Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PoornimaYour feedback matters!
There is an expected code of conduct for all of us at various stages of life and at various places defined by the people we interact. There is something known as appropriate and inappropriate depending on this stage of life, place and relationships. This inappropriate behaviour can be termed as conduct disorder.
It is the name given to a group of emotional and behavioural problems that can onset during different stages and accordingly can be of 3 types.
- Where the onset is before the child reaches age 10
- Where the onset happens during the teenage years
- Where the age of onset is not clearly specified
Causes: Though not very clear, some of the potential causes include a combination of genetic and environmental aspects. The frontal lobe which is related to cognitive behaviour is usually affected in people with conduct disorder. This leads to reduced ability to plan, reduced ability to learn from life, and a lack of impulse control. This damage can also happen as a result of head injury. Environmental causes include child abuse history, unstable family relations, and drug abuse in parents and close family members.
Symptoms: Depending on the prominent trait, there are 4 types of conduct disorders:
- Aggressive conduct where they bully others, use weapons to hurt other people or animals and even indulge in rapes
- Deceitful conduct is where the person lies, steals, and commits forgery.
- Destructive conduct is when the person could get involved in the destruction of property.
- Violators conduct is when the kids skip school, runs away from home, gets involved in sexual/drug/alcohol abuse early in life. They are extremely pleased when breaking rules.
Treatment: This involves a combination of drugs and psychotherapy. The child’s age, duration of the symptoms, a degree of symptoms, and support system usually determine the mode of treatment.
- Drugs: Though there is no definitive drug for conduct disorder per se, these people usually have depression and/or ADHD, and so drugs are used to control these symptoms.
- Psychotherapy: Depending on the manifesting symptoms, these people are taught anger management, impulse control, cognitive behaviour, and problem-solving skills. Parents and close family and friends may also be involved to improve response rate and pace. The counsellor also needs to discuss with these people potential for sexual abuse, drug/alcohol abuse and suicidal tendencies.
It is not just the conduct disorder but the resultant effects which are very harmful to the individual, the family, and society at large. Detecting at early stages helps in early intervention and arresting progress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Acupressure therapy, often referred to as pressure acupuncture, is regarded as an effective method in pain management. According to popular belief, the vital energy known as ‘chi’ flows across the major meridians or energy pathways. There are 12 primary meridians or energy pathways connecting particular organs that organise a communication system across the body. Illnesses take place when any one or more of the meridians fall out of balance.
Some of these acupressure points include the following:
- Valley joints for relieving headaches: This is located in the fleshy regions between the index finger and the thumb at the highest area of the muscle when both these fingers are brought close together. The point is pressed and massaged for a few minutes and is repeated for some time. This treatment is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Pericardium for relieving nausea: This point is placed between the two tendons within the wrist, which is located at a distance of about three fingers width below the base of the palm. This point must be pressed with the middle finger for some minutes or you can also opt for acupressure wristbands from a health store and use them properly.
- Third eye region for relieving stress and chronic fatigue: Close your eyes and find out the third eye region in the knobby spot located on the bridge of the nose in between the two eye brows. You can press this point with the middle finger for some time and then release and repeat the process several times in a week.
- Sea of tranquillity for relieving emotional stress: Also referred to as the conception vessel, this area can be easily located at the centre of the breastbone and can be pressed with the palms joined. Make sure that the spine is erect and supported by a straight chair at the back. You can press it for a couple of minutes every day while taking slow and deep breaths to release emotional stress.
- Leg three miles for relieving stomach problems: The leg three miles is believed to improve digestive issues, such as diarrhoea, indigestion, bloating, nausea, constipation and vomiting. It also helps in improving the immunity system, fighting fatigue, strengthening the body and promoting general wellness. Moderate to deep pressure can be applied for a couple of seconds on a regular basis.
Acupressure, which is a traditional Chinese treatment, involves the application of pressure at specific acupressure points, which lie along the meridians of the body for promoting relaxation as well as treating illness, and can be opted for regulating and managing pain in several parts of the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupressurist.
Hi sir I am 36 year old and I have a girlfriend she is 18 we both love each other and we are going to get married so I just wanted to no that is there somthing that will harm our married life, like having a age different and like child problem. To be very frank with you I really dont believe in all that because there are people at the age of 50 to 60 having a child. But then also I want to no that. It can really help me a lot. Thank you sir.
I am 3 years married and undergone 2 miscarriages due to cardiac stopped in around 2 months of pregnancy. And now from past one year we are trying to conceive but didn't get success. after consultation from a doctor I got for HSG test and result is that my right fallopian tube is blocked. Now what are the chances.
Hi am 20. My gf and I had oral sex but I rubbed my penis on her vagina may be inserted it half inch. I was worried so. I made her eat ipill. Yesterday but today she is feeling any problem or pain in stomach or anything. Is she safe? And I pill failed or not. She used ipill first time 2 months before that time she was suffering from pain but this is time no pain. Is everything ok?
