Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poorvy
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. PoorvyYour feedback matters!
Dear doc my mother's teeth are getting lose and falling. No plaques or cavities. Her age is 50 plus. Due to many other health related issues, her dental appointment is getting delayed. Kindly advise remedies/tips to strengthen gums and prevent tooth fall before meeting dentist. Sugest best tooth paste to strengthen gums. Thank you.
If I have to get both up and down dentures made what is the healthy way removable dentures or fixed dentures please guide.
My teeth are very yellow, it is very disgusting when I smile or laugh, can anyone give me some home remedies for it?
My 6 year old daughter's 3 milk teeth fell off naturally, two of which came within a month's time but one teeth(top front) has not yet come,its almost 6 months now and still there is no sign of a new teeth coming in its place. Please guide me as to what can be done?
When I brush in morning then a blood arise through my mouth and a little pain in my teeth every day. I tried most of toothpaste but no effect so sir ehat I do?
I am 20 years old and mouth only exhails bad breath. I mean halitosis. How can I get rid from this minor problem which causes the major problem for me. Thank you.
I'm 15 and usually my back aches (teeth) I don't know why what can I do for this if no docs are available?
Meri. 44 months ki bebi k jabaan me chale jesa ho jata hai phir apne aap thik ho jata hai ye kis vajah se hai me use iron cacium multi vitamins de rahi thi but us vajah se band kar di.
Sir I have three major problem. 1. I am 27 suffering from acute acidity and Gas problem. I am avoiding big meals, spices and fried foods but it is still there. I have Heart, stomach burning and lot of sound in my stomach. 2. My bottom stomach is always heat more than rest of my body. Semen (sperm) leak twice per week without temper penis or dream from more than five years. I truly tell not did masturbation. I am too weak 3. I have severe bad breath (halitosis). I tried all brand tooth paste and mouth wash. I also undergone cronical sinus surgery but not improvement. Above all lead me to depression. Tried many medicine but not ayurvedic. Is there any interrelationship between with these problem? Please give me some suggestions.
Mere husband khaate samai mu ke andr ki charbi chaba gaye toh unhe pain ho rha hai toh kya karu aur kitne din lagenge unko theek hone mein. Please advise me
One of the landmarks of a child's development during the first year is the eruption of the little white pearls. The first tooth breaks into the mouth, somewhere between six months to one year of life. The entire set is in place in a baby's mouth by about 20 months of life. Though called deciduous teeth as they fall off after a certain period of time, the last of the milk teeth remains in the mouth up to 12 to 14 years of age.
Listed below are some points outlining the significance of milk teeth. It assumes importance, given that many a times, parents ignore injury and/or decay to these with the assumption that these are anyways temporary and a new set will be in place later.
- Eating: One of the primary functions of the milk teeth is to aid in chewing or mastication and digestion. Though not as strong as their permanent counterpart, they do play a great role in chewing and digesting the food. Children with malfunctioning teeth, especially molars, (missing or decayed) can result into poor nutrition.
- Speech development: The milk teeth play a critical role in the speech development, and speech abnormalities can be seen in people, who do not have an effective set of milk teeth. It is common to see children in whom the front teeth in the milk set are not properly positioned, there could be speech problems like lisping.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, a good set of white, pearly teeth adds to the beauty of a child's smile. This plays a major role in boosting the child's social behavior including acceptance and confidence levels.
- Space Maintenance: The milk teeth maintain and preserve the space required for their successors. In case where a lost tooth is not replaced, the space may not be sufficient for the permanent one to erupt, and this may even stop the permanent one from erupting. The result could be a blank space where the milk tooth is lost without the successor erupting into the mouth due to lack of space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- Enforce a regular oral hygiene routine including rinsing after each meal or snack, brushing twice a day, flossing and use of mouthwash
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis regular cleaning followed by fluoride paste application if required; this will also reduce the onset of dental caries. Early caries can be identified during these visits and treated before onset of pain.
- Chemical sealants may be used if the pits on the teeth are deep and can get decayed easily.
Visit your dentist regularly to know more and to maintain these pearls.