Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Piyush GoyalYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/ mam, My wife is 25 years old. It's been 6 months for our marriage. My concern is about my wife. Actually she feels pain in near area of heart and also on right side of chest. Pain is deep inside. Once she feels the pain in the chest, after some time she omits the blood. I'm very worried about the same and consulted from experts but still she faces same problem. Please provide me solution. I really need it. Important points: 1. She had eaten 6 tablets of nitrovate 4 years before, and on next day she had omitted blood first time. 2. Whenever we get into arguments, even if it is too small, she feels heart pain, and later on blood omitting. 3. She is now pregnant of 3 months.
Nipple discharge is a common part of breast functioning, which normally occurs during breast-feeding or pregnancy. It is often associated with the changes of menstrual hormone. The milky discharge post breast-feeding usually continues for up to two years after stopping nursing. The condition normally gets resolved on its own but if the situation persists for a long time resort to medical assistance.
The following are some of the causes of normal nipple discharge:
- Stimulation: Normal nipple discharge can arise due to stimulation; chafing of your breast skin due to tight bras or vigorous exercises.
- Pregnancy: Most women tend to witness clear nipple discharge in the early stages of their pregnancy. Towards the later stages, this discharge usually turns watery and becomes milky in color
- Stopped Breast-feeding: In some cases, nipple discharge continues for some time after the mother has stopped breast-feeding her newborn
- Hormonal Imbalance: Some women notice tenderness in breasts and nipple discharge during their menstrual cycle
What is an abnormal nipple discharge?
An abnormal nipple discharge is usually bloody in color and is accompanied with tenderness of the breast. Papilloma is a non-cancerous tumor that is often responsible for bloody nipple discharge. Continuous nipple discharge from one of the breasts or nipple discharge that arises without any stimulation or external irritation is abnormal in nature.
The possible causes of abnormal nipple discharge include:
1. Abscess- It is an assortment of pus that get accumulated within the tissues of your body. It is usually accompanied by redness, pain and swelling. Boils and carbuncles are types of abscess. Formation of abscess in breasts may result in nipple discharge.
2. Breast cancer- Breast cancer often results in bloody nipple discharge and is often found with a presence of lump in one of the breasts.
4. Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)- Normally characterized by the growth of cancerous cells in the milk ducts of your breasts, it is generally identified through mammography screening.
5. Fibroadenoma- In this situation most young women witness an appearance of solid, tumor like structure
6.Galactorrhea- Galactorrhea is nipple discharge of milk when not pregnant or breastfeeding. The discharge can vary in color and can be expressed from either or both breasts.
What Causes Galactorrhea?
Galactorrhea is commonly caused by hyperprolactinemia, especially when it is associated with amenorrhea. Hyperprolactinemia is most often induced by medication or associated with pituitary adenomas or other sellar or suprasellar lesions.
The release of prolactin from the pituitary is held in check by dopamine from the hypothalamus. Prolactin release is encouraged by serotonin and thyrotropin-releasing hormone. This balance can be disrupted by medication (ie. antipsychotics), underactive thyroid function, pituitary tumors, hypothalamic tumors, damage to the pituitary stalk, nipple stimulation, chest trauma, herpes zoster, and emotional stress as well as a variety of other factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Keto diet foods are very much in trend today. We at Live Life More Diet Clinic, have tried to suggest few Keto diets plans, especially keto diet for Indians, who are majorly vegetarians. These foods are the meal plans that set our body into the state of “ketosis”.
A diet with low carbohydrates, moderate proteins & high-fat content, has been proved to be very helpful in various conditions from epileptic treatment to anti-obesity or weight loss. It is believed that while on ketogenic or low-carb high-fat diet plan, our metabolism sets our body into the fat burning furnace, resulting in weight loss. More ketone bodies are produced which act as fuel for the brain and also improves the physical performance, thus, are used for athletes to provide them with more stamina for practice.
WHAT IS KETO DIET?
As it is also referred to be a low carb diet plan, thus, precisely, a diet routine using fats as a major source of energy for the body is called a ketogenic diet. There are a number of forms of KETO diets like Atkins, Paleo etc. But in strict sense to set the body in ketosis following must be the macro composition-
- Carbohydrates – 5 percent.
