Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Pinky OberoiYour feedback matters!
I have rct done and implant placed in lower right posterior 7. As there is less space for crown the dentist cut some part of gums and place implant. I have very much pain after 2 days. Of treatment. Please suggest? will pain subsidies? after how many days?
Hi sir, I have a problem in my mouth I am not able to eat anything and these problem occurs constantly please suggest me any medicine which help me I consult such problems to many doctor but till now I do not get any relief I have a problem in my stomach also it gets very rigid after eating something please help me sir can you please suggest me any medicine which will help me in short mere mouth me chale hai jo mujhe constantly pareshan kar rahe hai.
I have yellow teeth, how to remove the yellow spots of teeth, some people say is it possible with some good treatment pleas suggest me what can I do?
Hello Doctor my self rajesh I am 35 year old man I have cavity and yellow teeth problem last 2 month and sensitivity problem what should I do please tell me.
I am 23 year male, I have problem of black spot at the base of front 2 tooth, I don't use to smoke or chew any thing. I tried a lot to remove it, but didn't work. I should I do?
Want to know the cost of root canaling and crown treatment per teeth and times it takes to complete the process.
My tongue turns black some times and is whitish most of the times? I clean it regularly with tongue cleaner. Why do I some times have black tongue? My tongue is not smooth surface all over, it has kind of small not considerable grooves, and turns whitish most of the times.
Does usage of Whitening toothpaste results sensitivity? If yes, what's optimal period of using them?
I have bad breathing problem. I tried my level best to get rid of it but this is still existing. Its quite irritating.
I have problem with my teeth sensitivity, tried so many tooth paste but it didn't help me at all, I wish I can eat ice crams too:(
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.