Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prabakar B PelnekarYour feedback matters!
I am thinking too much at times, lost my confidence and faith. I started believing I am not able to do anything in my life, not able to sleep neither having any interest in things. Talking to myself alot My exams are nearby not able to concentrate at all There is a strong fear of failure What should I do? Please suggest.
Renal hypertension is a disorder, which is characterized by a rise in the blood pressure that results from kidney disease. The blood flow to the kidney is impaired due to the narrowing of the arteries and this leads to renovascular hypertension.
The various symptoms of renal hypertension are:
- You may experience symptoms of high blood pressure.
- Your kidneys may not function properly due to the impaired supply of blood
- It may lead to presence of blood in your urine
- You may be affected by pulmonary edema that results in accumulation of fluid in the lungs
- It may result in severe headaches and confusion
- You may experience blurred vision
- You may have nosebleeds
- The impaired kidney function may also lead to chronic kidney damage.
The various causes of renal hypertension are:
- Accumulation of cholesterol in the body may lead to blockage of the artery due to plaque buildup
- Smoking may increase your chances of getting affected by narrow arteries
The narrowing of the arteries causes a reduction in the blood supply to the kidneys. This results in the kidneys to release various hormones that instruct the body to hold on to water and sodium. This causes the fluid to accumulate in the blood vessels, thus resulting in high blood pressure.
The various risk factors renal hypertension are:
Medications used to treat high blood pressure are used to treat renal hypertension. It is important that you get your blood pressure levels checked on a regular basis. You need to make certain lifestyle changes such as:
- Exercise on a regular basis to keep your heart and body healthy
- Limit consumption of alcohol and reduce smoking
- Eat well balanced meals to keep obesity at bay
- Keep your mind free of stress
- Restrict consumption of salt
- Maintain optimal weight levels
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.