Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Payal DoshiYour feedback matters!
I work in pharma in production department where powder is used. While working with powder my eyes goes to red what can I do for this and what is the problem.
Sir, I am 19 year old and I am wearing sceptics from 7 years and my eyes no. Become fixed from 4 years and I want too fix my eyes by any means. My eyes no. Is -2.50 left and -2.25 right.
I am 18 years old and I have high power spectacles and it is still increasing. So how can I control the increasing power?
I have high power glasses, I want to laser eye surgery but I worried about surgery. Is it good to do lesser surgery?
My age is 24, height is 5.6 inches but weight is just 48 kg. I do not have any physical effort in my job or at home. I have tried endura mass (but not with daily banana and milk) And I am seeing no effect. Please suggest some best without any harm.
Eye sight in right eye is less than the left eye. How to restore without undergoing an operation. I am 64 years old.Heart patient with three sten.
Hi. I am 29 years old, my eyesight is blur when ever I look something at a distance. I kindly request you to help me with my problem. Thanking you.
His eyes become so weak he can not se the object clearly in long distance so please give me a better exercise which is useful for me to increase my eye vision.
I have eye sight 2.5 which is long sight. How to loose my spectacles. How to reduce my sight help me.
Sir I have some problem in my eye or retina its so painful come and cure me. Other ways I will gone.
The best medicines and vegetables and fruits to beat eye problem like minus power and squint to my daughter of 3 years old.
When the eye does not produce the required amount of tears, a condition called dry eyes may emanate. This condition may cause stinging, pain, itching, redness and a host of other symptoms that make normal vision a temporary problem. Also, one might experience difficulty in wearing contact lenses and may feel as if there is are particles trapped within the eyes. Night time driving and facing glares of light also becomes difficult in such cases. Cases where the symptoms have been going on for a prolonged period, must be referred to an ophthalmologist so as to get the correct treatment.
Let us find out the various types of treatment for this condition:
- Medication: A variety of drugs and medication can be used to bring down the inflammation which is the basic cause behind the lack of tears and oil secretion along the edge of the eye, which leads to poor lubrication of the eyes. Oral antibiotics can take care of any underlying infection that may have led to this condition while eye drops and ointments can be used to bring down the swelling.
- Corneal Inflammation: Many times, the cornea may face inflammation which can be fixed with the help of eye drops that work by releasing their immune suppressing element. These eye drops may contain cyclosporine or corticosteroids which can help in fixing this kind of swelling. One important thing to remember is that these corticosteroids are not good for long term use.
- Eye Inserts for Artificial Tears: A tiny eye insert can be used to create artificial tears in case your condition goes from mild to moderate and is not too severe. This eye insert resembles a miniscule grain or rice and usually dissolves gradually to release an eye drop like substance in the eye.
- Tear Stimulators: This kind of medication like Cholinergics, helps in tear production. These are available as pills, drops and ointments.
- Surgical Procedures: From closing your ducts for bringing down tear loss to using special contact lenses specially designed for people who are suffering from dry eyes and unblocking the oil glands, there are a number of surgical procedures that one can use for fixing this problem.
- Home Remedies: One can also make use of some home remedies in order to combat dry eyes. The use of a warm washcloth for a few minutes every day can stimulate the tear ducts and oil glands, while a mild soap for the eyelids can also remove the particles clogging the eyelids.
Speak with an ophthalmologist about the various options that one can use in order to fix this problem depending on the severity of your case.
If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.