney biopsy
Treatment for kidney disease in children depends on the cause of the illness.
- Children with a kidney disease that is causing high blood pressure may need to take medications to lower their blood pressure. Improving blood pressure can significantly slow the progression of kidney disease. As kidney function declines, children may need treatment for anemia and growth failure.
- Children with kidney disease that leads to kidney failure must receive treatment to replace the work the kidneys do. The two types of treatment are dialysis and transplantation.
- For children with CKD, learning about nutrition is vital because their diet can affect how well their kidneys work. Parents or guardians should always consult with their child’s health care team before making any dietary changes.
What are the Symptoms Associated with Pediatric Kidney Disease?
Kidney disease often goes undetected in the general population, but children and adolescents are at an even greater risk due to the nature of the causes of the diseases and the ambiguity of the symptoms.
Children might not be aware of some of the changes that are impacting their body and will not always let their parents know of potential issues.
Common symptoms for children are:
- Swelling (even mild) of the hands and feet and/or puffiness around the eyes caused by excess fluid build-up, to the point where the child’s ability to move around normally is compromised
- After initial swelling, socks or a belt can leave an indentation in the skin that will persist
- Lack of or decrease in appetite.
- In children with ESRD it is especially important to keep their appetite up because transplant eligibility is based partially on growth.
- Decreased or increased frequency of urination. Children who can normally use the toilet without assistance may suddenly begin to wet the bed at night
- Long-lasting changes in the color of the urine such as unusually dark or red, which can indicate blood, and changes in appearance of urine such as extra foam that can indicate protein
- Headaches resulting from high blood pressure
- Flu-like Symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite
- Stunted or poor growth as compared to similar age group peers
- Difficulty concentrating and poor school performance
Another potential indicator of pediatric kidney disease is family history of kidney disease. Genetic related disease is much more common in children than in adults. If there is family history, it is a good idea to get a check-up.
In parents that are pregnant with a child with polycystic kidney disease a common symptom is decreased amniotic fluid.
Looking at the list of common symptoms it is easy to see how CKD can go undiagnosed. As a parent or caregiver, it is important to have conversations with your children to understand the severity and duration of the symptoms and follow up with pediatric nephrologist.
Hello sir, my age is 23 I am suffering from headache I consult a doctor because no use heavy headache please tell me reason.
Sir mujhko piliya baar baar hota hai mai kya karun iske bare mai koi badiya salah de dijiye jisse yeh rog baar baar na ho.
In my penis forehead white dust generates & it cause rashes on forehead then forehead skin doesn't open properly. While opening it creates rashes on skin & it is painful. Kindly suggest. It is happening once in 2~3 month.
Hi I have inagual hernia left side since last 4 years it's coming in testis and their is no pain but it slowly become large so I want to proper treatment m also practice as BAMS doctor so please suggest operation type n exactly what should I do.
I'm 23 years old and I masturbate everyday. 2-3 times. Is this bad as I'm finding it very hard to stop it.
Is masturbation is needed in life or is it makes future sexual life unpleasant? What are its effects on body?
Sir. My penis erect very quickly and I discharge quickly. Is this a sexual problem if yes than what should I do?
My wife having sugar type1 Since30 years. She has to take daily insulin 2times human actrpid Some times she getting into coma after insulin taken, food not taking In time. After 7-8 hours later she becoming normal, if glucose water Pouring into mouth. I request any solution intimate me
What are the symptoms of tuberculosis and what precaution shop we take so that we do not get the disease.
Itching starts anytime. It usually starts when we tend to be free and relaxing.
Itching is generally followed by redness.
Usually last for few hours.
Aggravated by infection. Sore throat. Urine infection or stomach infection. Aggravated with change of weather.
Sometimes occur after bath.
Sometimes after sweating.