Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parul Shah
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Parul ShahYour feedback matters!
I am tech guy. Working from 9 am to 6 pm in front of computer screen. Sometime I feel headache and pain on eyes. Can you suggest me any idea to prevent this problem. Is there any need to wear spectacle?
I have week eye sight and due to which I have to wear specs all day so please suggest me how to remove specs.
Sir, I have been suffering from eye and nose allergy from last two years. The wall of nose and cone of both eyes itches a lot and I can't touch my nose when I touch it sneezing coming and in the morning always I am sneezing about 8-10 times. I have done lot of allopathic treatment along with homeopathic treatment also but not getting relief. I also avoid all the allergic food. So what should I do please suggest me. If possible please suggest me by a ayurvedic doctor. Thank you.
From past one week I'm frequently getting water from my eyes while driving and while using computer. I'm a 22 year old male, I'm employee my work is based on computer. Daily on a average I'll use system for about 6-8 hrs. Is this because of using system more frequently? What are prevention or care need to be taken? Are there chances of getting eye site? If so what precautions need to taken to stay safe? Thank you! Waiting for a valuable response.
My mother want to take treatment for cataract and she already diabetic patient from last 5 yrs. please suggest best treatment option in pune or jalgaon.
When I am on mobile or pc after 10 to 15 minutes suddenly I feel eye pain or headache. Why and what is the solution for this problem. I have no eye no also.
While spectacles are a fashion statement for some people, for others they are an uncomfortable necessity. Though contact lenses may be a little more aesthetically pleasing they too can be quite uncomfortable and cannot be worn throughout the day. Thankfully, there is a third way to correct vision. Laser sugery or LASIK, it is a popular refractive procedure that can correct common vision problems, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. This procedure aims at reshaping the cornea so that light entering the eyes can be focused onto the retina for the person to have a clearer vision.
- Laser surgery is pain-free and quick in most cases. Usually, it does not take more than 15 minutes to correct vision in both eyes. The results of this surgery can be seen in as little as 24 hours.
- The first step of laser surgery to correct vision is to create a thin, circular flap in the cornea. This is then folded back to access the stroma or underlying cornea. An excimer laser is then used to remove some of the corneal tissue.
- For people suffering from nearsightedness, the cornea is flattened while for people suffering from farsightedness, the cornea is made steeper. In cases of astigmatism, an irregular cornea is smoothened.
- Once the correct gradient has been achieved the corneal flap is put back into place and the cornea is allowed to heal naturally. There are no stitches or bandages required in a laser eye surgery.
- You may feel a temporary burning or itching sensation in your eyes immediately after the procedure. It is important not to rub your eyes or place any pressure on them. Your vision may also be cloudy or blurred for the first few hours.
- A doctor will usually advise you to rest for a few days after the surgery so that your cornea can heal properly. In a few days, your eyesight should stabilize, though, in a few rare cases, it may take a little longer. You should also avoid any form of strenuous exercising for a few days after the surgery.
Though LASIK surgery has a very high success rate, there are very rare occasions where spectacles may still be needed even after the surgery. Thus LASIK is a choice of treatment for many who seek freedom from glasses. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!