Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PoonamYour feedback matters!
My mother is passing through kemo therapy her wbc is getting down can you suggest how to increase wbc by your regular food.
After eating a meal to your heart’s content, it is very normal to burp or belch. However, it is normal only when it happens occasionally, or after a meal, for someone used to a contented meal every single time. On the other hand, excessive burping or belching can happen due to two reasons.
- Excessive air intake: There are multiple ways that excessive air can reach the food pipe. Sucking on straws, chewing gum constantly and ill-fitting dentures are some common reasons for burping.
- Digestive problems: Ulcers in the stomach, prolonged gastric, gallstones and rarely, esophageal or stomach cancers can also cause burping.
When to see a doctor
Check with a doctor if you have persistent burping, followed by a meal or otherwise, and accompanied by the following symptoms.
- Go slow when eating and/or drinking: Most of us are pressed for time and eating and/or drinking has now become a task that needs to be finished quickly. Eating fast causes air to be swallowed, and therefore one of the best ways to stop burping is to eat slowly. Sitting in a calm, relaxing environment when eating also allows one to enjoy the food and avoid or stop burping.
- Avoid taliking while eating: There is always so much to catch up, whether at home or outside. So, talking while eating is a common practice. This is not just bad manners, but there is also a lot of air that is swallowed, which leads to burping. A solution is to chew the food properly, which not just helps stop burping, but also aids in better food digestion by mixing it adequately with saliva.
- Substitute coke with water: Carbonated drinks are another reason for belching. Replacing them with water, tea, or anything noncarbonated is advisable, not just from burping perspective, but also from the excessive sugar consumption. Carbonated drinks are just sugar solutions, and are absolutely of no nutritive value.
- Avoid straw: When possible, drink from a glass and avoid straws. This reduces the amount of gas taken in and helps stop burping
- Quit smoking: Quitting it has multiple health benefits, and getting rid of smoking is just one of them.
- Dentures: Ill-fitting dentures can be a reason for belching, and so they should be checked and corrected, if required, in a person who has persistent burping.
- Chewing gum: Constantly chewing gum contributes to burping, and so avoiding chewing gum or sucking on hard candy is another way to control burping.
- Avoid certain foods: Foodstuffs like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, and lentils can produce excessive gas and should be avoided in people who have persistent burping.
Follow the above steps in your daily routine; still if your burping problem persists, it is time to consult your physician.
I had my periods on 21 April and I had sex on 29th April but after sex I take ipill. I am a pcod patient and I use to take ovral G from past 2 one month and this is my second month of taking this. I again had sex on 10th may and this time I didn't take any ipill because I already take ovral G everyday after my dinner. Now I am confused is there any chances of pregnancy as I searched from net that if you take ovral G as it is also a contraceptive which prevents pregnancy please suggest me what will I do.
You will perhaps be astonished to know that one anti infective local application prepared by boiling about 12-13 herbs and minerals in water and clarified butter (ghee), is as effective as any high end anti infective / anti septic medicine in modern medical science. I personally know some surgeons who have used it to heal wounds in resistant cases with success. Leaves of chameli, neem, prawal, turmeric, daruhaldi, manjishtha, cuso4 etc are used to prepare it.
This preparation when applied over a chronic wound, cleanses and heals simultaneously. Very economic, non resistant, easy to apply. This is known as jatyadi ghrit. One similar application named jatyadi tel is made in oil medium. Similar action in wounds, burns, eczema etc.
Mera jab period hota hai us mein 2 din blooding hota hai uske bad 3 din band ho jata hai.please help
I am 35 year old female having a six year old daughter. Recently I go through body test. My tsh is 3.5 ulu/ml, total cholesterol 170mg/ dl, hdl is 25.52, ldl is 111.8, vldl serum is 32.6, triglyceride is 16.3, ldl/ hdl is 4.384. What should I do?
My age is 26 year and I have 2 child In my breast curl nipple round cut mark please suggest what can I do.
I am a female and I had some sort of spotting from 11 nov I had my previous period on 14th but I am just getting spots from last 7 days n my menstrual fluid is just that spotting .I am not having any flow .I just did skipping like I used to do on 11th nov so I thut maybe it was because of that but its not the case as from 7 days there is no flow? What can be reason for it? I just started taking lipton green tea a month ago .any possible reasons n I am at home from 4 months not so much physical activity or anything .I have become a phone freak :/ is it because of my lifestyle .Do I need to consult a doctor now or wll wait for my next cycle next month .Please suggest something because I am very much worried as the spot are there even today after 7 days .What shud I do?
