Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Pavan ShonarYour feedback matters!
I always feel jealous when I see people better than me and I always compare my face body with other people and then get depressed.please help me get rid of such thinking?
I am 43 years old male suffering from ocd from 10 years now my daughter 12 years old is affected by this disease please help me.
My genital area skin tone is too dark. Is there any remedy to get it lighter. I am feeling depressed.
Hi, This is about my mother she is 50 in age and had been diagnosed with thyroid around 2 year back after that she started taking medicine "Thyroxine Sodium Tablet-50 mg" and after few month it was in control but that 1 year back while she was still on thyroid medicine she had started having tremors in her right hand. After doing some online research we find that it could be Parkinson and we had went to different doctors from renowned neurologist in Ranchi, Vellore, Patna but they have prescribed the same medicine syndopa and other tablets related to parkinson and for last few months she is under shoulder and neck pain 24 hours and as the pain is unbearable she is forced to take pain killers. I did some googling and found that tremors could be a side effect of thyroid but not sure I am worried that my mothers problems are not been diagnosed properly Please reply if someone have good understanding about these problems and genuinely want to help. So after going to many doctors we have seen that all doctor just repeat mostly the same tests and same medicines and I am very hurt to say this but all they want is money they don't care about patient as we are from middle class family money matters for us but money is nothing in front of my mother's well being and we are ready for treatment cost until they diagnosed her properly and do proper treatment. Please reply as soon as possible.
I am in depdrssion for last 10 yrs. I took medicine for 6 -7 months ( not regular ) stalopalm 20 mg , petril 0.5 mg , oxital etc. I want5 to get permanent relief from this problem . Symptoms : restless, weight loss, ghabrahat, i take 500ml alcohol daily for the last 14 yrs.
Nervous Breakdown is not a medical term. It is connected to health problems associated with depression and anxiety. It often results from extreme stress and need medical help to overcome it. Although there are physical and emotional symptoms of this state of being, people often miss it. Here is a list of some common signs and symptoms related to nervous breakdown:
- It is hard to concentrate: It is often seen that a person finds it hard to concentrate when he is on the verge of mental breakdown. While a little stress helps in better functioning of the memory, chronic stress can prove to be lethal for the human mind and body. According to a study conducted by the University of Maryland Medical Center, it is found that too much stress results in the secretion of a hormone called cortisol which deteriorates the memory.
- Food becomes your best friend: An increased level of stress makes the body release certain hormones such as adrenaline for a flight response. When this hormone wears off, cortisol asks the body to replenish energy from food. This hormonal reaction results in emotional eating. As a result of stress, certain high sugar items such as ice-cream and chocolate give a good feeling to the body. According to a study conducted by the American Psychological Association it was found that 40 percent out of 3000 individual seek pleasure in high fat high sugar items.
- An upset stomach: Often before nervous breakdown, many people report symptoms related to IBS. A patient might also go through certain other symptoms such as stomach aches, abdominal pain and diarrhea. These indicators are related to overwhelming stress more often than not. According to a recent study conducted by the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, it is found that more than half the people suffering from IBS have anxiety or depression related disorder.
- Slouching becomes your favorite activity: Slouching is a major indicator of stress. A study conducted by the San Francisco State University in 2012 revealed that slouching drains more energy than skipping. Poor posture and depression is a common phenomenon in people suffering from anxiety and stress related disorder. If this is occurring way too frequently, it is time to consult a doctor and get professional help.
- A hyperactive nose: People with hypertension, anxiety, depression and stress often find themselves with a hyperactive sense of smell. A study conducted by the University of Wisconsin revealed that when a person is exposed to disturbing images of crashes or accident, he is often found to have a distorted sense of smell. Even neutral smells can be mistaken as foul ones by patients suffering from anxiety. If this sounds familiar, it is time to visit a doctor.