Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. pooja bhedaYour feedback matters!
An abscessed tooth is an infection caused by tooth decay, periodontal disease or a cracked tooth. These problems can let bacteria enter the pulp (the soft tissue of a tooth that contains nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue) and can lead to pulp death. When pus builds up at the root tip in the jaw bone, it forms a pus-pocket called an abscess. If the abscess is not treated, it can lead to a serious infection in the jaw bone, teeth and surrounding tissues.
Symptoms of an abscess include:
Redness in the gums
Bad taste in the mouth
An abscessed tooth can be treated with various treatments, depending on the severity of the infection. Here are some of the treatment methods that may be considered.
Antibiotics, to destroy the bacteria causing the infection
Drainage of the infection
Cleaning the space between the tooth and the gum if the cause is from gum disease
Root canal treatment if the abscess is caused by decay or a cracked tooth
Following good oral hygiene practices and routine dental exams will significantly reduce your risk of developing a tooth abscess. If your teeth experience trauma (become loosened or chipped), see your dentist as soon as possible:
My father' s do biopsy of mouth near lips Histopathology report result shown opinion" verrucous hyperplasia" Adv: co2 laser wide excision to R/of. Verrucous carcinoma I want to ask that 1) It' s cancer or not 2) which type of operation is best for this
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking, but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
When you clean your tongue properly, you enhance your sense of taste and bid adieu to a host of oral health problems. Here are some handy tips on taking care of your tongue:
- Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
- Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
- After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while, as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
- A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
- Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
- Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
- Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water that is 10-12 glasses a day is vital.
Related Tip: "5 Reasons To Get Regular Dental Cleaning"
I am 23 years old male. I have a problem with my teeth. There are black spot in my teeth. So what can I do? please tell me.
Taking a good meal before the Root Canal Treatment is advised as the process can take as long as three hours in some cases.
I m having this tooth pain from last 2 days I don't wanna go to dentist as whneva I go thr the doc asks me for rct already done 5 rct now I dnt want to go for ny more rct:(this pain I feel is cs the molar is comin out idk please help what to do?
Dental implants are basically replacing your teeth roots. In dental implants anchors are used which are actually a cylindrical screw like object. This is put in your lower and upper jaw bones through surgery and they work like stable bases for artificially replaced teeth. (Learn how to Avoid Yellowing of Teeth)
Dental implants can be of many types and the types of implants vary on the method of surgery.
Some prominent types of dental implants are:
Endosteal: In this method screws, blades or cylinders are surgically inserted in the jawbone. Every implant can hold one or more artificial teeth.
Subperiosteal: Through this process, artificial teeth are on the top of a jawbone by a metal framework. People who cannot wear artificial dentures and have a short bone height prefer this method.
Dental implants come with many advantages, some of the advantages may include:
Improved Appearance: Surgically implanted teeth feels like your own teeth, at the same time they also look better.
Improved Speech: With badly fitted dentures (learn more about regular care for dentures) you have chances to slur or mumble your words but with dental implants, it is easier to speak.
Improved Comforts: Dental implants are very comfortable; you will not find any difference with your own teeth.
Comfortable Eating: As it feels like your own teeth, you find no difficulty whilst chewing, and you can always enjoy your favourite food.
Improved Confidence: After dental implants, you will smile lot more than before and that will happen because of your regained self-esteem.
Durability: Dental implants last many years and if you take good care then it can last for your lifetime. Sometimes people choose dental implants for its durability.
Convenience: Although this process lasts for a very long time, you can replace it or change it anytime you feel like you are having any problem regarding it.
There are also some different processes through which dental implants can be done. It depends on your problems and needs.
Some processes may include:
Replacing one single tooth: if your one tooth is missing then one crown and one implant would be enough.
Replacing many teeth: if you are having problems with several teeth, then a full bridge of dentures can be used.
Replacing all your teeth: if it is needed then all your teeth can be replaced.
Sinus Augmentation: this one is a little difficult process, it helps to develop bones for dental implants. It also develops the quality of your bone.
Dental implants are very successful now. It is durable and good looking. After the implant the artificial teeth feels like your own teeth and it is very easy to handle.