Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Patel Navin PremjiYour feedback matters!
I ma suffering from acidity for last few days. Specially after meals. Can you suggest any home remedy for the same?
I have been suffering with gastric trouble for some year now, since last 2 months I feel uncomfortable after having meals, severe burping all the day please advice me on this, as i am taking medicines like pantoprazole since one month I see no difference.
I am 37 years old male. I am having digestion problem and gastric. I have severe bowel sounds and going motion frequently. What should I do.
Hi I observed intestinal infection since yesterday. I went bathroom immediately I take meals. Plus I used to be prone to this problem. I think my stomach is not healthy bcuz since two days sour liquid piped out up to throat three to four times. And my tongue tastes bad. I talked yesterday tablet ciplox-tz and now I take nuflox-od. Can u. Suggest me. A. Medicine that can make my stomach healthy and strong and medicine that make my intestine healthy?
I have a stomach problems like acidity, low blood pressure, headache too. What should I do to come out with this problem?
I am hbsAg positive patient .andi was suffered from jaundice 4 month back.and I m having itching all over body and abdominal discomfort
I am suffering from gall bladder multiple polyps and GERD, maximum size of polyp is 5 mm since almost 2 years. I experience some pain under my right rib cage or upper right abdomen side oftenly and not always. Please let me knew is there any treatment for removal of polyp and why do the pain occurs at upper right abdomen.
I m not eat oily product aur fast food but I will suffer acidity problem. please tell me what I do for this problem please tell me a home remedies.
She is suffering from Gastric Erosion, I need an explanation regarding her diet, what sort of food she should be given including fruits, vegetables, and all. What does this diseases stands for.
I get pimples or acne on my face and neck. My digestion is also weak. Can taking probiotics help get rid of pimples or acne?
Every time I eat something spicy my ribs begin to pain. It's a burning pain. Is acidity the coz? Is there any permanent cure for acidity? And does acidity and gas cause arthritic problems? Pls advise.
Am a 42yr old lady, recently I was conceived and got abortion when I was completed 2months. Bleeding and all was normal. But after that when I ate something my abdomen will become big and not able to digest the food properly. And also I got a tummy also. Want to know how to come out from this problem. It is very irritating to me. Pls help me.
The liver is a key organ in metabolism and will have some amount of fat. However, excessive fat accumulation in the liver can be abnormal and is referred to as fatty liver. If the fat content exceeds anything more than 5% to 10% of the liver’s weight, it would be referred to as fatty liver.
Types - There are mainly two types based on causes:
- Alcoholic fatty liver: This is very common in people who consume excessive amounts of alcohol. Even a one-off instance of binge drinking can cause increased fat accumulation in the liver, but it would not produce any symptoms though. Preexisting hepatitis, pregnancy, obesity, and genetic predisposition may also lead to alcoholic liver disease.
- Non-alcoholic liver disease: This is the less common type of fatty liver, and there would be no alcoholic abuse history here. However, there could be genetic predisposition, obesity, autoimmune liver disease, malnutrition, which can lead to this condition.
Fatty liver disease is a chronic condition with insidious onset (meaning to say, the exact time of onset cannot be pinpointed). However, as the disease condition progresses, symptoms will become evident, which can trigger a medical evaluation to identify the fatty liver. Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive fatigue and weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble focusing and concentrating
- Impaired judgment
- Constant, slow enlargement of the liver can cause pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen (where the liver is)
- There could be jaundice, where the skin and the white of the eyes turn pale yellow
- Symptoms of liver failure, including increased levels of proteins in the chemical tests.
As noted earlier, it is not easy to identify liver disease, as there are no specific symptoms. However, the above symptoms could point to a potential fatty liver.
- Blood tests, especially for liver enzymes
- Ultrasound, where the liver is imaged to look for any structural changes
- Biopsy, where liver tissue is extracted to confirm the diagnosis of fatty liver
There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. It can be managed through the following, where symptoms reduce in severity, and overall prognosis improves.
- Diabetes control: There is a relation between how well diabetes is controlled and severity of fatty liver. Improving diabetes control ensures fatty liver does not progress.
- Alcohol: Cutting down or even better quitting alcohol, definitely helps improve symptoms. If it is alcohol induced fatty liver, alcohol should be stopped.
- Weight management: Obesity and fatty liver are related, so weight management is essential.
- Healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen also helps improve symptoms of fatty liver. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I have abdominal pain continuously since 20 years. My age is 57 years (male). Please advise medicine, I shall be grateful to you.
I have gallstones (8mm. What kind of medicine or treatment can decrease it? It is too painful. please give me a suggestion.
Dear Sir/madam, I am 8 week pregnant now, we got confirmed by doctor in 6th week and prescribed cor 3 tablets daily once. After that some bleeding is observed, we rushed to doc for advice and she prescribed duphaston. Its almost a week I have been taking that medicine. But still occasional bleeding on regular basis is observed. We are worried about the situation, other symptoms are bloating, constipation, sleeplessness, abdominal pain. Please guide us.
I suffer from IBS. Was prescribed lot of antibiotics in last 6 months for stomach infections. Rite now taking PPI wid domperidone. Extreme nausea, bloating and stomach heaviness. Was prescribed some probiotics like floristore. Not felt nice. But felt good after taking homemade curd. Stopped curd after throat pain and viral. I frequently get viral/ throat problems. Pls suggest any good probiotics contains only lactobacillus other than sporlac.
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
1. Bananas: The potassium in bananas is an excellent antidote to acidity. Eating a ripe banana can provide you relief from the discomforting symptoms of acidity.
2. Milk: The calcium in milk bars acid build-up and absorbs the extra acid produced. For best results, drink cold milk to ease your discomfort.
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.