Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja MehtaYour feedback matters!
Hi, Good morning Saturday I did squat exercise, after next day onwards I had upper thigh pain, not able to walk, while sitting.
My pain in neck area at particularly one point in middle of neck right side and also it spread in shoulder blades.
I am Having Hernia and consulted from my Local doctor, He Gave Me Some Medicine but Still the pain inside is Not Fixed it pains whenever I Use to Pull or push Heavy Loads. What should be Done.
I contacted chikungunya on the 16th of August & was cured after about 10 days except the debilitating pain that has literally increased with time in place of reducing. Pain is in the wrists, ankles, hands, feet & other joints. Why this pain & how to get rid of the same? How much time can it take?
I am 50 year old .Since past few months my arms are paining. I got the the x ray for the same. The report did not show any defect. I am taking medicines prescribed by the doctor. But when I am not taking medicine my hands are again paining, that means I am dependent on medicines. How to get rid of the same.
I have been diagnosed with lumbar sacralization of l5. There is deep pain in left sacro iliac joint radiating to legs and hip. Both sides are involved. Left side is worse. Have history of 13-16 hr sitting at job for 4 years. Back muscles are very weak. Unable to stand for 5 mins even. Pain in both legs due to weakness. Unbearable pain since 8-9 months. Please help!
Dear doctor, I am suffering from Plantar fasciitis since six months. In the early hours I am unable to walk for some time. Pl suggest proper exercises and medicines. ----.Knsastry, Aged 62. Male and no other problems. Thanks --. Rgds.
My wife has a pain in leg ankles sometime this area will swell up, please provide a suggestion and tr eatment.
I have a muscular pain in my right middle deltoid which goes down from triceps till forearms. I experience palpations in my deltoids, forearms. There is no strength in my arm and slight deformity in the way deltoids hold my arm. I think its a muscular tear but taking a lot of time. 5 days now. I am an intense gym goer and lift heavy. Please suggest something which could help me recover of this tear or injury as soon as possible. Thanks.
The musculoskeletal structure of your body is what enables you do any physical movement. The bones provide the solid structure while the muscles provide the strength and agility for all the necessary movements. However, muscles can be affected either due to internal problems within the body or due to wear and tear. Pain in the muscles can be quite debilitating and problematic.
Some of the more common methods to treat and deal with muscle pain are mentioned below.
- Correct electrolyte imbalances in your daily food intake: Electrolytes are important minerals required in your body such as potassium or magnesium. A lack of these minerals within the body will cause muscle pain including cramps and spasms. These could be caused due to:
- Proper stretching and massaging your muscles: You should get into a habit of properly warming up and cooling down before and after exercising as this will allow the muscles to get into optimal physical condition. If you suddenly start exercising, it may damage them and cause immediate pain or may develop into chronic pain over time. The best way to correct this imbalance is to include foods in your diet which contain these minerals, such as bananas for potassium, organic meat for potassium and magnesium, organic eggs, and legumes.
- Start exercising if you aren’t doing it regularly: Muscle pain may occur due to atrophy or weakening of the muscles. Bad habits and posture overtime will also result in muscle pain and the best way to strengthen them is to start exercising and stretching them slowly. Once they are strong enough, some of the muscle pain issues will go away on their own.
- Correcting bad posture: Bad posture is another culprit for muscle pain. Especially common with sedentary jobs behind a desk postures tend to deteriorate overtime and cause, muscle pain. Thus along with exercising, try to change your posture and correct any bad habit that may have crept in.
- Stay hydrated: Dehydration is another common cause for muscle pain especially from muscle spasms or cramps. Ensure that you are properly hydrated throughout the day to avoid pain from spasms.
- Use either hot or cold therapy: You can use ice packs or hot water packs to soothe muscle pain depending on the type of causes. For example, throbbing muscle pain and spasms can be relaxed through warm compress while inflammations can be soothed by icepacks.
- Medications: In certain disorders of the body such as fibromyalgia, you will need to take specialized medications in order to correct the problem. For excessive and chronic pain, you should visit your doctor as it may require more extensive treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.