Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 25 years old male. I had food digestion problem. I can't digest easily. So please tell me how to overcome this,
Hello Doctor, I have a partially disended gallbladder and multiple calculi noted and cystic duct with 17 mm. Is it curable with medicine or need any surgery?
Hello Sir, I am Pidit constipation very serious problem of the past two years. Motion is very tight in the morning and does not look too hungry and gas recruitment becomes what to do?
I am suffering from stomach problem having digestion problem what good medicine should I take please tell me.
Ulcer treatment that irritate the upper part of the body which means near lungs and also cause bad smell by mouth.
1. Eat three small meals and three snacks evenly spaced throughout the day. It is important to avoid periods of hunger or overeating.
2. Eat slowly and chew foods well.
3. Be relaxed at mealtime.
4. Sit up while eating and for 1 hour afterward.
5. Avoid eating within 3 hours before bedtime. Bedtime snacks can cause gastric acid secretion during the night.
6. Cut down on caffeine-containing foods and beverages, citrus and tomato products, and chocolate if these foods cause discomfort.
7. Include a good source of protein (milk, meat, egg, cheese, etc.) at each meal and snack.
8. Antacids should be taken in the prescribed dose, one-hour and 3 hours after meals and prior to bedtime. This regimen is most likely to keep the acidity of the stomach at the most stable and lowest level.
9. Milk and cream feedings should not be used as antacid therapy. Although milk protein has an initial neutralizing effect on gastric acid, it is also a very potent stimulator. Hourly feedings of milk have been shown to produce a lower ph than three regular meals.
10. Caffeine-containing beverages (coffee, tea, and cola drinks) and decaffeinated coffee cause increased gastric acid production but may be taken in moderation at or near mealtime, if tolerated.
I am getting stomach pain. I consulted doctor he mentioned that pain is because of gas. L am using gelusil it is giving temporary relief please suggest me what is the best way to overcome this problem?
I am 41 years male and have been diagnosed with antral gastritis. And h pylori positive. While I am on medication. What should be my diet?
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures.