Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pinto
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. PintoYour feedback matters!
I am a 34 years old male and have pain in heart for last 1.6 yrs. Now in a days (mostly pain in heart down side approx 10 hrs per day slowely pain and suddenly create in mid in heart for 5 to 10 minute per day not easy pain) and I feel painfull breathing, feel pain in heart in heart. I checkup ecg but not any problem found? what should I do?
Hi I want to know are Ayurvedic medicines are effective for the treatment of 1) Hyponatremia 2) degenerative LBBB with hypertensive heart disease. It is for my mother who is 98 years old. Sodium is administered by way of injection or tablets. If we stop it the sodium level drops down. Please advise alternative method to treat her.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Actually my BP is fluctuating to 140/90 and 150/92 and 110/70 in the consequence days so what is the problem and shall I go for daily tablets m!
An unhealthy diet is an absolute no in daily life to remain healthy, fit and without any disease. Unhealthy diets fail to give the body the correct amounts and varieties of proteins and nutrients for a maximum proper health.
Too many intakes of calories lead to an unhealthy diet, which also increases blood pressure. It leads to a very poor calorie ratio-to-nutrient that leads to gain weight and also leads to malnutrition along with various health problems. Unhealthy diets cause chronic disease, hypertension, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease.
Therefore, unhealthy eating habits should be avoided and strongly abandoned.
Why Avoid Unhealthy Diet?
- It causes obesity. Increased intake of nutrient-dense foods like fruits, sugar, processed carbohydrates and animal fat leads to obesity.
- Nutrient deficiency is another harmful effect of following an unhealthy diet.
- Illness is another factor. Poor intake of nutrition leads to diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Lack of calcium weakens the bones, lack of vitamin A and C suppress the body immune system leaving a person vulnerable to diseases.
- Increases the risk of coronary artery disease as unhealthy diet contributes to building up of plaque in the coronary arteries which can cause heart attacks.
Coronary Heart Disease - A Serious Issue!
It is a disease which leads to plaque building inside the coronary arteries, which supply rich oxygen blood to the human heart muscle. Over time the plaques either hardened or get ruptured and hardened plaque restricts the coronary arteries, which reduce the oxygen flow to the heart. On the other hand, if the plaque is ruptured blood is formed on its surface which also narrows the coronary artery and restricts the blood flow. And if the blood flow is blocked or reduced, then it might lead to Angina and heart attacks leading to loss of life. Angina causes chest pain it can also cause pain in the neck, back or arms. It is a state where one gets a feeling of indigestion.
Changes in lifestyle, eating habits, intake of medicines and its procedures helps to prevent this disease. These steps can also reduce the chances of health problems. Therefore, a proper healthy diet is a must in a person’s routine because it serves as one of the links to coronary heart diseases. In order to live long, live healthily and live happily one needs to adopt a good eating habit, take care of the medicines they intake, certain input time of exercise, change the monotonous lifestyle to lessen down the chances of their occurrence. Adopting healthy food habits also enables the body to fight against diseases and infections, reducing the rate of illness. It also reduces stress and provides a good healthy and happy life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!