Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Piyush AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My baby child age of 22 months one day suddenly unable to sit and next day unable to easy walk, then next day walking was very difficult .with in three day her legs not much the ground. Nerve condition study was normal. Then doctor suspect GBS decease. Then given IVIG dose for 4 days. After 3 days no improved in health. Can you help me.
My baby is 2.6 years old but she is under weight of 8 k gs. So needs to improve my baby weight with healthy food.
Sir my son has one problem. He is 7 years old. He always going motion in his pant in lightly. Weekly once I gave dulcolax tab then only he go to toilet. He has this problem last four months but I don't have any worry about that. Now last one month he lost more weight and he don't like to eat anything. So I was scared about him. What's the reason for that.
My son is 5 years old. Frequently he get cold when season changes or when ice creams taken. Recently he got eye allergy and found long site problem. Suggest for further for reducing this problem.
My Son 4.5 years old how to get rid of his bedwetting problem. Please suggest how to stop bed wetting. Is it dangerous if not cured?
I have given painless pentaxim vaccine once to my 2 month baby boy after that I have given him painful pentavac vaccine. Will there be any reaction by changing the vaccines? Is it safe?
For 2 years 6th child is it bad for her to drink 1 1/2 lit milk per day. Does it develop kidney stones even gallbladder.
I am having a 3 years old daughter, who was recently admitted to Hospital due to Nonobstructive refluxassociated chronic pyelonephritis. The doctors have given medicine and regular check up at intervals are being carried out also. But, even after so much of medication, we are unable to remove the constipation. Any suggestions on this issue as to how to resolve the problem.
My 2 year old girl child is 9.5 kg. Her birth weight is 1.945 kg. Is it okay with her. Please help me with a good diet plan for her.
My son is 6 years old (class 2 student) and he does not note down any thing from school black board but he is fine to write if someone dictate the text (though he take lot of time than others in writing that too) he has eye sight problem and wearing specs as suggested by eye specialist. He is fine in learning things and good in maths and other subject other than writing problem. He has some problem in motor skills too. Please advise.
My daughter -in-law 14 months baby was suffering from motions. She was crying too much while motioning. What to do sir/medium. Thank you.
My son is entering middle school in the fall. What advice can I give him if he finds himself on the receiving end of cyberbullying?
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.