Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Piyush NaikYour feedback matters!
I am little healthier so I am having lumps on my thigh area and on stomach and back how can I remove those lumps and look more beautiful.
Hello sir/madam my face is fair but my body is dark so, suggest me some home remedies to get fair complexion of my body too.
I have a severe condition of fissures. And what you call in layman terms as modes on the outside of the anal opening. Doctors recommending surgery. I am working and mother of two. In case of surgery which are the best options in Mumbai and the best places o get it done. Also, what is the recovery time of these surgeries and approximate cost of the procedure.
I AM male 34 years Old . I have one question is since two month I have been noticed that my under the eye has Black circle.
I am suffering from skin problem and this problem increasing day by day but not relief. Tell me solution of this problem.
I got my face color black after using an ointment namely SKINSHINE please send me how can make my face attractive with glow.
I have pigmentation all over my face. How can I cure it. It's safe to use hydroquinone forte (5%), over the counter without medical supervision. I was advice to. I really need to get rid of this pigments and rejuvenate my facial skin. Thanks.
Hi I am bintu zaya from new delhi am twenty four year old I have problem with my face as my face is so oily what to do please suggest me.
I am 21 I have pigmentation problem around face and neck and my skin is dull and rough what should I do.
Hi Actually my neck is black I want to look it very fair (white). What should I do to look it fair in just 15 days.
Colorectal surgery is the broad term for surgical procedures performed on the colon, the rectum and the anus. There are various different surgical procedures which fall under colorectal surgery and these are used to treat a vast array of disorders, such as:
- Anal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Severe complications related to constipation
- Anal injuries
- Inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Congenital defects
- Procedures: The surgeries under colorectal surgery are performed after diagnostic tests such as proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and defecating proctography. The most common diagnostic test is colonoscopy. These help to identify the origin and nature of the problem and decide which surgical procedure is to be followed. The procedures under colorectal surgery are as follows:
- Colectomy: This procedure involves removal of a section of the large intestine. This is known as partial colectomy. In extreme cases, such as advanced cancer or severe gastrointestinal infection, the entire colon is removed and this is called total colectomy. Sometimes, the rectum is also taken out along with the colon and this is called proctocolectomy.
- Colonic polypectomy: An abnormal growth of tissues in the inner lining of an organ is known as a polyp. Colonic polypectomy is done to eliminate polyps from the colon and rectum before they become malignant. This can be done endoscopically. Surgery is required in case of large polyps.
- Strictureplasty: Chronic or repeated bowel inflammation causes scar tissue to accumulate in the large intestine. This results in the narrowing of the colon. Stricturoplasty removes the scar tissue so that proper flow of digestive contents is resumed.
- Colostomy or Ileostomy: A damaged section of the colon is removed and the shortened intestine is then attached to another opening (stoma) in the anterior wall of the abdomen.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical process is used for swollen hemorrhoids or blood vessels, which form in the anal canal. Hemorrhoidectomy is extremely effective in removing hemorrhoids, but the surgery also involves a number of complications.
- Anoplasty: Anoplasty or imperforate anus correction is done to correct birth defects in the rectum and the anus. The structural flaw does not allow the stool to pass properly from the rectum and so it is repaired through surgery.
Related Tip: "Colorectal Surgery: How To Be Sure You Really Need It"