Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PavitraYour feedback matters!
Last month My knee got twisted while playing football.I have been going through ultra sound treat ment for last 10 days And doing that contraction- expansion exercise too. Now i feel little weakness on that particular part of knee and little pain if get a sudden jerk or some thing like that Now should go for jogging or else wat to do?
I am 32 years old man I have pain in my right hand for last two months. I have used different types of medicines but not get relief. What to do sir?
I am 24 years old. I am suffering from cold, swollen lymph nodes, salivary gland infection, dandruff, mainly cervical lymphadenopathy. I found it is mono nucleosis. Can you please give solution. I am suffering from six months.
I am 55 years facing diabetes, hair fall, skin eruptions, cholestrol little, backpain, and pain below neck, shoulders please suggest medicine.
I am having serious back ache issues from the past 2 months. I am very uncomfortable all the day. Please help.
I am a 18 years old man. I have a leg ache problem. When I stand or sit so much time, my legs are like a ice. I can't move my legs also I have very pain. What should I do?
My friend have a painful swelling in right leg with gradual onset. It is so painful that he cant walk properly. He also is a diabetic and hypertensive patient and is 55 years old. What should he do for it?
I have pain from past 6 days in my legs. what should I do more over it happens suddenly and cures itself?
My right leg ankle fractured on March 6th, Plaster removed on21st April. I am walking without any help. But there is pain in leg n ankle. There is a little bit of swelling around ankle. I want to know how long this pain will continue n when swelling will removed. After how many days I can walk n run painfree. I am not taking any medicine. What Shd I do?
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.