Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PoonamYour feedback matters!
I have already moved to IVF. Only ET is pending as I am facing hypertension. Around 135/90. Ao my question is what should be normal BP to proceed with IVF. Also what will be the further procedure?
My frnd have saggy breast and she hates, it and want to make it more attractive please suggest best views.
Hello doctor I wants to know that when the unprotective sex is safer in a month as my date is 30 april to 4 may, and how I calculate my ovulation date after every period n I also wants to know d difference but ovulation and fertilization, pls help me doctor. I will be thankful to u.
Ivf pregnancy, 18th week, twins. Doctor advice me enoxion injection 20 mg twice a day from 2 mnth till end. Does it help to increase the weight and growth of foods as doctor said because I am suffering from both high bp and gestational sugar. My babies are only 200 gms each till now what other help me to increase their weight. please suggest me for special care of babies so that if they, as doc said must be gone through preborn surgery, then their weight done not suffer them.
In December my bf rubs his penis on my vagina and there is no ejaculation. In January I got my periods with a week delay. And pregnancy test on first day of missed period is negative. I took pregnancy test in February too I it was negative again. I missed my period in Feb and have them in March which contain brown and very less blood. Is this a symptom of pregnancy?
I am 32 now. 2 years of marriage. And 2 times abortion in 5th week. Consulted gyneac. Done with tests like karyotyping, genetic study, chromosomes study and scanning. Except scan all reports are normal. Scan shows a heamoharrgic cyst of 3 cm. Wbc count is high. Doc says its due to infection. Is surgery only solution for removing cyst n to proceed for conceiving. Please suggest.
My wife is 32 years old. She is pregnant now .during these days of first trimester. She is suffering from excessive vomiting. M medicines doxyla+b6, ondansetron,all ayurvedic treatments etc not effective, even juices r also vomited. please suggest.
After c section I have no breastfeeding first 8 days after that I have very low supply what is my problem.
My wife is 27 years old. She has cyclical breast pain and sometimes non cyclical paid specially her left breast. Please suggest what should do.
Hi I have gone through 2D Echo n everything seems to be normal. It states mild TR with no PAH is it a concern to worry as I'm 35 weeks pregnant. N having severe chest pain.
My wife is now 9 weeks pregnant, since last 4 weeks she is suffering from excess saliva constantly in her mouth all day, doctors said its due to hormonal changes, please can you let me know how long it lasts and is there any remedy for that. Thanks in advance.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Causes: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.