Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Parul PatelYour feedback matters!
Anemia and lightheadedness Hi I have now been taking iron tablets 3 tines a day for 3 weeks although I do feel a bit better I still have almost constant lightheadedness and dizziness each day which makes me feel I could pass out any minute and is causing a lot of anxiety for me. I was at my doctor today who said this.
From last 15 days I am not feeling hungry at any time during any day, I had sore throat, I had takem azithromycin 500 mg, three doses+combiflam+ cetzin 10mg, but could not recover fully, later on I took 5 days, novaclox lb 250 mg (tds) +nicip (sos)+leoctzin hs, even then I am not feeling well. No hungry at all, feverish most of the time & tired. I have not taken any rest. Kindly advise. No sugar or bp. Katiyar.
I am suffering from sinus. Whenever I sleep. I got a panic attack of breathlessness for few seconds. And I have done with ctscan of sinus in which there is swelling in muscles of inside the nose. And also taken medicines like spray and also tried homeopathy but both were not working. Kindly help me what to do and do nots. And prescribe the medicine.
I have running nose for past 3days which gradually changed into thick yellow mucus. Also suffering Frm sore throat What is the differential diagnosis?
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants