Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pawan KumarYour feedback matters!
Winter is the worst season for Skin- flaking, itchiness, pimples, redness, dullness is usual and neglect of daily care can easily lead to habitual dehydration, with sensitive skins and red patches. But it is so difficult to care for skin in winters with chilling cold, numb fingers, freezing water. Keeping these factors in mind here are some tips-
Despite the cold do not forget drinking lots of water-preferably warm water
The glow is not superficial. Its deep. Make it a point to drink any one type of fresh fruit juice in the morning. Best pick- strawberry juice!
Apply few drops of warm olive/coconut/apricot/almond oil on face, soles and navel at bedtime for great detox!
I was it a very fair skin tone when I was young but as I grew up I missed to protect my skin and got huge damage from sun and pollution during my school days and now I don't know how to get back my original skin tone. Please help.
My skin has become dry. Which night cream cream should I apply for dry skin and get fairness. please also suggest home remedies for it.
Dr. I am average colour girl. Nowadays my skin getting dark. When I go outside. I am so conscious about my beauty.
I am 28 years female, I am felling the slight dark circle under my eye, I am staying in pg, kindly suggest me some ease home remedies to stop it.
Is air-conditioning bad for our skin? How It Affects our Skin? Any health problems associated with air condition? please tell about risks and benefits?
Dear sir. Meri ek common problems he Mere face pe pichhle 1-2 years se pimples he. Lekin abhi tak WO puri Torah nhi gaye he. Aur Market me available cream use Karne se muze dar lagta he ki uska side effects na ho. Sir muze plzzz eise cream ka naam bataye Jo ki pimples remove kare without side effect please ans.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.