Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Piya Ballani ThakkarYour feedback matters!
How to control the sugar and blood pressure? This Problem create to any days. And how to utilized the body fitness and weight loss?
I am a 27 years girl having thyroid problem and my weight is 71 kg. Kindly suggest me how can I reduce it.
My age is 24 yr. 1.5 years back. I was a victim of T.B .and I used medicine to get rid of it. But later I found uric acid is increasing in my body. I HV taken medicine. It decreased. But later again it started increasing in the body. And the doctors told that you HV to take medicine regularly for that. May I know why uric acid is increasing in my blood. What wrong I HV done in taking medicine?
My father is 76 years old. He is suffering from diabetes since last 10 years. But for first 5 years he controlled his diabetes by by changing the food habit and kept it within normal. But after that he had to take medications. But since last 1 year his createnin levels developed slightly to 1.5 and later on to 1.7. So doctor changed the medicine and gave trajenta. But his creatnin level reduced slightly to 1.6. But before seven days his createnin levels become 1.7. So doctor started insulin of. But sugar level did not reduce. So he increased the dose to 28. Please advise for the safety of the kidney of my father and to check the sugar level in a proper way so the the overall health of my father will be maintained.
I am 61 yrs old male. I am having type 2 diabetes (last 3yrs), hypo-thyroid (last 15yrs), enlarged liver, spleen and prostate, cataract (early stage), slight varicose on the left leg. Right now I am having Eltraxin 100 mg in the morning, Herbal medicines for Diabetes in the morning and evening, Bitter guard juice in the empty stomach, ginger and goose berry juice after food in the morning. My sugar level is between 130 to 150 (fasting) and the same after food and drugs. I do yoga, prayanama and meditation. I control my diet strictly; avoiding chicken and mutton. Yet I couldn't control my sugar level to 100. Kindly suggest me proper homeopathy medicines for the above clinical findings and oblige. Thank you.
Hi. My mother is diabetic and she takes insulin. Doctor has mentioned that her night dinner gets heavy and so morning sugar level is high. Can you please suggest food options. What all kinds of corn flakes and oats brand a can a diabetic patient eat.
From past few month I have been diagnosed with thyroid, having tsh reading of 9.8. I had been given thyronorm 25 and am taking it regularly, but I still feel lazy, I sleep a lot as in am not able to get up early in the morning, not interested in any activities, constipation is also there, and am gaining weight. Can you please suggest what I need to do to completely get rid out of this and I need to shed down my weight. Please suggest me.
My uric Acid Test is 7.64 I have Red and white pocks on my toilet portion, itching on my skin area, pain in nails please help me and give me best advice please tell me what is my problem.
My father age is 55. He goes toilet every night at midnight even he is shivering with cold. He thinks its diabetes also very bad smell is obervse sometimes in toilet and his health is going down by down his weight is nowdays around 60. He has a problem of critinine sugar so he has do all blood tests sugar critinine his reports are normal so he again do his tests again reports are normal now can't understand what's the reason. Why health is going down after reports are normal. I want to know the symptoms of sugar remedies causes of critinine remedy of critinine and also want to know food diet for such type and also age factor so I want to know diet for such so that his weight n health can be good day by day. Want some good advice suggestions honestly.
Helloo doctors.. My father have diabetes problem. N one day ago blood sugar chekup repot is very high. 353. How to control blood sugar?
Hi. I have hypothyroidism. I am gaining weight continuously. Whenever I am trying to do some exercise I feel fatigue n my body is very tired even if I use stairs from ground to second floor. Please help me through diet how can I reduce weight n let me know abt green coffee also.
My name is sonal I have thyroid t3 is 2.57 t4 is 0.93 tsh is 3.20 is normal but TPO level is 688.8 and TG is 155.4 and I have obesity problem my weight is 96 I keep on increasing even I have cholesterol problem so pls suggest good diet and do's and don't for the said.
Hb is 6.4 and tsh is 8.1.she is an asthmatic too Advised for some. Injections for increasing hb is that good. Or blood transfusion is better.
My friend is diagnosed as diabetic at the age of 27. Is it possible to have diabetes at this age. If yes, What care should be taken?
My husband was a thyroid cancer patient (pappilary carcinoma). He was undergone thyroid gland removal surgery on 2013 september. And then radiation two times for the complete removal of the gland parts which cant be done by surgery. Now his doctor says he has completely recovered and the scanning report also shows this. He is fine now. Some days ago I had read a story of another cancer patient through facebook. She had lymph node cancer and doctor suggested her chemotherapy. She says that she recommend patients radiation not to be done. Radiation may cause some other cancer in the future. Is this true? I m tensed after reading this. My husband had undergone radiation treatment two time in regional cancer centre, trivandrum. Is there any chance to cause some other cancer in future due to radiation?
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.