My wife is 12 weeks pregnant went to the doctor today and they did an ultrasound they said they could see the fetus but could not find the heartbeat or cardiovascular activity is absent does this mean something is wrong I have no bleeding and no cramping I feel fine im eating good taken my prenatal what could be wrong please help.
I've Confirmed pregnancy 1 month 19 days and doctor suggested to use tablets susten 200, mvista tablets and pubergen Injection weekly. Doc also suggested for thyroid test and antenatal scan. We do scan on 1 mn 16 days, In the scan it showing small gestational sac of 5 weeks 4 days and no other info seen of child. And thyroid levels shown as 4.42. Shall we use thyroid tablets. And when to take next scan to know the heartbeat of child.
I am 30 years old, now a days I am getting body pains before 10 days of menstrual cycle and after menses also what to do?
21st june is my 1st day of my last periods date, on 25th june over my periods, then on 5th july I start intercourse with my partner then on 7th july ,9th july ,11th july 15th july .SO MY QUESTION IS THIS .IS I AM present. I AM PLANNING FOR BABY.
I am 42 years woman when I get my climax during sexual act all my nerves start pulling and I get severe leg pain. I have been operated for slip disc.
It's being more than 1 year of our marriage. I am planning to conceive from last 3 months but I am unable conceive. I went to the gynaecologist, she suggested some medicine last month but still no result. But husband semen analysis is fine. This month she has suggested folic acid tablets to me and next month I need to go for female infertility test. I am facing the problem of white discharge for 1-2 days after intercourse. Is this normal or abnormal?
Im suffering from white discharge since so my days, im getting irritated n worried too with that. please suggest me what to do.
I'm 20 years old extremely skinny girl. Like every youth, I too masturbate. But I feel that since I started masturbating, I started suffering from the problem of white discharge. Now, I masturbate number of times a day. I want to control it but still I'm not able. What should I do to stop it? Is it just a myth or what? I have read severally that it is a healthy and natural phenomenon. Then why this white discharge? I'm totally confused. Though I've had a checkup and my doctor told me that I'm anemic. But I didn't told him about my masturbating routine (though I told him about white discharge). Does it means that I was anemic or infected since such a long time when I started masturbating (2-3 years ago)? Or it is because of masturbation? And is masturbation responsible for my skinny body? Please clarify everything to me in detail.
Hi you told me I may not pregnant but what could be the reason behind it because Dr. told us intercourse time and then she did scan. Then she told egg ruptured it is showing yellow in color. Then what could be reason? Why am not pregnant? Why my ruptured egg didn't passed the fulope tube? Please help me out.
According to a study conducted by “Psychology Today”, it was found that couples who underwent a pre-marriage counselling have had more mutual understanding and lesser divorce rates. Given the staggering rate of divorce these days, it is wise to go through a pre-marriage counselling before tying the knots. Here are the top 10 benefits of a pre-marriage counselling:
- Discuss the hot topics: The biggest benefit of a pre-marriage counselling is the fact that most of the hot topics such as which religion will the children follow, what happens when the in-laws interfere in the relationship, which car to buy etc. reach an easy consent. This step will help to settle down on some of the most important events of life without having to fight, argue or divorce.
- Wisdom of the counsellor: The wisdom of a marriage counsellor goes a long way in settling some of the initial apprehensions of marriage. Having gone through the process of marriage and counselling many others, a counsellor knows where the shoe pinches and how to address them maturely.
- Set the expectation right: A pre-marriage counsellor helps to set the expectation right for both the bride and the groom. An open discussion helps a couple gauge the kind of adjustments they must do after marriage. This ensures that there are no pretensions with each other.
- Communication: Communication is by far the most important aspect of a relationship. A counselling session helps a couple understand the importance of listening to each other, discussing issues without arguing and not taking each other for granted.
- Review finance: Finance is a big matter of discussion for any couple. Be it the monthly budget, savings, spending everything is related to finance. Although uncomfortable, both the partners might discuss the financial situation at great length to avoid any unnecessary complications going forward. A pre-marriage counselling helps in doing just that.
- Discuss what matters the most: A pre-marriage counselling gives a couple the chance to discuss what matters the most to them. For instance, it can be career, freedom, space or anything. This counselling session will help the partners find out about each other’s passion.
- Discover the unknown: This session gives a unique chance to the partners to find out things that never got discussed before. Stuff like past trauma, hidden talent, untold emotions and so on are included here.
- Prevent the stumble: It has become fairly common among couples to split within months of marriage because of disagreements. A pre-marriage session can greatly help to avoid such a situation by making perspectives clear to each other.
- Lay down the rules: A marriage is the union of two lives. It is, therefore, necessary to understand the do’s and the don’ts. Understanding the liking and the disliking of each other is essential for a marriage to survive.
- Discuss the future: Above all, a pre-marriage counsellor helps couples to understand what they want. Since both of them influence each other a great deal, discussing future such as children, time needed for the family, personal goals etc. can be discussed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.