Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhakar Chowhan
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar ChowhanYour feedback matters!
Whenever I get up in morning I have tired legs. And it continues being entire day. During sleep I feel restless. And second issue continues tiredness in neck and shoulder leading to fatigue and pain in head.
I have pain in my lower section of knee joint what should I do. And also only happening in my left leg. Knee joint. I also had my b12 report. It says b12 is 145.0 pg/ml result. please tell me what should I do? I also had vitcofol injection for intramuscular use. Then also I am having same problem.
For the last 20 days, there developed pain in two legs knees, unable to walk ,fold legs. Very painful in any position like sitting, sleeping. Orthopedic declared no orthopedic problem. Age old n deficiency of calcium. Her age is only 46y. Normal weight. What could be the reasons for her condition?
Sir I have pulmonary tuberculosis but Now right side arm and neck shoulder pains and. Some time s chest pain and low fiver coming and breathing less at the talking time. Very numbness. Some time weight. increase. and decrease and s please advice complete att 6 months my details. Fluid ad 48. Fluid 2300 sugar 92 protein 3.79 plura effusion my history CBP 13.7/6100/280. Liver function normal sgpt 37. Sgot. 30 sodium Na 138 potassium K 3.8 chloride 99 Renal function Test (1) uria 32. Uric acid 5.8. Creatinine 1.0. CALCIUM 9.3. Tyrod normal. vitamin 12. 363. Glycosylated hemoglobin 5.81.
A sprained thumb is a painful condition caused due to an injury on the ligament of a thumb. A ligament is a soft tissue, which connects bones to each other at a joint. The ligament might get partially or fully torn due to extreme backward bending of thumb causing the ligament connecting the thumb and index finger to suffer injury.
- The problem is quite common among basketball, rugby and football players. For this reason, it is known as a sports injury. Skiing may also cause extreme pressure to the thumb, causing a ligament tear. Injury due to skiing is called skier’s thumb.
- The injury causes pain, bruising and tenderness. It can cause swelling on just the thumb or sometimes on the entire hand. In severe cases, weakness and instability in the region can be seen. A sprained thumb weakens the ability to pinch and grasp things. The patient will have trouble holding a glass, turning a knob or writing. An untreated injury may lead to joint stiffness, muscle weakness, scar tissue formation, instability of the thumb or even arthritis. It is strongly advised to visit a professional therapist for an early diagnosis and treatment.
- Usually, an X-ray leads to an apt diagnosis of the injury. The doctor also ascertains damage to the bone and ligament and develops a treatment plan. Some ligament tears can be treated using a splint or cast. A chronic ligament tear might not heal and would require surgical intervention.
- A partial or mild ligament tear can be managed through useful home remedies like putting an ice pack, bandage or splint. It is also advised to keep the thumb elevated and restrict its movement. A heat pack is beneficial as it can ease pain and relax the muscles. However, heat pack must be avoided during the first 48 hours of injury as it can lead to bleeding.
- If there is a chronic injury and the ligament is completely torn, a surgery is needed. A surgery helps join a new ligament to the bone in case the torn ligament fails to heal. It also helps reconnect the injured ligament to the bone. Sometimes, there might be bone damage as bone fragments might get pulled away with the ligament. In such cases, bone fragments need to be put back in their position through surgery. After the surgery, a cast or splint is put till it heals completely.
- An early visit to a physiotherapist has potential advantages. A therapist can fasten the healing process, help relieve pain and improve a person’s ability to resume daily tasks. Massages and strengthening exercises are initiated to avoid re-injury and instill strength in the injured region. Physiotherapy also helps immensely after surgery through planned mobility exercises that regain movement and strength.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!