Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parul Maniar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Parul ManiarYour feedback matters!
In the afternoon the redness of my eyes increases which gradually decreases in night and sometimes its there when I wake up in the morning.
I have short sight of -3,-3. I am using spectacles but give me some suggestions to solve my problem. As I am poor I can not spend money for hospitals so please say how to treat myself in home. Will be waiting for your better reply. Thank you.
Actually I have eyesight from my childhood, I just don't like to wear any Glass so is there any other solution for eyesight except Glass & lens?
I am 63 years old. I have a small mosquito like object in the left eye and where ever I look on the left hand corner I can see that black mosquito like object with web, what should I do and what is it. (no pain)
How to take care of my eyes? I don't have specs now. But now I am studying mechanical engg. Hence I have to do continuous work in workshop. There I continuously cone in contact with sparks from grinding machine, sparks from welding machine. Now I realise that due to this work I am suffering from continuous headache problem. 1) So please tell me how to face this problem? 2) Is it possible that incomplete sleep is also a reason for headache? 3) Please suggest some food also so that to minimize my problem?
Hello doctor, I am a 20 years old student. After complete my daily college felt daily pain on my left eye and head. I am feeling depressed about that. Please help me.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.