- Proteins – (20-25) percent.
- Fats – 70 percent.
Thus, for 1600 kcal KETO diet:
- Carbohydrates – 20 g/ day.
- Proteins – 80 g/ day.
- Fats – 130 g/ day.
How does KETO plan work as anti- obesity diet, which helps in weight loss?
KETO plan feeds lesser carbohydrates in a day.
- Using fat as a fuel, letting body enter the state of ketosis.
- Ketosis is breaking down of stored fat in the liver to produce energy. Thus, the stored fat will be used and you lose weight.
- As the fat will not be deposited in the body, you will become leaner and healthier.
- Finally, with a lesser fat deposit in the body, you will be saved from many other harmful conditions like heart diseases, diabetes, cholesterol levels etc.
KETOGENIC DIET AND WEIGHT LOSS
A number of times we scroll on the web in search of the food plan that can help us understand that what foods can be used in KETO plan. But mostly that we get into our vision are the products that we Indians are not using in our diets. So, here is a sample of some useful tips that can help you choose wisely from the variety of eatables to get benefitted by the Indianized KETO foods for vegetarians (as veg eaters consume more carbs then non- vegetarians).
GOOD DIET FOODS FOR KETO:
|Protein sources||Fat & oil sources||Low carbs
|Pumpkin, Chia Seeds||Coconut oil
|Tofu||Flax seed oil||Spinach||Hard full fat cheese||Avocado|
(whipped & sour)
|Pista, Cashew||Cocoa butter||Onion||Yogurt|
|Almond flour||Peanut oil||Tomato||Cream cheese|
|Soya flour||Ghee||Broccoli||Coconut butter|
Sample Keto Diet Meal Plan
- Paneer or Soya Patties -2.
- Tofu salad – Toss 3 cups of lettuce, crumbled tofu, tomato with 2 tbsp. Mayo.
- Yogurt with chia seeds.
- Strawberries smoothie with whipped cream.
- Baked broccoli & pepper with 2 tbsp. of olive oil with soya roti coated with ghee.
The heart is one part of your body that pumps blood relentlessly; to be grateful to the most important organ, it’s your duty to look after its health. Cardiovascular diseases and heart ailments can be prevented by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Add fiber to your diet: Making fiber a part of your regular diet is a great idea as the heart works best when it runs on natural fuel. You can achieve this by adding more raw fruits and vegetables in your meals as they are an excellent source of fiber and nutrients.
- Engage in physical activity: Your heart is a muscle and to make it healthier, you need some form of physical exercise. Engaging in cardiovascular forms of exercise for an hour daily keeps your heart in good condition. Engaging in physical activity also reduces the risk of getting a heart disease and acts as a stress buster.
- Cut down on the salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body leading to high blood pressure. This can affect the functioning of the heart; that is to pump blood, which is a major cause of a heart attack. So, cutting down on salt can reduce stress and the risks of heart attacks.
- Manage your weight: People on the overweight side run a risk of getting heart diseases more often than fit and leaner ones as they tend to be more inactive and sluggish. The heart diseases caused due to obesity can be avoided by making minor changes to your diet and exercising on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, quitting is the best thing you can do for your heart. The main reason for coronary heart diseases is nicotine present in the cigarette. Once, you quit smoking completely, you will be 50% less likely to run the risks of a heart attack as compared to a regular smoker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Is there any chance to effect on stitches as increase the baby weight by close to the delivery time if I continue second pregnancy after 11 months (Caesarian with LSCS stitches)?
Usually my periods lasts five days but this month I was bleeding for more than 5 days and I visited doctor on 10th day. Doctor gave me tablet called ETOSYS and asked me to take that for 4 days in the morning n evening and get back of the flow didn't stop. As it didn't stop I went back and had a pelvic scan and was diagnosed with PCOD. Doctor gave me a tablet called DEVIRY 10 mg and she told me to take that for `15 days only in the night it's already been 6 days since I started taking deviry I am still bleeding and bleeding heavily. She told me to take the tablets even if the bleeding stops n stop taking after 15 days n I should again get my periods after 2nd day of stopping the in take of deviry. My question is that, why m I still bleeding even after taking deviry for 6 days already. My total period days counts to 20 days considering today. Kindly let me know if deviry can stop the bleeding or will I be bleeding for all 15 days. Or should I even take ETOSYS.
1. Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
2. Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains. Fiber is most widely known to relieve constipation. It also helps to prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes. Fiber lowers cholesterol and glucose levels, may lower your risk of developing hemorrhoids and may help you to lose weight as it takes a longer time to chew than does other foods because it makes you feel fuller for longer and is less “energy dense” which means it has fewer calories for the same volume of food.
3. Quinoa contains iron. Iron helps keep our red blood cells healthy and is the basis of hemoglobin formation. Iron carries oxygen from one cell to another and supplies oxygen to our muscles to aid in their contraction. Iron also increases brain function because the brain takes in about 20% of our blood oxygen. There are many benefits of iron some more of which include neurotransmitter synthesis, regulation of body temperature, aids enzyme activity and energy metabolism.
4. Quinoa contains lysine. Lysine is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair.
5. Quinoa is rich in magnesium. Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels and thereby to alleviate migraines. Magnesium also may reduce type 2 diabetes by promoting healthy blood sugar control. Other health benefits of magnesium include transmission of nerve impulses, body temperature regulation, detoxification, energy production, and the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
6. Quinoa is high in riboflavin (b2). B2 improves energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells and is known to help create proper energy production in cells.
7. Quinoa has a high content of manganese. Manganese is an antioxidant, which helps to prevent damage of mitochondria during energy production as well as to protect red blood cells and other cells from injury by free radicals.
Hii doctors, I am 23, and 15 weeks pregnant today. From last 8 to 10 days I am having severe headaches mostly at night before going to bed. My blood pressure remains 110/70. In last 10 days it has only jumped twice from 110/70 to 130/90 or 140/90. Please suggest what to do as I this pain is not bearable. Feels like something will come out of my head. It pains from both sides and in middle also. Is this common during pregnancy? What can I do to get some relief?
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients.
Do you remember the last time you had a searing knee pain in the middle of your morning run? It was probably because you did not warm up properly. The incidence of injuries in various sports has gone up in the recent times, and it is mostly due to the lack of proper warm up exercises. However, other factors come into play as well, such as the pressure of increased workload on the current batch of athletes, missing a trick or two with the proper technique to be followed, etc.
In order to reduce the risk of an injury, it is advised to follow these simple tips:
Set realistic goals for yourself: Don’t go overboard with anything that includes repetitively stressing and straining your body over a certain degree. If you are planning to go for a run or hit to the gym, make sure you set goals that you can sustain and find feasible. One example of this would be to not increase the amount of weight drastically while lifting weights as it can lead to serious injuries.
Follow the right technique: Proper technique is very important in sports, a lack of which can lead to injuries. Ask your trainer to observe your form when you perform any activity. Focus on your breathing and posture when you are exercising.
Warm up before you begin exercising: Warming up before you exercise or play a sport is important as it helps loosen your muscles and boost blood circulation. It drastically reduces the risks of sustaining injuries, and also prepares your body for the subsequent exercise.
Cool down: Similar to an essential warm up is the need to cool down; it is another aspect that should not be ignored. Cooling down usually consists of stretches and postures that promote flexibility. The muscles become sore after working out. Stretching can help reduce post workout pain and make the joints flexible. Cooling down also helps in eliminating lactic acid from the muscles, which means less pain after exercise.
Listen to your body: During an activity, if you feel that you can no longer carry on, terminate the activity. The chances of injury rise if you continue to push your body over your threshold limit. If you think that you can no longer carry on doing something without risking an injury, avoid doing it altogether. Listen to your body, and it shall never fail you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Wear a bandana to bed.
Make a sticker chart.
Reward yourself after several days (or hours) of being pull free.
Be patient with yourself.
Join a support group.
Talk to another person with Trichotillomania.
Wet down your hair.
Learn what your body needs instead of pulling.