Hello doctor want to know about IUI process. My AMH is 5.43 and age 28. Then this process works for me?
I and my gf tried tried to have sex as she is a virgin i cud jst insert the head of penis n wen it cudn't happen we dropped the idea of sex but now she's missed her period by 2 days n still no signs of period the white liquid discharge that takes place b4 period is not happening plz help!
I am 25 yrs old and married. I was suffering from typhoid cba and apd from one last month and had undergone through many medications. But now my periods are delayed. My date was 18 now its 23. I am not understanding why It happens. So tell me what to do.
Dear Doctor, I am not able to do Breast feeding. My breast is not producing enough milk for my baby. I am just 3 days after my delivery. Dr. is there any medicine to produce milk so that I can do breastfeeding to my baby. Please help me.
Usg shows no cyst and does not state pcos. Reports are normal. But as lh is high and insulin is high I am worried. What should i do?
I feel m pregnant but I have started bleeding. I had 2 drops of bright red drops and when I used tampons I saw brown discharge on the same. I don't understand. I feel really disappointed and sad. As I had most of symptoms of pregnancy. The periods were late by few days. Does this mean I am not pregnant or did I have miscarriage. There is no pain this time in abdominal area this time.
I'm in love with a divorcee. I want to marry her as we do share a good bonding & relationship. But I am worried about my future sex life and about my children. Her previous relationship lasted for 10 years & she don't have any kid from that relationship so because of this reason she got divorced. Presently we are enjoying good relation physically & mentally but just worried about future uncertainties like Hiv. I mean if we have unsafe sex can I come in contact with this disease. If I have safe sex how can we have kids. I'm very confused Please do advice me in this please. She is 9 years elder to me her age is 31 years.
I took the ipill on 16th Feb and I had bleeding for 3to 5 days. Which is on my periods date. I can't understand that Wht it is? Period or anything? I had pain also which is causes during period. My age is 17. And I don't wnt to pregnant now. Is there any chance of pregnancy? please hlp.
1) Is it necessary that one should bleed after taking an emergency contraceptive like ipill? If not, what should be the date when the bleeding happens 2) when can be the first instance when one can go for a pregnancy test .rather than waiting the entire month for the next menstrual cycle.
Azoospermia is the medical condition of a man not having any measurable level of sperm in his semen. It is associated with very low levels of fertility or even sterility. It occurs in 5% of infertile men. There are many causes, to evaluate this need through review of present and past medical problems, past surgery, medications, family history physical examinations etc. Need blood tests for testosterone and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), two semen samples are needed. With each sample, a standard semen analysis is performed. If no sperm are found, then the semen sample undergoes an additional evaluation in which the sample is “spun” down in a centrifuge to concentrate small numbers of sperm at the bottom of the tube. This “pellet” of the ejaculate is then examined thoroughly for sperm by an experienced lab technician. If 10 sperm or even 1 sperm is present in the pellet analysis, then conditions such as reproductive tract obstruction are painlessly disproved. If, based on the above evaluation, it is not entirely clear as to whether there is a problem with sperm production or one of a blockage in the ducts of the reproductive tract, then the next step is to examine the testis itself and assess sperm production. This can be done in several ways, but the classic approach is to perform a testis biopsy under local anesthesia. The other causes are Primary testicular failure, Klinefelter syndrome, Varicocele effect, Diabetes mellitus, Pituitary suppression, drug induced (anabolic steroids, alcohol, glucocorticoids), Sickle cell anemia, Testosterone supplements, Ejaculatory duct obstruction, Obstruction, congenital absence of the vas deferens (CAVD), Ejaculatory duct obstruction, Undescended testicles at birth, Sperm autoimmunity,Severe illness (cancer, kidney or liver failure), Vasectomy, Epididymitis,etc.
- Treatment depends on the causes above,but the most important is to maintain health by proper nutritious diet (to produce balanced hormones and healthy sperms), exercise, maintain healthy life style.
- Beside these there are several herbs and fruits are very usefull.
- 7 dry dates to be boiled in glass of milk and take every day morning after food.
- Some Unani herbs. Gookhru, Mosli sufaid, Satawar, Khulanjan, Asgandh and Pamba dana are very usefull, make powder of these herbs with equal quantity and take one tea spoonful 2 times a day before food.
- Avoid stress and mental tension and do proper exercise and early morning walk for half an hour.