Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja MehtaYour feedback matters!
I have something in my right thumb of foot it pains a lot sometimes from the day it starts now tell me please what it will be and I am using medicines also and tell me when I should use that medicine i.e after having tea, lunch or breakfast I should take these medicines.
Sir I am 44 year old and suffering from knee pain and bones pain and my all joints create sound so what I do?
I used to stand in kitchen for regular 3 hours fir cooking becoz I am living in joint family .becoz of work load I am having swelling in my feet and legs .is there any problem regarding to normal delivery I am 9 month pregnant I am having 15 days only and my room is also uostairs so just becoz of walking too much I am having swelling in my legs .will it cause any problem in my normal delivery. Pls suggest and today my feet are paining lil .after completing my work I used to sit .but it is not going.
I suffer from serious pain in my left hip near to the position of pancreas from few previous months so what I shall do give me a beneficial suggestion ?
Meri per ki aediyon mein bahaut dard hota hai. Dard ko thik karne ke kya upaye hai ? Please mujhe bataye.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.