Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Patil Megha Bipin
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Patil Megha BipinYour feedback matters!
What should I do to remove of ear wax. Because of using Johnson ear bud it has gone back in ear canal. I am feeling as my ear has blocked and hearing less also.
My wife 's head is spinning. She feels that her surrounding is rotating. She feels that it may be due to gas. Kindly advise.
Hi sir My son is 9 years and he is allergic to wheat and taking Glutin free Diet. But he is normal now as per doctor opinion. But his nose always remain blocked never blow And almost low/nil air passes. His Sputum report is -ve (no AFB seen) but mantoux report is +ve (23 mm). Kindly suggest and help me.
Dear Doctors My age is 42 years. I am non alcoholic and not use tobacco. My throat was dry by last 5 years. Now the problem is looking increased. I have cough by last 15 days. I consult with the Doctors they said nothing to worry. They checked my throat and CBC test. That is normal. But still we have problem after every 10-15 minutes my throat do something different. I have cough mostly in winters. Now let me know what to do. I am afraid that there is any growth of abnormal cells in my throat.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat small frequent meals.
- Do not skip any meal.
- Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in diet.
- Eat a combination of carbs (whole grains, oats, brown rice) , fats (good fats like flax seeds, walnuts,olive oil, fish etc) , and lean protein.
- Get good minimum 8 hours of sleep.
- Exercise regularly.
- Don't stress.
- Avoid junk foods loaded with sugar, caffeine, preservatives, etc.
- Don't deprive yourself of adequate sleep.
50 yrs old my sister has severe nasal allergy in spite of medications. In the morning. Does any matteress available for allergy persons?
How to stop snoring while sleeping! and I am addicted to smoking how to loos that habit. Please do let me know.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!