Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja SomiyaYour feedback matters!
I have teeth problem, my teeth have black spot and hole in center of teeth. I want remove this spot and want clean white teeth. What should I do?
Hi sir, I am 33 years old male. I am non smoker and non alcohol, and I am vegetarian, but I am worried about bad smell from my mouth while talking, it will started after few hours of brushing. please tell me what to do?
Mere danto se khoon aata hai jab subha mai uthta hu tab ye daily hota hai. Kya kare koi advice dijiye.
What is symptoms of mouth cancer. I have a problem of mouth ulcer since last 2 years but not on one place it turns in full mouth so please tell me is it mouth cancer or any problem.
Canker sore is a kind of mouth ulcer or an open and painful sore. It is the most common and prominent type of mouth ulcer, which usually affect lips, inner cheeks or tongue. This a yellow or white spot surrounded by reddish sore. Canker sore can be either complex or simple. The common type of canker sore affects people between 10 to 20. Generally, canker sore develops in people who were previously attacked by it.
The symptoms of canker sores may include:
1. Large sores
2. An outbreak in sores
3. Excruciating pain
4. High fever
There can be many risk factors for canker sores. It may develop into a severe oral ulcer. Canker sores can also be triggered genetically. There are various causes of canker sores, which may include:
1. Viral infection
3. Hormonal fluctuations
4. Food allergy
5. Menstrual cycle
6. Mineral or vitamin deficiency
7. Immunity system problem
8. Mouth injury
Canker sores can cause difficulties in swallowing and chewing. Most of the canker sores need no treatment; they can heal on their own. There are many ways by which you can prevent canker sores, those may include:
1. Avoid some food items which can cause irritation in your mouth
2. Avoiding citrus foods like - lemon, orange, acidic vegetables and spicy fried foods
3. Avoiding problems through gum chewing
4. Brushing in a slow manner with soft-bristle tooth-brush
5. Brushing at least two times a day, especially after heavy meals
6. Drinking a lot of fluid
However, a canker sore heals on its own, without any treatment. Taking care of your oral health on a regular basis would rescue you from having canker sores. If you keep your mouth clean it would help you fight bacteria. Sometimes pain can become severe, and you might need some medications to cure your canker sores.
There are some ways through which you can treat your canker sore.
1. Antimicrobial mouth wash
2. Antibiotic medicines
3. Corticosteroid ointment
4. Prescribed mouthwash
5. You can gargle with salt and warm water
6. Orabase can also be used to create numbness
Sometimes canker sores can pop up for stress. If stress is the reason for your canker sore then some stress reduction methods like meditation, deep breathing and calming technique will help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have cavity in my teeth but it's minor what to use to remove the cavity and make. Teeth strong please help me out.
I am yogesh 20 year old, I want to take orthodontic treatment to do teeth straighten and space minimize. I don't know what are the best dentist around my landscape, need to know succintly about treatment.
1. Bite firmly on the gauze pads covering each extraction site for atleast 30 min to help stop the bleeding.
2. Do not rinse vigorously, suck on straws, smoke, drink alcohol or brush teeth next to the extraction site for 48 hours.
3. Do not forget to take the medicines as prescribed by the doctor.
4. If possible chew on the opposite side of your extraction site. Drink lots of liquids and eat soft, nutritious foods. Strictly avoid hard, hot food & drinks for first 24 hours.
5. Avoid excessive mouth opening, yawning, spitting etc
6. If bleeding continues, call your dentist.