Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Phiroza VenkataramanYour feedback matters!
Dental implants are generally identified as substitutes for tooth roots. Besides, replacing damaged or decayed teeth, implants also provide a strong foundation for both permanent as well as removable replacement teeth.
There are loads of advantages of dental implants:
- Better overall appearance of teeth, since they are made to fuse with the bone
- Unlike removable dentures, implants are much more comforting as well as convenient
- Higher self-esteem as you will feel better about yourself
- Improved speech quality in the long run
- Eating becomes comparatively easier with implants rather than sliding dentures, because they function like your own teeth
- Improved oral health
- Good durability (can even last a lifetime if taken good care of)
Generally, dental implants have a very impressive success rate (up to 98%). This can differ, however, based on the placement of the implants.
Who can go for dental implants?
- Patients must have healthy gums
- Must have sufficient bone strength to hold the implants in place
- Must be dedicated to maintaining good oral hygiene
- Must visit dentist regularly
There are many steps involved in getting an implant:
- An individualized treatment plan, addressing all your specific needs and prepared by a team of professionals, well versed in oral surgery and restorative dentistry
- Placement of the tooth root implant into the bone socket of the missing tooth
- Attachment of a small connector post known as an abutment, which securely keeps the new tooth intact
- Attachment of a crown (the replacement tooth) to the abutment
The operation is normally administered under a local anesthesia. The whole process is not harmful at all, to say the least, and people have reported that a normal tooth extraction cause much more pain than a dental implant operation.
Related Tip: "Why You Must Not Delay Getting Your Dental Implants?"
Dry mouth or Xerostomia is characterized by the drying of the mouth as a result of reduced saliva secretion. Secretion of an adequate amount of saliva helps in chewing & swallowing of food which in turn creates a healthy oral cavity. A recent study showed that women have more chances of getting a dry mouth as compared to men. If not diagnosed on time, dry mouth might lead to mouth infections, severe damage to the teeth enamel and gingivitis.
The symptoms of dry mouth include, but are not limited to:
- Craving for water in regular intervals.
- Swollen tongue.
- Dry eye.
- Significant trouble while swallowing, speaking or chewing along with disturbing bad breath.
- Severe headaches and formations of ulcers in the mouth
1. This condition might occur as a side effect of:
a. Other serious conditions such as GERD, Alzheimer's disease, HIV/AIDS etc.
b. Side effects of medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy; this might result in significant damage to the salivary glands.
c. Side effects of drugs prescribed for diarrhea, nausea, asthma, obesity, depression, Parkinson's disease etc.
2. Abnormal consumption of marijuana, crystal methamphetamine and tobacco might cause dry mouth.
3. It can occur during pregnancy and breastfeeding, dry mouth can be a common occurrence because of acute dehydration.
4. Sleep apnea, snoring and breathing through your mouth instead of the nose on a daily basis might induce dry mouth.
5. Severe damage to the nerves might result in dry mouth conditions.
- A healthy amount of water consumption, about 3 liters every day, will help to keep the mouth wet.
- Application of toothpaste and mouthwashes containing fluoride twice a day will help to keep the mouth moist.
- You should change the dosages of medicines after consulting your doctor if Xerostomia is primarily occurring as a result of side effect of the drugs.
- Prescribed dosage of medicines such as "Pilocarpine" might induce increased saliva secretion.
- Try breathing through the nose instead of your mouth to avoid Xerostomia.
I use to consume pan masala from so long and now my jaw teeths are all red and yellow. I want to get rid of them please suggest.
Hi. my Age 26. Mere danto me binch me gap as chuki he. Upri jabde me santo me kafi space he. Koi solution jo ki best ho.
I am 24 year old men suffering gum issue like pieria. Also have deep gap between teeth. What should I do. It was examined by dentist before 6 months they suggest me that you should take vitamin c, regular use mouth washer. But even though cautious bleeding.
avoid carbonated drinks (gas), and if consumed atleast avoid it at night times because they acid containing and helps germs to attack tooth more easily. follow this and have a healthy teeth and smile, TAKE CARE.